Belarus man dies from injuries incurred in furious beaver attack

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Beaver 'bites man to death' (Daily Telegraph)
An angler in Belarus has died after he was attacked by a beaver which bit him twice on the thigh, severing an artery.
---
Sergei Shtyk, the deputy head of the region's wildlife inspectorate, told The Daily Telegraph the victim had tried to approach the aquatic rodent after he and two friends encountered it as they headed out on a fishing trip.

"It was early morning and already light when they saw a beaver by the road, which was unusual because beavers are nocturnal," said Mr Shtyk.

"One of them went up to be photographed with it, and the animal attacked him and bit him twice, cutting an artery in his thigh, before running away."
---
more at the link, with a video and more than you could ever care to know about beavers in Belarus

I see beavers all time during the day by where I live. Apparently, Arkansas beavers didn't get the memo that they are supposed to be nocturnal!

This story would have been funny except for the guy dying.

I know now not to mess with one...

Re: wildlife - healthy respect. I even give squirrels a bit of a wide berth, thinking perhaps the little critters will have picked up - somehow - remarks I've made in the past about them ("jumped-up rats with better tails," etc.) and plot revenge.

(Did anyone else laugh hysterically at the headline?

??????

Best-
Herding Cats)

I saw this on the Twitter, googled it up to find a better link, wound up with L.A. Times, thought it probably was authentic, then saw the Telegraph link with the original story (original in English, at least). One does not expect to see "Beaver 'bites man to death'" as a headline in Daily Telegraph! Red-top tabloids, yes. Conservative ol' Telegraph, #notsomuch.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back