trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #158

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jury saw part of the video but, no sound. :( I was hoping they would hear the audio as well.

lemme guess, the sound would have TA telling the mugging story which is eerily like JA's original ninja story. Way too prejudicial. Probably wasn't allowed in.

:banghead:

I really don't get that rule. Or at least how its been applied in THIS trial.

Seems like whatever really points to her guilt as a total MURDERESS ends up being deemed too prejudicial.

Uh duh.

:banghead:

I think its because the name of the video could easily be misconstrued to be something deviant or distasteful, were one so inclined. ;) 'Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger' which is actually a music video by a band named Daft Punk.
I don't understand why JM just didn't ask MM if he knew that this was a music video by a band named Daft Punk? He might have said "no" but at least, what it was would have been made clearer to the jury, wouldn't it?

moo

Thanks for clarifying. Audio was probably objected to by the defense before the video was allowed into evidence. The purpose, however, was to show images of JA and Travis together, correct? There was one still image of her in the hotel bathrobe smiling broadly with Travis standing behind her.

MOO

Correct! To show that she was not his "dirty little secret". The were often affectionate in public.

Sigh. I'm :fence: now. My brain is loopy right now.

Deep down I do believe she showed up @ 4am because it matches the last know cell phone ping in Pasadena and the time to drive to Mesa. Travis was waiting up for her.

I also think Travis was done with Jodi and kicked her out. She snuck back in fully armed and ready to put an end to their relationship.

This is with "crime of passion" is no matter what, evidence clearly displays premeditation. :twocents:

I also believe that's exactly what happened. The Defense also knows it. I think the crime LOOKS like a "crime of passion" because after Jodi failed to get her way with Travis, she became enraged and slaughtered him brutally.

She was mad enough to kill in Yreka when she stole her Grandfather's gun, and began to plan the "road trip" to mask her visit to Mesa. Being the dumb-a$$ that she is (sorry, Einstein!), she got caught with reciepts and gas cans and license plates and her big mouth.

When she surprised Travis on the 4th, he just wouldn't go along with what she demanded. Take her to Cancun? Marry her? Have her move in with him? Who knows. And she killed him.

Thanks for clarifying. Audio was probably objected to by the defense before the video was allowed into evidence. The purpose, however, was to show images of JA and Travis together, correct? There was one still image of her in the hotel bathrobe smiling broadly with Travis standing behind her.

MOO
Yes because the audio was him relaying a "near-death" experience where he was nearly shot in the temple in the same place Jodi shot him. But the image was what Juan needed to show Jodi was no secret to his friends, and how clingy she was, laying all over him. I've cuddled with my husband like that watching TV, but not in front of other people!!!

MOO
Jodi aka "That Blonde Thing On His Lap". Priceless.

Okay for me and anyone else asking about juror #7

I thought I seen a tweet or something from WAT concerning juror #7

So I have went back to twitter to find what it.

I think the confusion was someone was just saying that they think JA may have told JW #7 is the one who ask the question, here is part of the tweets.

@angelmusings: @WildAboutTrial talk on the interwebz is this recess has to do with juror #7, can you shed any light? #wildaboutrial #jodiarias

@WildAboutTrial: @angelmusings haven't heard anything about juror 7. That could be the cup toucher.. what did they do?

@angelmusings: @WildAboutTrial no clue, the FB group is talking about J#7, speculating. JA mouthing "7" to JW whilst writing notes back and forth

This might have been when Juan was going off his game, he knew Arias was buzzing about the jurors. His mind was probably on the DT pulling some carp. Mixed up am and pm.

Yes, that was the first witness. He filmed that clip. He had a nice butt. :D

NG now showing the videotape of Travis telling his friends about his near-death experience (originally on Dr. Drew's show) and the testimony...

This is a nice surprise; I had no idea this witness and the videotape was on the rebuttal list!

:D

I think she took them as a backup plan to blackmail him if Mimi saw them on the Cancun trip. Surprise, surprise! Or as souvernirs, or she meant to delete them. But she had no shame when Det. Flores told her he had seen "all of her". She said, "It does resemble me":eek::eek::eek:
"Pig tails" with question mark and her voice goes up two octaves!

Are you serious? Can they do that, try and get a juror kicked for asking a question? So now she is stalking the jury members?

She's been visibly homing in on one of the jurors the past few days.

She really has found her feet in that courtroom the past month or so.

Question for any lawyers...

What else can Juan argue in the Agg phase besides the crime being cruel & pre-med?

I don't know if JM would be able to bring this up, but I find it very telling that when JA was arrested in July '08, her car was packed like she was getting ready to flee... And when they search her car they found the gun that she had recently purchased AND they also found knives that she had hidden in books...

