State rests rebuttal case- thread #163

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another tribute video to Travis. The soundtrack is Amazing Grace. There's some lovely photos of Travis in this that I'd not seen before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPfG728ymxc

i hadn't seen a lot of those photos either,i lost it couldn't stop the tears. a beautiful choice of song as well,kind of haunting.

makes me even more angry seeing things like that and what that piece of carp did to him.:banghead:

:truce:I don't think they are helping her, more like cashing in.

Either way it is B S.

Dear Mods, I sincerely apologize for for some of my posts the last couple of weeks. Thank you for all that you do here.

I want justice for Travis and the Alexander Family and it has been challenging to hold my tongue and it has been unfair of me to waste your (Mods) time with having to watch my posts. I sincerely apologize.

Originally Posted by momtective
I believe that's exactly what she did...and washed all the blood from both hers and Travis' body down the drain. I also believe she slit his throat in the shower. The force with which the blood from the carotid artery would exit the body would make a huge mess. This is totally gross but there is a scene from Gray's Anatomy of a severed carotid artery.

I don't want to post the link because the thumbnail is graphic....so just search youtube for "carotid artery bursts."

WOW- thank you for reminding me of this. You are completely right. One of my adult sons had a birth defect in his kidney and it was repaired by entering his femoral artery. After the surgery, they slowly walked him back to his bed and he was very, very thirsty--dry mouth from anesthetic. They told him he could only take small sips but he knew better, being the rebellious type. He grabbed a glass of ice water, drained it, wretched and his femoral artery burst its stitches.

I arrived a couple of hours later and there were streaks of blood on the walls, the curtains, the ceiling. It looked like a kid had taken a squirt gun of blood and did a number on the room.

How would he get down the hallway after that though? And how do you explain the blood spray on the sink? A wound like that would be gushing blood immediately. The huge pool of blood at the end of the hallway lines up more with that kind of injury than what was found in the bathroom IMO.

I also can't quite see how she could inflict that kind of wound while facing him. The ME said it was one clean slice. I would think the only way she could accomplish that would be if he was on his hands and knees, and she did it from behind, while she was standing over him. :moo:

Rule 20 is the DT saying that there was no evidence provided in the trial to convict her of the aggravating circumstances or of anything else (I think) The DT wanted the DP off the table. Judge said 'no'.

Either way it is B S.

Dear Mods, I sincerely apologize for for some of my posts the last couple of weeks. Thank you for all that you do here.

I want justice for Travis and the Alexander Family and it has been challenging to hold my tongue and it has been unfair of me to waste your (Mods) time with having to watch my posts. I sincerely apologize.

I am sure you are forgiven. Your posts just reflect how a lot of us feel. We all have trial fatigue. This has been very emotional for a lot of us. The fact that you are so passionate is just indicative of caring, wanting to somehow right a horrible wrong.

I have to be honest I can't wait for this to be over. I can't sleep at night. All I do is think of the trial, Travis and his family. Then when I actually fall asleep I'm having nightmares of being murdered. I wake up after only a couple of hours of sleep, if that. My heart is so, so, sad. I wish there was a way to relieve the pain for Travis' family and know that there is no way I can do that, now or ever.

I realize that all we can do is pray at this point. Pray that THIS jury does the right thing for Travis. I have NO IDEA how I will deal with it if they don't. I truly will LOSE ALL FAITH in justice. It will be a sad day for sure for all of us here at WS.

I am joining the family in prayer and fasting. From our hearts to God's ears.

Thanks to all of you that know and understand EXACTLY how I am feeling. So very very sad.

Rule 20 is the DT saying that there was no evidence provided in the trial to convict her of the aggravating circumstances or of anything else (I think) The DT wanted the DP off the table. Judge said 'no'.

really? what have they been doing during trial? how can they not see it? jeezo

Wilmott remembers the upward slant on that vena cava wound like I do. I remember hearing her (?) ask if an upward slant would be appropriate if the assailant were shorter than the victim, and he answered "yes."

An upward slant creates a dilemma because Travis would have to be standing when stabbed-- same thing for a stab straight into the heart. Arias had to have space to swing, which she would have had if the knife were in her left hand and Travis was standing.

The other shallower chest wounds suggest she was trying to hit a vital organ and didn't succeed with any but the one to the vena cava. Then she might have quit. I can't even imagine the pain.

DIdn't the ME suggest that it may have been as long as four minutes for the heart wound to cause death? That means he could have been stabbed in the heart before the shower, thought she left, and then she's back and brings out the knife again. And he knows his life is in danger.

BBM
I have always pictured Travis sitting (as in last photo of the lower half of his body) in the shower and JA crouching outside (as she claims) - she offers to "show" him the photos and as he is focused on her right hand that is holding the camera she has the knife in her left hand and stabs with an underhanded/ back handed motion ( picture her gripping the knife with her left hand, thumb up towards ceiling and knife blade pointed to the floor, then twists her hand clockwise and across the front of her body so that her thumb twists towards the floor and the knife blade twists until it is pointed slightly upward to the ceiling; then she jabs the knife sharply and full force into his right lower chest). This would easily produce the knife wound that the ME described. MOO.

This was JA's language.

She journaled with pride that she was "dirtier" than Travis.

Yes, that little bit of truth that she weaves into her lies. I'm thinking she probably said "f'ing kill you, you *advertiser censored*" as he was fighting for his life.

BBM1~ You'd be surprised what humans are capable of when fighting for their life.

