State rests rebuttal case- thread #163

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to be honest I can't wait for this to be over. I can't sleep at night. All I do is think of the trial, Travis and his family. Then when I actually fall asleep I'm having nightmares of being murdered. I wake up after only a couple of hours of sleep, if that. My heart is so, so, sad. I wish there was a way to relieve the pain for Travis' family and know that there is no way I can do that, now or ever.

I realize that all we can do is pray at this point. Pray that THIS jury does the right thing for Travis. I have NO IDEA how I will deal with it if they don't. I truly will LOSE ALL FAITH in justice. It will be a sad day for sure for all of us here at WS.

I am joining the family in prayer and fasting. From our hearts to God's ears.

Thanks to all of you that know and understand EXACTLY how I am feeling. So very very sad.

I know..am up till 4 or 5 in the a m trying, praying, crying.

Trying to send positive thoughts to Travis Family and Friends.

Praying for Justice, Travis, the jury, their families and of course Mr Martinez and all of us hurting because of our past experiences.

Crying because a great man was killed due to a maniac's need for whatever. A loss of life children and grand children that Travis would have had. Crying because of the pain that many of us have experienced due to those crazy evil demonic entities that coexist on our planet.

I pray that we all find peace with the verdict.

Wouldn't it be nice if they could harvest her organs before putting her to death? Giving someone who is good and kind a much needed extension of life? Those organs could do a lot of good.

Noooo, the horror,the horror! Reminds me of those B thriller movies where some guy gets a killer's hand grafted on and proceeds to wreak murderous havoc. People have also reported cellular memories. One person who received a heart, had a craving for beer and some particular food, when in the past, they never drank, etc. but the donor did.

I think it's better to have the Winchester brothers from Supernatural come for the body, say an incantation and burn her bones.

I have to be honest I can't wait for this to be over. I can't sleep at night. All I do is think of the trial, Travis and his family. Then when I actually fall asleep I'm having nightmares of being murdered. I wake up after only a couple of hours of sleep, if that. My heart is so, so, sad. I wish there was a way to relieve the pain for Travis' family and know that there is no way I can do that, now or ever.

I realize that all we can do is pray at this point. Pray that THIS jury does the right thing for Travis. I have NO IDEA how I will deal with it if they don't. I truly will LOSE ALL FAITH in justice. It will be a sad day for sure for all of us here at WS.

I am joining the family in prayer and fasting. From our hearts to God's ears.

Thanks to all of you that know and understand EXACTLY how I am feeling. So very very sad.

I understand. I think my DH is about to throw his hands in the air and give up on me. So I've been trying to turn away when it's non-trial days, and spend some time with the family that means everything to me. We have no control over what will be here. Even if the verdict defies all logic, it will not be the end of our lives unless we allow that to happen.

Look after yourself, and hold those that are dear to you close to your heart. I believe that there will be a just verdict at the end of all of this. The prosecution has done all that they can, and it will soon be in the hands of 12 people who will decide her fate. I think God is on the side of Travis' family, so any way we look at it she will pay.

Big hugs going out to you! :hug:

Yes, and was he was crawling down the hallway, he probably said he could not feel his legs, that's when Jodi started to kick them. :(

Or she kicked his legs to knock his feet out from under him when he was standing at the sink? :(

It's simply the correct medical terminology. I suppose to those who have never worked in the medical field or known someone who has experienced the miracle of life afforded by transplant---or donated a loved one's organs--it may sound cold. But it's really not intended to be grotesque; it's simply the terminology used in the field of organ transplantation----a field that delivers miracles to those who would otherwise surely die, while helping others derive meaning and a measure of comfort from the loss of a loved one. (Truly, once you become a participant, in any way, it becomes a rather beautiful word.)

Thank you for explaining that to everyone. It never dawned on me that others may not know what harvesting organs meant. In the early 1980's, the university hospitals started their transplant procedures and teams. It is truly a gift one can give that does so much good.

Here's another tribute video to Travis. The soundtrack is Amazing Grace. There's some lovely photos of Travis in this that I'd not seen before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPfG728ymxc

Thanks so much for sharing that. I had just done my make-up like 30 minutes ago, and, um , I resemble a raccoon @ this time. No worries, what was done, can be redone. I had never seen all the ones of him as a young child. So sad, such an amazing person.... taken away far too soon.

I agree with all the above. I still find it distasteful to comment on how wonderful it would be if the state had the right to harvest organs from those sentenced to death.

That was not the comment or dialogue

BBM1~ You'd be surprised what humans are capable of when fighting for their life.

BBM2~ Travis was probably holding his cheest at this point... blood squirting out of his vena cava. Remember, this was less 2 minutes.

Thanks ElleElle. I meant that if his throat was slit in the shower he would not have been able to make it down the hall to the bedroom. She darn near decapitated him, and I just can't see how he could move around after that.

Agreed, with the heart stab he would have been able to still move and try to defend himself.

Those are probably the most bitter words I'll ever eat. That's what Jodi said when asked by Nurmi about saying" no jury will ever convict me." So, is she saying she'd gonna be convicted?

Wilmott remembers the upward slant on that vena cava wound like I do. I remember hearing her (?) ask if an upward slant would be appropriate if the assailant were shorter than the victim, and he answered "yes."

An upward slant creates a dilemma because Travis would have to be standing when stabbed-- same thing for a stab straight into the heart. Arias had to have space to swing, which she would have had if the knife were in her left hand and Travis was standing.

