Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there were a medical examiner who went along with the defensive team's shot-first theory, then it seems we would have heard testimony from him/her. Hmmm...

We all know that Surrebuttal has now been granted to refute Dr. DeMarte's testimony about BPD;

now HLN is reporting that Surrebuttal may be requested (and granted??) to refute the ME's testimony.

Another motion coming???

That wont happen, IMO. I wonder why HLN is saying this. Horn testified to the exact same thing in the CIC. There was no new info there. The defense had a chance to bring in someone in their CIC and they didn't. They don't get a do-over.

We all know that Surrebuttal has now been granted to refute Dr. DeMarte's testimony about BPD;

now HLN is reporting that Surrebuttal may be requested (and granted??) to refute the ME's testimony.

Another motion coming???

I can see it coming. I wondered it when Wilmott asked if someone with a slit throat could lift their head up. Implying that she could not have shot him last as his head wasn't lifted up by then. As if Jodi would or could not have lifted his head and shot him. GMAB She dragged him down the hall with something and could have very easily shot him prior to putting him into the shower.

I'm inclined to agree with this. Given her two ninja story, I think it's likely that she shot him to suggest that two killers committed the crime.

Very interesting theory. Hadn't thought of that, thanks for sharing!

After watching the dateline - along came jodi story I do feel that Travis was playing with fire and it should be a good lesson to all to treat people with respect. Not saying he deserved anything to happen to him, just saying that I think he could have handled his relationship with Jodi in "better" ways.... But what do I know..

it's kinda hard to 'respect' someone when they are lying to you, snooping through all your personal things, taping your conversations and being a general stuck up .... to your friends.

You are right.
Think back... She is alive but she was incapacitated. GG would not have been able to fight off a knife attack. She (if stabbed after being shot ) would not have had cut hands.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All anyone needs to know is what the medical examiner testified to. I have no idea why anyone here still thinks that the gunshot came first after that. Travis was shot at close range, and the bullet DID enter his brain though the ME was not able to detect it's pathway through the brain due to the state of decomposition. He knows it went through the brain because there was a bullet hole on the INSIDE of the skull as well as the outside where the bullet entered into his head just above his right eyebrow.

In order that the bullet became lodged in the cheekbone of the left side of his face what likely occurred is that the bullet entered his brain, went through the brain to the back of his head and slowed down by having gone through both his skull and brain ricocheted off the inside of his skull at the back of his head and passed back to the front of his head where it then lodged into his left cheekbone. For all we know the bullet could have ricocheted around through his brain several times before finally coming to rest lodged in his left cheekbone. Were it not for the state of decomposition of the brain the ME could have tracked the pathway of the bullet through the brain and discovered where it went and how many times it ricocheted off the inside of his skull tracking its pathway all the way through his brain before finally becoming lodged in his left cheekbone.

Since the ME could see that the bullet passed all the way through the skull in his forehead where he was shot he knows that in order for it to have become lodged in his left cheekbone the bullet HAD to have passed all the way through the brain to the back of his head, ricocheted off the inside of the back of his skull and passed all the way back through the brain again back to the front of his skull at least once in order for that bullet to have become lodged in the left cheekbone. The brain is very soft tissue, and though the bullet would have been slowed down because of having gone through the skull of his forehead because of it becoming lodged in his left cheekbone it HAD to have ricocheted off the back of the inside of his skull and passed all the way back through the brain at least once before becoming lodged in the left cheekbone.

Giffords was very lucky that when she was shot that the bullet exited her head instead of ricocheting around through her brain because that would likely have killed her.

Incidentally, the tragectory of a bullet is a straight line from where it exits the gun as to what direction and angle the bullet took. A bullet's pathway is the entire beginning to end scenerio from the bullet exiting the gun to where it comes to rest which may not be a straight line nor the same angles. For example, one can fire a bullet in a downward tragectory from the window of a second floor building, and its pathway could be a straight line to where it came to rest in a tree trunk, or it could be that the pathway is not a straight line if the bullet hit a heavy metal garbage dumpster, ricocheted off the dumpster in a different tragectory where it finally came to rest in a tree trunk. In the case where the bullet ricochets off the dumpster there would be TWO tragectories - the first being the straight line path of the bullet exiting the gun to where it hit the dumpster, and the second the straight line path of the bullet beginning from where it hit the dumpster to where it become lodged in the tree trunk. The difference between those two tragectories could be and likely would be different directions and different angles.