BBM2~ Travis was probably holding his cheest at this point... blood squirting out of his vena cava. Remember, this was less 2 minutes.

How would he get down the hallway after that though? And how do you explain the blood spray on the sink? A wound like that would be gushing blood immediately. The huge pool of blood at the end of the hallway lines up more with that kind of injury than what was found in the bathroom IMO.

I also can't quite see how she could inflict that kind of wound while facing him. The ME said it was one clean slice. I would think the only way she could accomplish that would be if he was on his hands and knees, and she did it from behind, while she was standing over him. :moo:

really? what have they been doing during trial? how can they not see it? jeezo

It is often claimed by DTs at this point in a trial, that the state hasn't proven their case. It just gets it on record. The DT is crossing their t's and dotting their i's. Don't think even they thought for a New York minute that the judge was gonna say 'Hey, you guys are right. Let's all go home'. :floorlaugh:

Either way it is B S.

What she said.

You guys are so fast, i cant keep up!!!

Can't wait till next week.............HOPE it is a FAST Verdict!!

Eye for an Eye......Please!!

budo.gif

Although justice will be served if she gets the DP, she won't suffer the way he did. IMO the needle is way too humane for her compared to the brutality of the crime she committed.

Eta: being the newbie that I am, I have a silly question: what the heck is BBM???

I think it's crass that Ebay allows the work of an admitted killer to be hawked on their site.

I am going to complain to them through their "contact us" feature.....I don't care for this one bit.

Wait -- Is it possible they have to wait for a conviction because of the presumption of innocence? Not trying to be snarky, it just occurred to me that Son of Sam -style barring of profit from murder would not kick in until a guilty verdict was rendered.

Discussing "harvesting" organs is grotesque and contrary to every ethical standard of humane treatment I can think of.
It's simply the correct medical terminology. I suppose to those who have never worked in the medical field or known someone who has experienced the miracle of life afforded by transplant---or donated a loved one's organs--it may sound cold. But it's really not intended to be grotesque; it's simply the terminology used in the field of organ transplantation----a field that delivers miracles to those who would otherwise surely die, while helping others derive meaning and a measure of comfort from the loss of a loved one. (Truly, once you become a participant, in any way, it becomes a rather beautiful word.)

ETA: You're quite right that concerns about coercion are a HUGE barrier to organ donation---in every arena, but much more so in the incarcerated population. In the link I posted earlier (http://tinyurl.com/d25rvdk), a prisoner addresses this. There are MANY prisoners who, in civilian life, were on bone marrow registries and would like the opportunity to donate. The ethical implications can be addressed fairly simply---by not coercing anyone to be a donor. Much like everyone in my state is asked, when getting a driver's license, if s/he would like to be a donor---no coercion, but some public education---prisoners can be afforded the same RIGHT. They should be able to make the decision, if they so choose. It is a way to confer dignity and offer meaning to an often-disenfranchised population experiencing helplessness and hopelessness.

I was once a gunshot first theorist, but have since been reformed.

At the end of the day, I just don't care what order it was done. She premeditated, she killed him and he suffered needlessly, and she should get the DP.

I don't care. I see not ONE problem with any of the 'violence' that Travis exhibited towards her. Dealing with her kind of crazy must have been exhausting for him, and if those are his limits, than he was a better person than I'll ever be.

I don't care how small her cell is, I hope it gets smaller.

I hope she's spending the time between now and Wednesday, quaking in her cell.

I'm glad JM has proven to the Jury that she lied to them, too. I hope it ticks them off.

I hope that there's a way to prevent her from cashing in on murdering Travis, whether it be through a book or selling her 'fartwork' because of her high profile status.

I hope that she never has a dime in her prison account, and any money that is sent to her is routed to the Alexander family. If I were them, is spend it all on pedicures so they can walk on her.

You guys are so fast, i cant keep up!!!

Although justice will be served if she gets the DP, she won't suffer the way he did. IMO the needle is way too humane for her compared to the brutality of the crime she committed.

Eta: being the newbie that I am, I have a silly question: what the heck is BBM???

Bolded by me

Rewatching the adorable Walmart witness. Jeebus H Keerist on a stick. Jodi Ann's throwing white hot flames outta her eyes at this poor girl. Skeery!

It's simply the correct medical terminology. I suppose to those who have never worked in the medical field or known someone who has experienced the miracle of life afforded by transplant---or donated a loved one's organs--it may sound cold. But it's really not intended to be grotesque; it's simply the terminology used in the field of organ transplantation----a field that delivers miracles to those who would otherwise surely die, while helping others derive meaning and a measure of comfort from the loss of a loved one. (Truly, once you become a participant, in any way, it becomes a rather beautiful word.)

I agree with all the above. I still find it distasteful to comment on how wonderful it would be if the state had the right to harvest organs from those sentenced to death.

Yes, and was he was crawling down the hallway, he probably said he could not feel his legs, that's when Jodi started to kick them. :(

I think she started stabbing him in the back at the sink as he was coughing up blood, I think some of his hand wounds occurred at the sink .. he put his hands behind him to protect his neck and back of his head .. and he pulled himself away and crawled down the hallway which is why the stab wounds go in at different angles, then she pulled his head back as he reached the end of the hall and inflicted the neck wound, dragged him back to the bathroom, shot him, and pulled him into the shower.

I also think at some stage she kicked him in the legs, perhaps that came first, there are bruises on the bottom of his legs and we know she was a kicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea