Revisiting clues: are there any inconsistancies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the chances Shawn quitting his job that day, and Hailey going missing and found dead now, have nothing to do with each other? I want to scream because it is so unbelievable.

I agree, he would not get unemployment for quitting the job. Plus, he wasn't going to tell Billie he quit, at first?
I don't know, but between the two of them the story never made sense.

Shawn quitting his job that day is the most suspicious of facts because that's when Hailey went missing. How can it be just a coincidence? He must have had something terribly important to do that day. His work coveralls being turned in or not adds another strange part to the story. Bllie saying she washed them, and now I read someplace she doesn't know if he really turned them in.

Just quitting his job like that screams that he knew something could be coming down on him and his life might not be the same. Why not just call in sick instead? I also recall the next day in the morning there was some unaccounted time before they finally reported Hailey missing.

Don't expect me to believe this had nothing to do with Hailey going missing, and now years later being found dead so close to where Shawn was. Somebody has to answer for Hailey's death.

:cow:
I think we're trying to figure this out using logic. Logic goes out the window when one has been up all night and consumed $140. Worth of drugs.

I don't understand why he showed up for work, if he was just going to turn around and leave? Why not just abandon the job, or call in sick, in hopes of keeping the job. Or after arriving, why not play sick and leave? As for him researching unemployment, I don't have a problem with that. He was really young and may not have understood the law, or was maybe looking for a loophole. Also, he may have planned to stick to his lie of getting fired, until the cops got involved, and then decided to come clean? Anyway, was there something at work that he needed to retrieve? because really, that's the only thing that makes sense. IMO, this whole job quitting thing is a tricky situation. On the 1 hand, wow, what a coincidence, but on the other, all he did was bring more attention to himself. Would a guilty person be willing to bring this kind of attention to himself? The actual quitting part, (when there were other options), is what confuses me. moo

IMO, neither Shawn nor Billie could have imagined how big this case would be. All those early actions, and decisions on what the story would be, made sense in their drug addled heads, but would prove not to be so great after LE and Nancy Grace got involved. Their stories and explanations had to be improved, then remembered and repeated. Someone did not do such a great job in that area as time went on.

I think we're trying to figure this out using logic. Logic goes out the window when one has been up all night and consumed $140. Worth of drugs.

Or half of $140 worth.

IMO, neither Shawn nor Billie could have imagined how big this case would be. All those early actions, and decisions on what the story would be, made sense in their drug addled heads, but would prove not to be so great after LE and Nancy Grace got involved. Their stories and explanations had to be improved, then remembered and repeated. Someone did not do such a great job in that area as time went on.
True, but even a drug addled person wouldn't bother showing up for a job, if he was just palnning to walk right back out? Why waste the time? Wasn't it reported that he didn't verbally quit or offer an explanation? just went in and left? Did anybody witness what personal items he retrieved? If it was something big, maybe, but if it was something small, maybe not. Did he have a locker space or were his things just laying around somewhere? Also, who all was home the night before, and what times did they clock in and out of work? I doubt he would be worried about returning a uniform, so IMO, he needed to retrieve something.

about this $140 in drugs...just curious, what kinds of jobs did they have that didn't drug test? or did they? because if he did do drugs the night before, and there was a scheduled test that day, it would explain him walking away. Probably not, but around here, (east Texas), most of the testing is not random.

True, but even a drug addled person wouldn't bother showing up for a job, if he was just palnning to walk right back out? Why waste the time? Wasn't it reported that he didn't verbally quit or offer an explanation? just went in and left? Did anybody witness what personal items he retrieved? If it was something big, maybe, but if it was something small, maybe not. Did he have a locker space or were his things just laying around somewhere? Also, who all was home the night before, and what times did they clock in and out of work? I doubt he would be worried about returning a uniform, so IMO, he needed to retrieve something.

Hello dodie20. Yes Shawn did have a locker at work but as far as I know he didn't take anything from it before he walked off the job without uttering a word to anyone.

I think Shawn said he went to work to drop off his overalls which Billie washed for him the night before but I could be mistaken.

Shawn said he had been thinking of quitting his job for awhile and Billie didn't approve so he didn't tell her when he finally did.

MOO

Does his Grandma live in Scurry Co? I think she lived in Dunn.

eta; YUP, Grandma lives in Scurry. Didn't Shawn say he went to his grandma's right after quitting his job, but no one was home?
interesting...so he tested positive on Scurry county, that's where his gm lived, and according to reports, he went to his gm's that day. And this county is where Haleigh's remains were found...just like he tested positive on. Do I have this right?

