GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
just saw this on my twitter feed (thanks Tricia). Like others, SO many questions. We've seen so many kidnappings, but it's unusual to find a stabbing of a young victim in their own home (ie, did she scream, where are the parents?, was there forced entry?).

I'm thinking about Danielle Van Dam, Polly Klaas, Elizabeth Smart, and more recently the 10-year-old girl who was found alive after she was abducted by two men from the bedroom of her Northridge, California home. And of course we can't forget Shasta Groene, who was also taken from her home. And, Jessica Lunsford. I can spill these names off the top of my head. There's a much greater risk to leave behind DNA in the home, vs. taking the child and doing the dasterdly deed somewhere else.

The only stranger killings I can remember is the Michael Crowe case. Where the 12 year old brother confessed to appease officers, but the real killer was Richard Tuite. And the infamous John Benet Ramsey case.

We're either dealing with a real crazy psycho who lets a 12 year old witness remain alive, or someone within the home. That's what my hinky meter is telling me. I'm merely speculating that these are the two options most will look at.

My prayers are with the family, and I hope whomever did this is found in short order.

MOO

Mel

if you go to that news station's website there is an article about a peeping tom who posted his 'findings' online and there were tons of hits-how sick is THAT?

if you go to that news station's website there is an article about a peeping tom who posted his 'findings' online and there were tons of hits-how sick is THAT?

Ohhhh Jeez....

It is sick enough that there are individuals like this.... But that they have a following... And probably active participants online.... Is horrible...

:(

I saw that! I'm in Southern California, Calaveras County is up north. It's quite a small division (about 46K people). Not like Los Angeles, or San Diego.

Area: 1,037 sq miles (2,686 km²)
Founded: 1850
County seat: San Andreas
Population: 45,052 (2011)
Unemployment rate: 12.0% (Dec 2012)

If you look at the map, there are not many major freeways to enter/exit from. This could be a sign that the perp is a local. The 5 and the 99 would be the biggest freeways to take you to Sacramento. I didn't look, but is there an address of the crime?

Thanks,

Mel

calavaras.jpg

just saw this on my twitter feed (thanks Tricia). Like others, SO many questions. We've seen so many kidnappings, but it's unusual to find a stabbing of a young victim in their own home (ie, did she scream, where are the parents?, was there forced entry?).

I'm thinking about Danielle Van Dam, Polly Klaas, Elizabeth Smart, and more recently the 10-year-old girl who was found alive after she was abducted by two men from the bedroom of her Northridge, California home. And of course we can't forget Shasta Groene, who was also taken from her home. And, Jessica Lunsford. I can spill these names off the top of my head. There's a much greater risk to leave behind DNA in the home, vs. taking the child and doing the dasterdly deed somewhere else.

The only stranger killings I can remember is the Michael Crowe case. Where the 12 year old brother confessed to appease officers, but the real killer was Richard Tuite. And the infamous John Benet Ramsey case.

We're either dealing with a real crazy psycho who lets a 12 year old witness remain alive, or someone within the home. That's what my hinky meter is telling me. I'm merely speculating that these are the two options most will look at.

My prayers are with the family, and I hope whomever did this is found in short order.

MOO

Mel

The 12 year old little boy may have seen the intruder, without the intruder having seen the little boy.

There's a case where a 10 year old little boy, Joel Harper, was stabbed to death in his home during the night, and his poor mom, Julie Rea Harper, was convicted and imprisoned for it. Years later they proved it was a stranger, a man, Tommy Lynn Sells. He was a serial killer. It's a fascinating story of how they found the real killer. It was all thanks to true crime writer Diane Fanning. She was interviewing him, and he confessed. She gave the information to police. Julia was exonerated and freed from prison.

I saw that! I'm in Southern California, Calaveras County is up north. It's quite a small division (about 46K people). Not like Los Angeles, or San Diego.

