trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160

Status
Not open for further replies.
winnah! I'll excerpt from a TN court opinion where Geffner testified for the mother.

Dr. Geffner’s two affidavits to the court were executed on February 13and February 27, 2007. Prior to executing the affidavits, he had spoken to Mother on the phone as well as to the parties’ adult daughter Shawn Sanders, but he did not speak to Father or to any of the other witnesses in this case. He also examined the materials that Mother or her attorney had sent him. His affidavit stated that “ased upon the records, interview, and tapes, it appears that Mr. O’Rourke exemplifies an abuser who has emotionally and physically abused his former wife and his children.” He also stated that “[h]e continues to manipulate and emotionally to abuse her in this battle to get custody and control of her.”

Let's check the boxes-biased, doesn't interview important witnesses including the guy who he declares is an "abuser". Yes, this seems like a typical expert the defense would come up with.

And, of course, he possesses that super secret, special ability that is incapable of being documented in any way, because of his "experienc" to determine who is an abuser and knows that tests are not required and in fact are not useful as only his special experience can find this "abuse".

In his affidavits, as well as during nearly a full day of trial testimony, Dr. Geffner challenged the use of the MMPI and other psychological tests by Drs. Bernet and Walker. He stated that questions of domestic abuse and family violence implicated a specialized area of psychological practice which required a totally different testing regimen. He testified that he himself was an expert in the area of family violence and abuse, as shown by numerous publications he had authored and by his participation in professional societies that focus on those areas. These included the Natural Resource Center on Family Violence and Sexual Assault, an organization he had founded and in which served as president.

Dr. Geffner testified that none of the other psychiatrists or psychologists involved in this case possessed credentials similar to his, and he declared that the lack of such credentials rendered any opinions they might have as to the relative fitness of Father and Mother for parenting responsibilities suspect at best. He also stated that when a mental health professional conducts an evaluation outside that professional’s expertise, it raises serious
ethical issues. He accordingly recommended that Mother file ethics complaints with Vanderbilt and the State Licensing Boards against the other mental health professionals involved in the case.

Oh, and of course, he devotes all of his time to his "expert" testimony...

Dr. Geffner testified on cross-examination that he no longer treats patients, but devotes all his time to consulting work related to his specialty. Father’s attorney questioned Dr. Geffner about his participation as an expert witness in a number of cases in different jurisdictions. These included Clark v. Collins, 956 F.2d 68 (5th Circuit 1992), a criminal case from Texas in which the court found that Dr. Geffner’s affidavit lacked credibility, in part because it was based on hearsay information supplied by the defendant’s attorney, with no independent verification of the information.

http://www.tba2.org/tba_files/TCA/2010/orourkec_111210.pdf

OK, so I think we can see what this guy's role is. The quesiton is whether the judge has allowed this new "expert" when the defense already got to have two. On of whom was a psychologist, just like this new guy. I'm not an AZ attorney but I don't get how you can suddenly rope in a whole new expert at this stage of trial when you already have one with the same credentials. What is the argument? Well, Juan destroyed our guy so we should get a new one. i really want to hear from AZlawyer or someone about this. Strikes me as really improper but then I am a picky person!

Does anyone have the information on this Dr Geffner being 'sanctioned'? I can't find anything on the internet.

Not to say I believe that's what Jodi Arias did, as there isn't a bit of evidence for it, but...

Not to overshare, but I mentioned I was in a year and a half relationship with a Borderline Personality that I only knew was BPD after the fact.

She did exactly that. Made up a faux pregnancy, then a horrendous story of a miscarriage and this little curly-haired fetus.

Total false and vindictive mind game. And in the mind of a Borderline, all is fair when there's some punishment to be meted out. Being vindictive is how they keep score. A borderline in the throes of their illness may not be a sociopath, but very often they are just as manipulative and empty inside.

You know what, Travis may have gotten the diagnosis wrong, but the betrayal might not have been one thing. It could have just been his realization that he loved and gave the benefit of the doubt to a person who was not only incapable of reciprocating in any normal sense, but who considered all means to punish, humiliate and simply torture him for not getting her own way to be fair game.

Realizing that all this time you've been looking into the eyes of something that isn't quite human, that there's a mask that has to be pulled off, that anything that they told you that was actually true was just an oversight on their part, is betrayal enough.

