trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #149

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the DT had a chance of minimizing JDD's expert testimony due to her lack of focused experience on DV, JDD was unequivocally effective in demonstrating that both defense experts were derelict in their evaluations for failing to look into possible psychopathology. I'm listening to some TH on HLN who is not impressed with JDD's lack of experience in terms of years. I've been playing tennis for over 30 years but know people who have played for 5 years who outplay me every time.

I agree that Dr. DeM. being so young does not count against her. After all, she has a fresh brain and has recently learned her trade, unlike Samuels and ALV who studied for their degrees 50 years ago.

Possibly, but I REALLY wanted to hear something other than "What a B****!" from JW, and I played it over and over to be sure. I don't think I've ever heard anything like that coming from an attorney in court. To tell you the truth, Juan Martinez had the right to say that with both Jodi and ALV, and he didn't! Another cheer for Juan!

and the biggest queen b**** of them all...

I'm new here, don't say much, but love the forum. Great post gitana1! Well said, my feelings exactly! Jodi and Company were certainly 'gleeful' when they got Juror #5 dismissed, and I saw many 'gleeful' moments from her when she got things her way....It is what it is, unfortunately, none of us are here to gloat - we are here for Travis and his family, to see justice done. We would not be here if it weren't for her actions. What is karma? laws of attraction? How ironic?

Well said to you too Hildy, thanks for chiming in.

BBM, Interesting spin in your questions, JA is learning the breadth of the Law of Attraction and All About Karma. The irony is rich indeed.

fyi. JC just said on the JVM show, a credible source indicates JA has a migraine, thus the recess until tomorrow. Our Webster word of the day:

al·leged adjective \ə-ˈlejd, -ˈle-jəd\

Definition of ALLEGED

1: asserted to be true or to exist <an alleged miracle>

2: questionably true or of a specified kind : supposed, so-called <bought an alleged antique vase>

3: accused but not proven or convicted <an alleged burglar>

Source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/alleged

When JW was asking Dr. D about her testifying in court and her pay rate...and failing, you didn't hear Dr. D reference anything about having student loans or such as Alyce tried to tell the jury about not having much in the way of retirement built up, for her 44 hours and all her research hours.

I bet Alyce's bill was wayyy higher than Dr. D's. Imho, the smiles from the Judge and Mike (court reporter), the Court has used the services of Dr. D before or she is just a breath of fresh air compared to the last 2 witnesses.

The Defense has the unmitigated nerve to bring up someone's pay rate?..... seeing it's THEIR client who caused this entire trial to begin with??
Wow. Just when I thought I was becoming shockless.

JW just comes off so inexperienced and seriously lacks proper decorum. In fact, based on her overall attitude I find her to be quite immature actually.

Oh well.....you get what ya pay for and this dynamic duo was free (for Jodi)!

I have noticed before that when ere is a day when JW is going to be up on direct or cross for a long period, JA doesn't lower her chair at all or as much. I imagine it is because it is uncomfortable when it's lowered but she puts up with it when JW will be sitting next to her because she wants to appear as small as possible next to her small attorney.

Even though she towers over Wilmott when they are standing. Doesn't she know that the jury has seen them standing side by side numerous times? And Jodi appears to be about 3 inches taller than her BFF.

I just listened to the audio clip of JW - she said it really fast, but she did indeed say "What a B****!"

The 300 % volume one is the best one and I cant quite make it out, but it does sound negative no matter what it is. The closest I can guess is maybe
"you B### you"

ETA...Maybe "You betcha"

I just finished watching the morning session until the Judge said Please be back at 11:10.

What happened after that?????????????????/

Possibly, but I REALLY wanted to hear something other than "What a B****!" from JW, and I played it over and over to be sure. I don't think I've ever heard anything like that coming from an attorney in court. To tell you the truth, Juan Martinez had the right to say that with both Jodi and ALV, and he didn't! Another cheer for Juan!