This is a great point

Danielle ‏@SheWhoDoes 2m

#jodiarias Who cries cuz of hurting some 1 in self defense? If some 1 was really going to kill u, would u feel bad about killing them 1st?

It depends. If it was a family member or a friend or loved one who went crazy, then yes. But I actually think I would always feel bad about taking a human life - at least for the family.

BBM-Dr. Horn is done testifying, JW did cross, he was asked juror questions and then JM and JW did their follow-up.

Oh, okay. Thank you!!!!!

Does this help at all? Travis was shot with a jacketed hollow point . The blue is what a regular bullet does. The green is what a hollow point does. It creates hydrostatic shock in the area once it enters the subject.

View attachment 32672

http://stresshooting.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28&Itemid=98

Eta: link

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, a jacket hollow point? Someone testified to that? If so, that's quite interesting, because the police report of the burglary at the grandparent's home listed the missing 0.25 handgun as having a magazine?, or whatever the thingy that holds the bullets is called, in it at the time, filled with, wait for it... jacketed hollow point bullets.

After watching the dateline - along came jodi story I do feel that Travis was playing with fire and it should be a good lesson to all to treat people with respect. Not saying he deserved anything to happen to him, just saying that I think he could have handled his relationship with Jodi in "better" ways.... But what do I know..

My husband and I had this same discussion last night. You never know what particular brand of psycho that you're getting into bed with! And even if you don't know that they are nuts initially, once they flash their certified crazy card....then you need to leave them well and truly alone.

He didn't deserve what happened to him in the slightest, but when you play with fire unfortunately the risks sometimes outweigh the benefits.

I will use this story to caution my future sons not to think with their "small brains."

I'm watching Dr Horn's testimony from today. I like him better without the scruff.

He's much clearer about his conclusion this time.

I wanted him to say the word "literally" to make sure he wasn't really Rob Lowe ("Parks and Recreation" reference). :)

I dont understand how you can say that. The ONLY thing we have showing how Travis was AT ONE TIME are texts messages when he told her she was the worst thing to happen to him. And OBVIOUSLY she had already done something TO HIM, so he was pissed about it.

Everything else she is saying, IS LIES!!!!!!! NO ONE can agree (except her paid hired guns) that he was mistreating her IN ANY WAY!

I think SHE should have handled their relationship differently!!!!! Its a 2 way street when it comes to relationships..... I think he did the best he could with Crazy, but.... what do I know?

I just cannot get over her mothers behaviour in the courtroom. She smiles,giggles and acts like she's the proud mother of a celebrity. Is she hiding her feelings or is she missing some coco puffs?

Neither. After this trial, she knows she'll be a millionaire. She can't wait.

From the State FB page: Following the Jodi Arias trial, Juan Martinez will before Judge Stephens again as the prosecutor in State of Arizona vs. Richard Allen Chrisman. Case No. CR2010-153913-001.

Chrisman is a former Phoenix Police officer who responded to a domestic violence call where he encountered a man resisting arrest, then proceeded to shoot & kill the man & his dog.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdkNdxhpVKE"]ARiZONA_ Phoenix Police Officer Charged w/2nd Degree Murder Is Finally Fired!! - YouTube[/ame]

Where can I find the photos with the time stamp? Huffington and HLN don't have date/time stamps.
Thanks,
Terri

I don't see TA guilty of anything. I think he was manipulated by JA with sex. Who knows, maybe she threatened to expose the sex tape or claim he was a pedophile if he didn't see her. I think TA was a victim of stalking and as a man didn't know it or didn't know how to fix the problem. I think the dynamics are different when men are stalked by women, and by this I mean that if they try get help or admit it they may be viewed as weak. But I resent that you think his story is a lesson to treat people with respect. No where did I see him treat JA disrespectfully.

I don't misspell anything. I don't write the letters OJ when we need orange juice.

I was a kid during the OJ murders, so I didn't quite get it, but now that I'm older, it's hard to watch the Naked Gun movies with Lesley Nielsen. I used to love to watch those with my brothers and my dad. I even read If I Did It out of curiosity. When you look at the facts and the politics of the time , total abomination. Luckily, people have seen one woman get away with murder recently so I doubt Arias will get off. There's too much anger from OJ and CA. I also think blatant young female celebs such as Lindsay Lohan not paying for crimes will factor in. Older jurors may just be sick of Arias's brazen lies and disregard for the law and human life. Jmo.

I bet the DT are feverishly looking for 2nd opinion as we type...

If there were a medical examiner who went along with the defensive team's shot-first theory, then it seems we would have heard testimony from him/her. Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288