I've been thinking that she ( Jodi) was holding that May 10 th sex tape over his head. Blackmail pure and simple. Love me or else Mimi hears all. Thus destroying any chance he would have (and it was slim at best already with Mimi) with marrying the woman he finally felt he had found (Mimi Hall) I think THAT'S the betrayal he's talking about. I also think the only way he would agree to see her when she called on her way down to murder, was I think she told him she was bringing the phone and she would delete in front of him or something to that effect possibly. This is just my opinion only. I DO NOT think it was a pregnancy , I think it was that sex recording that I'm sure he knew nothing about.

Its a vinnie verdict alert...you need to follow him on twitter...he did this with Case that Shall not be Named....

Is there anyway I can do this other than Twitter? I don't tweet......but maybe I need to now.

Well I really home that JM clears up all the confusion about today's first rebuttal. There are more questions than answers on the board about it and without question, the jury will be confused as well. Why did he use the Walmart receipt? What phone were the pics taken from? What was the point Was it only to show that her hair was a very dark brown or was there something else he was pointing out?

Bleh.

Pizzed me off.

moo

ETA - I think that in her braided hair "naughty" picture allegedly taken on June 4th on TA's bed her hair is lighter than on the June 3rd pics shown today.

That is what I thought.
I think she went back between April and May 26.

No way she stayed away for weeks on end!

I think Vinnie Politan or HLN has something that can Text anyone when the Verdict is in? If I recall. So you can high tail it out of Macy's and get to a quiet place at that moment LOL

a text on my phone will make a noise an email will not I would like to know that information!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I was just saying if his family would start a civil suit then the judge could put a freeze on any profits she could make. I don't know why they haven't started a suit yet?

Yes, I agree they should, but I think these siblings are just wanting justice at this point. Hopefully they will in the near future. I don't know if an asset forfeiture would apply or not. I do know that the Son Of Sam Law can be applied to include family and friends of Jodi when she is convicted. I am not sure if the law even applies to all states or not. Off to read up on it.

Not one pic of them together that day (that we have seen)
the pic of him was not taken at the end of the bed where he was aware.
It was taken behind him.
The second one he did see.

Not one pic of her was taken by him "over her" on the bed.
She wasn't all comfy and posed in his bed.
No sexy poses. She was perched on the side of the bed all awkward...

That camera was on the back of the chair beside the bed.
IMO
And seriously who takes pictures AFTER THE ACT?
Isn't it usually a FORE PLAY kind of thing?
That leads into the act?

If I see one picture of BOTH of them together that day, not even x rated I can retract that statement.

She hurt him worse than the death of his father.
His friends would SPIT on her. She was a sociopath.

And not welcome in his home or bed IMO
Maybe the picture was not post coital.Maybe it was all he could muster up for her.

Yes he was a man!
He however was not brain dead.
Until JA was done with him.

He knew she was dangerous and would not engage her again or risk another fake/real pregnancy with her.

He is dead because he would not "do" her and told her to hit the road.
moo

BBM: Yeah, that's what I thought also..

Also.. IMO.. When taking pics like that, isn't there usually a pic of him putting it in .... something like that:blushing: but the photos see are the end product?

I am having a hard time thinking that Travis even took that pic of her ... Wondering if the camera was set up and she did that herself?

BBM

Taken a cellphone pic of themselves after having their hair dyed at a salon? Hm...I wouldn't. :floorlaugh:

Me either...but I'm a hippie chick and have only been to a "salon" a handful of times--

I'm more self service lol! Oh wait..that sounds bad:floorlaugh:

BBM

Taken a cellphone pic of themselves after having their hair dyed at a salon? Hm...I wouldn't. :floorlaugh:

I wouldn't do it either but her hair did look nice. Much better as a brunette than washed out bleached blonde.

Has anyone given any serious thought to how JA is going to react when the verdict is read? By her actions in court, and her television interview, I don't think she has a clue that she is actually going to be found guilty. For some reason I imagine her going totally beserk when the verdict is read.

Like that picture of Ted Bundy in the courtroom....when he is in a rage. I hope they have her all cuffed up when the verdict is read.

Tick Tock...