The other shallower chest wounds suggest she was trying to hit a vital organ and didn't succeed with any but the one to the vena cava. Then she might have quit. I can't even imagine the pain.

DIdn't the ME suggest that it may have been as long as four minutes for the heart wound to cause death? That means he could have been stabbed in the heart before the shower, thought she left, and then she's back and brings out the knife again. And he knows his life is in danger.

Yes he did. But imo opinion the shower, or just as he stepped out of the shower and especially when he was drying off was the best time to kill him. I do believe she wanted to contain the murder scene, and thought the first stab wound would be the kill and she could push him back into the shower. However, because of the time allowed by the vena cava wound, he would have the opportunity to move forward, explaining the other frontal stab wounds and self defense wounds, then the back and head stab wounds as he made his way to the sink and then down the hall.

No, after the first stab to the heart, he went to to the sink.

She started to viciously stab him in the back, neck, head etc...

He may have slumped down while standing in front of the sink from blood loss at a fast rate.

She continued to stab while he was down and he is now on his and hands and knees trying to crawl away.

He made it to the end of the hallway where the bedroom meets up (carpet), that's when she pulls his head back and slits his throat.

She turns his body 360 degrees, puts her hand on the wall (bloody palm print), and drags him back on the bamboo bath,at back to the shower, then shoots in the right temple.

My theory today. :)
Or she kicked his legs to knock his feet out from under him when he was standing at the sink? :(

I am going to complain to them through their "contact us" feature.....I don't care for this one bit.

Wait -- Is it possible they have to wait for a conviction because of the presumption of innocence? Not trying to be snarky, it just occurred to me that Son of Sam -style barring of profit from murder would not kick in until a guilty verdict was rendered.

She is guilty of murdering and taking another life: she admitted it Anagrammy. And if she was not infamous, that wouldn't be listed there @ those prices, it is because of what she did that it is.

Noooo, the horror,the horror! Reminds me of those B thriller movies where some guy gets a killer's hand grafted on and proceeds to wreak murderous havoc. People have also reported cellular memories. One person who received a heart, had a craving for beer and some particular food, when in the past, they never drank, etc. but the donor did.

I think it's better to have the Winchester brothers from Supernatural come for the body, say an incantation and burn her bones.
Thanks is not enough!!! :seeya:

Those are probably the most bitter words I'll ever eat. That's what Jodi said when asked by Nurmi about saying" no jury will ever convict me." So, is she saying she'd gonna be convicted?

I'm watching NG right now, also. When I see her, I have an urge to punch her in the throat!

Out of curiosity ...

For comparison, since it is now being reported that JA's defense costs are reaching 1.7M thus far, anyone know off hand how much CA's defense costs ran? Or is that public info? TIA

According to the Orlando Sentinel:

Casey Anthony: Prosecutors bill $141K for Casey Anthony case

July 28, 2011|By Amy Pavuk, Orlando Sentinel

The State Attorney's Office said it cost $141,362 to prosecute the Casey Anthony case.

Prosecutors filed 281 pages of documents Thursday that detail case expenses ranging from experts' work, to airfare and hotel stays for witnesses, to transcription services.

On TV the other day, they stated $700,000. Whichever figure it actually is, it was quite costly.

Casey Anthony: Prosecutors bill $141K for Casey Anthony case

July 28, 2011|By Amy Pavuk, Orlando Sentinel

The State Attorney's Office said it cost $141,362 to prosecute the Casey Anthony case.

Prosecutors filed 281 pages of documents Thursday that detail case expenses ranging from experts' work, to airfare and hotel stays for witnesses, to transcription services.

Ads by Google

No, after the first stab to the heart, he went to to the sink.

She started to viciously stab him in the back, neck, head etc...

He may have slumped down while standing in front of the sink from blood loss at a fast rate.

She continued to stab while he was down and he is now on his and hands and knees trying to crawl away.

He made it to the end of the hallway where the bedroom meets up (carpet), that's when she pulls his head back and slits his throat.

She turns his body 360 degrees, puts her hand on the wall (bloody palm print), and drags him back on the bamboo bath,at back to the shower, then shoots in the right temple.

My theory today. :)

I agree with your theory except he was shot in the forehead---not the temple.

Completely off topic but just needed to post this.
Hug your loved ones and tell them you love them.

I live on a corner of a quiet street in a little town. The speed limit is 25mph throughout village limits.
My house is at the bottom of a pretty steep street, kids fly down it daily on their bikes,skateboards and rollerblades. Today at about 4pm three 13-14 yr old girls were doing just that on rollerblades, ONE WASN'T ABLE TO STOP and was hit by a schoolteacher on her way home from work. I just got word from a neighbor that this little girl has died.

I can't get the sight of that girl laying on the pavement out of my head.

It can all be taken away so quickly.
sorry just had to get that out.
AGAIN KISS AND HUG ALL YOUR LOVED ONES ASAP, WE NEVER KNOW WHEN IT MAY BE THE LAST TIME.

:seeya: The throat slit occured at the end of the hallway. Pretty much when he was closer to the exit.

arias_trial_pa32_ssh.jpg

Thanks ElleElle. I meant that if his throat was slit in the shower he would not have been able to make it down the hall to the bedroom. She darn near decapitated him, and I just can't see how he could move around after that.

Agreed, with the heart stab he would have been able to still move and try to defend himself.

Hola everyone!

I have a quick question...and I am sure it's been answered already but I started watching this case on JA's first day on the stand (heard it talked about on the radio by Elvis Duran and the Morning Show that morning). Why is it that there is no full audio or full video of Juan's opening statement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member