To me it supports the idea that she had a gun and knives on her trip to Mesa to murder TA...which supports premeditation...

It also makes me wonder if she was planning to murder someone else that possibly "knew to much"...someone she was worried about remaining "faithful" and not telling the police what they knew... Maybe MM or DB??

This is the video Nurmi was making such a big deal about...are you kidding me! :doh: But the ending really has me wondering just exactly who accessed this video and for what purpose.

Daft Hands - Double Speed (Faster, Better) - YouTube

I had thought Arias testified that Travis was watching some video about girls dancing with boxes on their heads? This is the one I found about the Daft Hands with the girls and boxes on their heads. It's a MEME about the rock band Daft Punk and it's something that college kids have made up as some kind of Meme regarding that song Harder, Faster , Stronger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rimybGbr-Ak

Maybe I am just paranoid... But shouldn't the jurors be more protected from the "alleged" defendant in trials in today's day and age?

Maybe the juror box could have a one way window to conceal/camo them from the likes of murderer JA?

TIA...:seeya:

I totally agree that especially in high risk trials with violent offenders jurors should definitely be provided with much more anonymity, privacy and security. In the early 90's I was involved in a very large organized crime trial with over 30 defendants in the courtroom. The federal prosecutor chose to have the trial in a city in the midwest. The trial was 9 months long. Although the defendants came from all over, from Washing State to Florida to Boston, Chicago and Texas. The gallery was packed with all of their family and friends along with the media. It was definitely a circus.

The jury was sequestered at a historic hotel downtown near the Federal Courthouse. There were only about 4 places near the courthouse to eat lunch or have a drink and one of them was the restaurant inside the hotel.

One of the jurors was a good looking guy, in great shape, mid twenties. One evening a few weeks into the trial, he was sitting in the hotel bar having a drink and he was approached by a very attractive 20-something girl who was very flirtatious, who asked to buy him a drink and he accepted. They had several drinks together and moved out to the much more private ivy-covered patio to make out. They made plans to meet again the next night for drinks again. The next night, same thing, except while making out, she takes $10 grand out of her purse and offers it to him to vote not guilty no matter what and hang the jury. The next morning, he reported this to the sheriff and judge and he was dismissed from the jury and the judge was PIZZED, demanding from the defense attorneies to reveal who the woman was. Never found out.

A couple of weeks later, while court was in session, a 45-ish yr old juror's wife whop was pregnant with twins got a menacing visit from two thugs who told her that she better tell her husband to "get it right or there would be hell to pay"

Juror tampering and intimidation is of couse against the law but only if you get caught. A LOT of other crazy antics went on during that trial, just insane what people will do. That was in the early 90's before so many people were online, info seaches, myspace, facebook, twitter other digital footprints and easy to track. I can only imagine how easy it would be to track down jurors and harrass them, especially if the person only got a short sentence and was released with a nasty chip on their shoulder or had nasty friends do evil deeds for them.

I think the jury gets it. I think the point was to reinforce the fact there was zero *advertiser censored* on Travis' computer. Basically, there goes the DT's pedo claim down the drain. Along with DR testifying that Travis was nothing but a great guy.

I don't understand why JM just didn't ask MM if he knew that this was a music video by a band named Daft Punk? He might have said "no" but at least, what it was would have been made clearer to the jury, wouldn't it?

moo

Are you serious? Can they do that, try and get a juror kicked for asking a question? So now she is stalking the jury members?

I can't possibly imagine the judge removing a juror for asking a question. She would have not allowed the actual question which DT had a chance to see prior to it being asked.

Before someone becomes a Mormon, there is a lot of time spent on education. Jodi would be told about the law of chastity because the leaders knew she was living with a man and therefore assumed she needed extra clarification on this issue. She knew.

Kind of OT:

I watched this interesting BYUtv reality series "The District" about LDS/Mormon missionaries. There are eight episodes and I cannot remember which episode I am thinking about, but there was one guy who committed to baptism and he thought he had broken the Law of Chastity by just kissing a girl. So either some missionaries don't really talk/explain much about the LOC or maybe some potential converts (JA??) are not that bright.

http://www.byutv.org/show/db6625a1-95a9-48d4-b8c7-62480b96e701/the-district

Missionaries came to my house every week or so for two months. They had pamphlets for EVERYTHING. Every rule. Heck yes, she knew.

i've found that if you answer the door naked and drunk, they stop dropping by

:floorlaugh: just kidding, couldn't resist :)

All smiles...maybe JW is just counting down the days? What JA is doing is beyond me!

jodi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member