Jodi show is almost over:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh thanks! I guess I missed it!

speaking of missing something, I heard Katie was going to be interviewed by Beth today. Did somebody get a screen capture and post it somewhere?

Supposedly she was going to be interviewed for raising money for the family today.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

winnah! I'll excerpt from a TN court opinion where Geffner testified for the mother.

Let's check the boxes-biased, doesn't interview important witnesses including the guy who he declares is an "abuser". Yes, this seems like a typical expert the defense would come up with.

And, of course, he possesses that super secret, special ability that is incapable of being documented in any way, because of his "experienc" to determine who is an abuser and knows that tests are not required and in fact are not useful as only his special experience can find this "abuse".

Oh, and of course, he devotes all of his time to his "expert" testimony...

http://www.tba2.org/tba_files/TCA/2010/orourkec_111210.pdf

OK, so I think we can see what this guy's role is. The quesiton is whether the judge has allowed this new "expert" when the defense already got to have two. On of whom was a psychologist, just like this new guy. I'm not an AZ attorney but I don't get how you can suddenly rope in a whole new expert at this stage of trial when you already have one with the same credentials. What is the argument? Well, Juan destroyed our guy so we should get a new one. i really want to hear from AZlawyer or someone about this. Strikes me as really improper but then I am a picky person!

IMO Geffner was hired to interpret Dr. Demarte's test score results. Period.

Of course he'll say she is wrong, that JA has PTSD (echoing his good friend and colleague ALV).

Geffner has a horse in this race and it's the ego and reputation of his friend ALV.

Yes, I agree they should, but I think these siblings are just wanting justice at this point. Hopefully they will in the near future. I don't know if an asset forfeiture would apply or not. I do know that the Son Of Sam Law can be applied to include family and friends of Jodi when she is convicted. I am not sure if the law even applies to all states or not. Off to read up on it.

I know in Fl it would but Arizona has some strange laws. Sorry Arizonians.

I think Juan was trying to show that she dyed her hair on her road trip.

Do you guys remember when Juan kept asking her what else she got done in the salon in Salinas besides the brazilian wax? And what other services it offered.

I pray Juan puts it all together in closing proving she did in fact get a dye job along with the brazilian.

All I know is that Gus got her a replacement Helio and it's the same phone with the sex recording and the pics taken along route to Mesa.

Jun3 pic:

485428_10151588223903287_1623256598_n.jpg

Jun4 pic:
843b70b754793d9b6546e0de663e422e.jpg

Well I really home that JM clears up all the confusion about today's first rebuttal. There are more questions than answers on the board about it and without question, the jury will be confused as well. Why did he use the Walmart receipt? What phone were the pics taken from? What was the point Was it only to show that her hair was a very dark brown or was there something else he was pointing out?

Bleh.

Pizzed me off.

moo

ETA - I think that in her braided hair "naughty" picture allegedly taken on June 4th on TA's bed her hair is lighter than on the June 3rd pics shown today.

What I cannot recall is the replacement for the
Helio...was it also a Helio?

The pic she took of her bloody finger she injured at work...like May 31ish...what phone was that? :banghead:

Evening! New here, but have been perusing for a while. I noticed, as I'm sure you guys have long before me, that Jodi had blogged about an obsessive impulse not long before the killing. I wonder if she is now ultimately gratified? There's no filling that deep chasm of emptiness, IMO.

"I cannot ignore that there is an ever-present yearning and desire that pulses within me. It throbs for gratification and fulfillment....Yet somehow, I don't believe that all of the wandering in the world will lead me to its attainment. Somehow, I know it's right here inside of me. This yearning I have is perhaps the yearning for it to explode into expression. To be fully expressed would be would mean ultimate gratification." Jodi Arias, Personal Blog, May 10, 2008.

Good hair day, maybe.
Good hairless day too?
This Mike Walker from National Enquirer. He hasn't been heard much during this trial IIRC, maybe the odd time or two. Seems to me he's just looking to hawk more papers.

An unnamed source? Uh huh. Whatever Mike. I question his um.....motives for carrying on like he did tonight.
Or JA's motives! Her last 15 min.
Thank you! Of course I don't buy any of her crap about TA having a thing for the movie ... But it looks like she may have.

I think she did.
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members