Area: 1,037 sq miles (2,686 km²)
Founded: 1850
County seat: San Andreas
Population: 45,052 (2011)
Unemployment rate: 12.0% (Dec 2012)

If you look at the map, there are not many major freeways to enter/exit from. This could be a sign that the perp is a local. The 5 and the 99 would be the biggest freeways to take you to Sacramento. I didn't look, but is there an address of the crime?

Thanks,

Mel

View attachment 32802

Rippon Road
Calaveras County, CA

it may not be in an incorporated area...

The 12 year old little boy may have seen the intruder, without the intruder having seen the little boy.

There's a case where a 10 year old little boy, Joel Harper, was stabbed to death in his home during the night, and his poor mom, Julie Rea Harper, was convicted and imprisoned for it. Years later they proved it was a stranger, a man, Tommy Lynn Sells. He was a serial killer. It's a fascinating story of how they found the real killer. It was all thanks to true crime writer Diane Fanning. She was interviewing him, and he confessed. She gave the information to police. Julia was exonerated and freed from prison.

What a story! :what:

Valley Springs. Still far from major freeways. Not a big place at all. I beg to wonder if someone was watching this home (ie, a Joseph Duncan type). Yosemite National Park isn't that far away.

valley springs.jpg

MOO

Mel

Press Release from Calaveras County Sheriff's Office
Saturday April 27th, 2013 :: 04:11 p.m. PDT

Homicide investigation and search underway in Valley Springs area.
The Calaveras County Sheriff and District Attorney’s Office are currently investigating the homicide of a nine year old child at a residence on Rippon Road in Valley Springs. Multiple law enforcement agencies are currently searching the area for a suspect described as a White or Hispanic male, with longer gray hair, six foot tall, muscular build, last seen wearing a black long sleeved shirt and blue pants. This suspect is considered armed and dangerous. Residents in the area are being advised via Reverse 911 and Nixle mass notification systems to lock their doors and report suspicious activity. If you see someone in the area matching the suspect’s description, report it immediately to the Sheriff’s Office and call 9-1-1.

This is an active investigation with a search of the area and neighborhood canvassing underway. There is no further information at this time and more information will be provided at 8 pm tonight.

Press Release from Calaveras County Sheriff's Office
Saturday April 27th, 2013 :: 02:08 p.m. PDT

Suspect wanted in Valley Springs/Rancho area, consider dangerous, 6' white or hispanic male, black shirt, blue jeans.
The Sheriff's Office is currently looking for a wanted suspect in the Valley Springs/Rancho Calaveras area. Suspect is described as a six foot tall, white or hispanic male, long gray hair, wearing a black shirt and blue jeans, considered armed and dangerous.

The Sheriff's Office is asking residents in the area to shelter in place, lock your doors, and report suspicious activity to the Sheriff's Office. More information will follow when it is available.

Instructions:
If you see someone matching the suspect's description, please call 9-1-1 and report it immediately.

https://local.nixle.com/calaveras-county-sheriffs-office/

Also available on Calaveras County Sheriff website. Scroll to the bottom http://sheriff.co.calaveras.ca.us/

“She was suffering from some severe injuries,” said Cpt. Jim Macedo.

Deputies say the girl’s 12-year-old brother find an intruder inside.

A neighbor told police they saw the same man running from the home. A quarter mile perimeter was set up around the house- and agencies from all over the foothills were called in to help.

“We were doing a house-to-house search and in some cases were searching attics and storages. It’s a difficult area to search. It’s rural, it’s remote,” said Macedo.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...fs-deputies-investigating-9-year-olds-murder/

The Calaveras County Sheriff's Office said that the 911 call about the stabbing came in around noon Saturday from the rural community located about 30 miles north east of Stockton.

A 12-year-old boy had just discovered an intruder in his home on Rippon Road, but the man ran away soon afterward.

While investigating where the man had come from, the boy made a terrifying discovery -- his 9-year-old sister had been stabbed multiple times.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/search-continues-calaveras-county-man-who-killed-9/nXZwX/

we have two threads on this one. Can a mod merge?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01