weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, so ridiculous. Who would carry their car registration in their purse, especially when on a long distance trip and you aren't even driving that car?

I carry my car insurance, registration, and license in my wallet. To me, if my car is stolen (God forbid) I have all my info on me not in the vehicle. That is something my uncle (a police officer) always told me carry on my person. I didn't question it, I just did it.

Well, I am pretty sure that this Cancun trip is company wide. Many of the PPL recruitment materials discuss this trip to Cancun as a reward for thier most consistent salespeople and they emphasize the trip is fully paid for and is not that hard to achieve. I don't think that the company wide trip originated with the Hughes, I just think they made a really big deal out of it as recruiters. I could be wrong but if you look around at other Teams in PPL, the Cancun trip is a big deal with all of them.

I think that's correct.

IIRC, Gus said that there were two groups of PPL folks going on the trip, and that were going at different times. That sounded to me, anyway, like quite a few people going to Cancun.

They are supposedly on the list.. of course, that doesn't mean he will call them.. also think a computer guy, Dect. Brown (?) is on the list. I'm kinda hoping a forensic computer expert will prove she added/deleted from TA's email/her email. It can be done if you know/can hack the password.. and I am sure she had that.

I'd love to know if Travis changed any pws/pins after the tire-slashings, and if Jodi figured out the new ones too.

Exact Question Quoted:

"""Hypothetically, if a person suffered PTSD because of a bear attack while hiking would you throw out their PDS test if they lied and said it was a tiger?"""

I understood the question and I remembered it as asked. It still disturbed me because it seemed to be presumptive that Jodi did have PTSD because of something that happened but would the lie about how it happened cause the Dr. to disregard the test. Apples and oranges. Splitting hairs. Dr. D answered in the only possible way as she understood the question which underscored the prosecution's position on it. That answer should have been obvious to the juror, especially at this point. That's why it disturbed me.

I've always found this bit a tad bit disturbing if not, confusing.

According to Gus Searcy, Jodi phoned him hours after murdering Travis on June 4th. He testified that she told him 'Travis is dead'. Now.....why didn't he mention it to anyone in Cancun? Wouldn't people have missed and conversed about Travis expected yet missing presence that weekend? Or is Gus just bull----ing? And if so then, why?

MOO, but I think Gus screwed up the dates. I think it wasn't the night TA was killed, but the night he was found-the 10th. Gus' group was already back from Cancun, and Travis' was supposed to have left the following morning.

I may be wrong, tho.

The undisputed fact that, in her second rental car, after she was arrested on July 15th (?) they found knives and later on.....a hidden gun that was discovered very well hidden in the engine compartment.
So she is with no doubt, a risk to society and could've very well had her next victim planned out. Mimi? Ryan? Who knows...............

Until she was questioned and arrested, the person at the greatest risk to be murder victim number two was Thomas Brown.

MOO, but I think Gus screwed up the dates. I think it wasn't the night TA was killed, but the night he was found-the 10th. Gus' group was already back from Cancun, and Travis' was supposed to have left the following morning.

I may be wrong, tho.

I think you're right...seems like I heard Gus tell contradicting stories/dates.

I think the thingthat bothers me most about this trial is the judge. She doesnt seem to respect the jurors' time. They are the invited guests and all should be done to keep them on a schedule, to stop the witnesses from 20 minute nonanswers disguised as testimony and to take their comfort into account more than the defendant.

Oh Georgina ITA! Weird you should post this right now as I just finished a heated exchange with my son who is studying criminology on exactly that subject. Per him the jurors are doing their civic duty and the only person of importance and consideration in that room is the defendant.
He's young and life is still very black and white in his world view. :seeya:

I carry my car insurance, registration, and license in my wallet. To me, if my car is stolen (God forbid) I have all my info on me not in the vehicle. That is something my uncle (a police officer) always told me carry on my person. I didn't question it, I just did it.

that's understandable bc its your car's reg,lic, insurance all together, ready to present to the officer pulling you over,,however, JA's story goes like this " the male ninja went into my purse, and he looks at my registration and sees my address, he warned me he knew where i lived and they will come after me if i tell anybody" this is HER car registration? haha her license has a po box address, and she had the rental car there, what a crock!!! ninja looking at registration to get your adresss to swear you to secrecy or ELSE!

This is what is difficult to understand. JA's score on the psychopathic deviate scale was off the charts it was so high. Assuming that isn't BPD, why wasn't that embellished upon in court?

she also wasn't allowed to discuss the 'detachment disorder' which she started to talk about but JW stopped her. and JM never asked her about it either. so i'm scratching my head over her conclusions being complete.

Back to ALV...I've decided what her problem was that she'd never been confronted about her research, views, etc like she got from JM. I can imagine that she'd always been revered by other women, especially those her age. She had this kind of like HOW DARE YOU kind of attitude. Reminds of my narcissistic sister who when confronted by something says "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!" because around here she's considered as a celebrity. In other words, she and ALV are bigger in their own heads than they really are.

Do you think you could do any better?
The defense is stuck with a fantasy story made up by an ill person. What do you expect them to do? They are doing the best they can with what they got. On the other hand the prosecution has it on easy street. Do you think it is JM is the only person that can crack this case open? Think about it.

Exactly. This whole Juan the wonder prosecutor sentiment I really can't understand. They wouldn't have charged this case (or any of his other cases) unless they thought they definitely would win. They rarely, if ever, do. Here, the State has dna, other physical evidence and photographs at the scene; days of videotaped police questioning of the defendant who chose not to lawyer up and to lie her face off; the dateline interview with more of the same. Really, the only thing that Juan could do here would be to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

And I'm not saying that to slam Juan. Even though I really don't like him, what I'm saying in this post has nothing to do with that. It would be true, imo, for any prosecutor trying this case.

JW was almost as bad here as she was with dear Janeen. I watched this not that long ago.

She tries to make being shot in the head sound like no big deal. TRULY! Compares it to people who walk in the ER with an arrow in their head and are fine and talking.

The good doctor gives her a nice lesson about the gases, the velocity, etc. which make it quite a different proposition.

Jenny's not too bright.
I don't want to sound like the devil's advocate but, given what she had to work with, a scheming entitled narcissistic dishonest murderer, she's pretty damned amazing! I mean, the defense team are in for a penny, out for a pound. They can't back out of this nut case from hell. They've got to stay the damned course and look like they are doing it for all they are worth, otherwise, back to the drawing board!

if JA took anything from TA as she murdered him, wouldn't there be an additional charge for armed robbery, or a captial charge of robbery and a murder involved?

I think thats what the felony murder charges might cover.

that's understandable bc its your car's reg,lic, insurance all together, ready to present to the officer pulling you over,,however, JA's story goes like this " the male ninja went into my purse, and he looks at my registration and sees my address, he warned me he knew where i lived and they will come after me if i tell anybody" this is HER car registration? haha her license has a po box address, and she had the rental car there, what a crock!!! ninja looking at registration to get your adresss to swear you to secrecy or ELSE!

plus, the poor ninjas were going to have to drive 1000 miles to get to her family and kill them, and hope they got there before JA picked up a phone and called the law after running from TA's house.

:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member