HANG ON! I had to go get GROCERIES!! What happened???

ITA We will hear about her killing someone in prison and I have no doubt she will try & manipulate the COs!!She will not miss a chance at destroying more lives while in prison!! ALL MOO

That's exactly why I want her on DR. No little social network to create and extra perks she would be allowed if she gets life.

JA may have looked a little unwell today, but to my eye her unwellness didn't appear to be anything that couldn't alternatively be nothing more than an act put on for a purpose. It was just this morning that Dr. DeMarte said that victims of DV often present with multiple medical conditions then "coincidentally" JA fell ill.

Displaying the symptoms JA displayed today isn't really that hard. I can say this confidently because to be very honest there has been a time or two that I just couldn't push through the day at a job I didn't like I was fairly easily able to convincingly make it appear I was sick enough to need to go home at the insistence of my manager because she thought I looked really ill...indeed I wasn't ill, just sick of work.

She could have just had bad cramps. But in her case, given her history of illness, as soon things heat up, she is 'sick'. Never happened in all those days on the stand, though.

I know many of us only listen to HLN for the so called entertainment value, but once again, the TH's can't even get the names right.
So now the male TH called ALV...Ah-leece....
I guess no time to read the Cliff Notes. Please folks disregard the commentary from these 'professionals'. They get paid to talk. And mispronounce. And misspeak. And misinterpret....
SMH. Hard.

Well said to you too Hildy, thanks for chiming in.

BBM, Interesting spin in your questions, JA is learning the breadth of the Law of Attraction and All About Karma. The irony is rich indeed.

fyi. JC just said on the JVM show, a credible source indicates JA has a migraine, thus the recess until tomorrow. Our Webster word of the day:

al·leged adjective \&#601;-&#712;lejd, -&#712;le-j&#601;d\

Definition of ALLEGED

1: asserted to be true or to exist <an alleged miracle>

2: questionably true or of a specified kind : supposed, so-called <bought an alleged antique vase>

3: accused but not proven or convicted <an alleged burglar>

Source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/alleged

BBM...

Val.. Seriously.. That's been my word for the WHOLE TRIAL!!
Can't believe no one used that word except a few hours with I want to say JW with ALV..

So much has been presented as FACT in this case that is so questionable..

To quote earlier posters about the JW waddaya say J comments... Nothing but an elaborate & expensive I might add game of Telephone!!

Agreed. Everything.

I was taking issue with the malicious gloating over failure which is, at least in part, due to a very serious disorder. Never said there wasn't choice involved, never said responsibility and justice isn't due, because that's beside my point. What I'm hearing a lot of is that it's OK to make fun of mental illness and a failed life, so long as we agree that the target deserves it.

You are making this assumption relying on the basis that Jodi is suffering from a very serious disorder. And if she is, exactly what disorder is she suffering from?? 3 different experts, 3 different opinions, none of which can be verified. Nothing about her can be proven regarding her psycological status and mental health when all she does is lie, manipulate, dupe, deceive, scam, seduce and betray!!

The mere fact that you may be fooled by her possible 'mental illness' scares the hell out of me, because that is what her and her DT are counting on for ONE of the jurors! If she can feign PTSD, Battered Women's Syndrome or even Borderline Personality Disorder and one of the Jurors falls for it - then game over! She wins and this was all done for nothing and that is NOT OK, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE 'TARGET' DESERVES IT OR NOT!

Then she will blame lack of food again or sunshine.

The DT will then dig down and pull another "mistrial" card.

I think she's doing the loss of weight deliberately, suspect that perhaps she's inducing illness as well. She wants to look wan and fragile when the sentence comes down. Expect her to get stick thin in the next month. She is endlessly manipulating her circumstances.

Yes, I do believe she is trying to manipulate the jury's view of her, and enjoying it thoroughly.

If Jodi is having a headache with the first rebuttal witness there are more to come. This trial may last through the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419