trial day 48: REBUTTAL #146

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Demarte maintains the same tone etc. with Willmott even if it's not to the State's advantage. It's so good to have a real professional.

I don't know if anyone else caught this, but after the doc indicated that JA does not meet the criteria for memory loss, JA mouthed, "Of course."

Thanks, angell -- here's an air kiss for all you lip readers out there!

Dr Sammuels couldn't even recall the name of the test he administered! Didn't have a bubble sheet....fudged and invalidated the test by fabricating answers for Jodi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We now have indisputable evidence that Jodi has a temper tantrum problem so severe that she smashes windows and kicks down doors (and kicks her mom so she even lied in that email -- hear that ALV, what was that about being deceptive?).

Do we have such evidence for Travis?

No. The end.

I wonder what ALV would have said if there was an email with Travis writing that he has problems with kicking down doors and smashing windows.

Do we know who any of the other rebuttal witnesses are. Its almost like they can't get any better.

After all these weeks of listening to pure and utter crap about TA and their sex life, I almost feel washed clean of the nonsense.

She made RS and ALV look like kindegartners today.

K

I can honestly say...my kindergartners are exceptional compared to those two individuals! Just sayin...they are only 5 or 6 yrs old and still I say this lol

The Writings of Jodi we saw earlier

emailanger.jpg

Kicked down doors and broken windows. Wow.

Demarte really has JA's number when she talked about her being clumsy. The way she lumbered up to the stand, violently took her blazer off, etc. It always bothered me. She just looks WRONG. She creeps me out. You would think the DT would want to work with JA to lessen those effects.

The whole testimony so far has been great. Juan going through all the criteria and getting the witness to explain why exactly Jodi doesn't fit the criteria has been great to watch. One of the things that stuck with me is when she mentioned Jodi looking at the blood on her hands and saying she knew then that she had killed Travis. I'd assume I had maybe stabbed someone or hurt myself, I wouldn't automatically come to the conclusion that I had murdered someone. Also, the part where she highlighted how Jodi kept seeking out family/friends/places or things and events related to Travis showed that she wasn't suffering any trauma!

Great testimony so far. She's totally convincing me that the diagnostic by dr. Samuels was completely wrong and biased.

Juan's cross-examination strategy and techniques go over the head of many of his critics (e.g., talking heads on any number of HLN programs) too. I laugh when they criticize him for being "unprepared" (NOT) or suggest that he'd be more effective if he stood at the lecturn and read questions from a legal pad. Another pet peeve is the suggestion that he wastes time and should just move on. While anyone can get lost in the "weeds" on occasion, it's rare that he asks a question without a purpose.

Yeah, those that want him to just make his points and move on, and want him to not jump back and forth from issue to issue just don't understand how well prepared he is. JA and her witnesses are well practiced in their stories and given the opportunity to recite it again would cause them little issue. But make them go out of sequence and revisit items they previously thought they were done with is how you trip them up and cause them to get lost in the FOG of their own stories. And I'm absolutely impressed that he works without reading from a script and seems to never forget the details of the evidence and prior testimony. I have yet to see him have the need to scan through notes trying to find something - he's got it right in his head at all times. Even every bit of evidence he introduces is always right at hand, not digging for it.

Remember the moment in "A Few Good Men", when the prosecutor used the Gitmo manual to get the witness to admit that a Code Red wasn't in the manual. Tom Cruise without missing a beat snatches the Exhibit (manual) in stride out of Kevin bacon's hand to use it for his own belittling argument? Well, Martinez did the same thing to JW the other day and I almost jumped up and cheered. Sure there are things he could do to improve his work... but that doesn't mean there are many that can do it as well as he already does it. Look at it this way, most of us have become cheerleaders for a prosecutor... yet, I'm not the only one here who typically professes to hate lawyers (with a few exceptions).

WildAboutTrial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m

I see Valerie putting a stack of papers, stapled by the staple lady, on the jurors seats. #JodiArias

OMG, I cannot take any more footage on the Boston issue on HLN. TV off until the TH come on....

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

I see Valerie putting a stack of papers, stapled by the staple lady, on the jurors seats. #JodiArias

What could those papers be?

I'd like to know what the whited out section was .. My guess: hurts my image. Because what else goes between other people and the self? The mask.

Also I can see why that would need to be masked out for the trial.

I zoned in on " I called Darryl (but only because...)" Like she had to give herself an excuse..."but only because".

When JM asked about himself being a "jerk". Did that make anyone else think that the court was aware of ALV saying or mouthing "jerk" when they went up for a sidebar & THAT might be what yesterday's sealed session was about?

:Welcome1::Welcome1:

I hope Demarte maintains the same tone etc. with Willmott even if it's not to the State's advantage. It's so good to have a real professional.

things are just so much easier when someone is telling the truth. JW won't rattle her, is my prediction. she doesn't need to twist and turn things. it just is what it is. I LOVE HER!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member