You're right its not logical to get up hours before dawn just to walk in Drink a Dr. Pepper andthen walk out....

Heck he could have showed up at work the next day and blamed it on a bad stomach bug.

Really how did the employer ever think he "quit"....I'd think he was just missing and maybe something happened and had to leave...

but not sure I as a employer whose "good" employee was " in" on time and left suddenly considered it quiting unless he notiified them or something.

When did SA tell Billy Hailey was spending the night at a friends home?
Ive read he told her over the phone after she left
Then I ve read when they got home?
Does anyone know when this conversation took place???

When did SA tell Billy Hailey was spending the night at a friends home?
Ive read he told her over the phone after she left
Then I ve read when they got home?
Does anyone know when this conversation took place???

You have read both things because they told two versions of the story.

I have followed the case very closely since Day One. Back at the start of the case, Billie said she first found out that Hailey was having a sleepover when she walked in the door after work, and then SA said, hey, by the way, Hailey went to sleep over at MB's house. And Billie told us that she was mad because Hailey knew she was not supposed to go out without permission that day.

She got some flack for that scenario, with people asking WHY she never checked in with her, and why she never planned dinner or anything, if she thought Hailey was sitting home alone waiting for her. Especially considering that she and her boyfriend went to the ATM and took every last cent for drugs that night.

Suddenly there was a new version floated, where Shawn apparently called Billie at work after Hailey left, and told her about the sleepover. So that makes me wonder why she did not call MB's or call her son or Clint and have them go tell Hailey to come back home.

Anyway, that is another inconsistency, imo. The way that she found out that her daughter went to a sleepover has been told and retold in various scenarios.

Do we know about SA's cell pings the night before? The remains could have been dumped before SA went to work the next day. After he got the money did he buy a shovel or something?

Do we know about SA's cell pings the night before? The remains could have been dumped before SA went to work the next day. After he got the money did he buy a shovel or something?

Good question, Jacie!

I don't remember anything being released about SA's cell phone pings on Sunday December 26 (if that's the day you're referring to).

I only remember reading about his cell phone pings regarding Monday December 27.

One would think that LE had requested info regarding cell phone pings for Sunday, but who knows? The SW affidavits that were released only mentioned pings from Monday, December 27.

Please, God, don't let the same thing happen here that happened in poor Caylee's case.

You have read both things because they told two versions of the story.

I have followed the case very closely since Day One. Back at the start of the case, Billie said she first found out that Hailey was having a sleepover when she walked in the door after work, and then SA said, hey, by the way, Hailey went to sleep over at MB's house. And Billie told us that she was mad because Hailey knew she was not supposed to go out without permission that day.

She got some flack for that scenario, with people asking WHY she never checked in with her, and why she never planned dinner or anything, if she thought Hailey was sitting home alone waiting for her. Especially considering that she and her boyfriend went to the ATM and took every last cent for drugs that night.

Suddenly there was a new version floated, where Shawn apparently called Billie at work after Hailey left, and told her about the sleepover. So that makes me wonder why she did not call MB's or call her son or Clint and have them go tell Hailey to come back home.

Anyway, that is another inconsistency, imo. The way that she found out that her daughter went to a sleepover has been told and retold in various scenarios.

I remember how outraged we all were when the timeline changed regarding when BD claimed she was told about the alleged sleepover.

I also remember how aggravated LE were that what should have been simple facts, were changing.

"The family has not been forthcoming," said Senior DPS Trooper Sparky Dean. "Their discernment of the truth continues to change. It's very frustrating."

"At this point, we aren't positive if she went missing (on that) Sunday, Monday, or even Tuesday," Dean said during a news conference on Jan. 9.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329706

You're right its not logical to get up hours before dawn just to walk in Drink a Dr. Pepper andthen walk out....

Heck he could have showed up at work the next day and blamed it on a bad stomach bug.

Really how did the employer ever think he "quit"....I'd think he was just missing and maybe something happened and had to leave...

but not sure I as a employer whose "good" employee was " in" on time and left suddenly considered it quiting unless he notiified them or something.

After seeing so many sides to this "person of interest," KTAB's Victor Sotelo hit the streets in Scurry and Mitchell Counties to try and find out who Adkins really is.

Sotelo began his day at the home in Dunn where Adkins is staying with a relative. A truck believed to be Adkins' vehicle was parked in the driveway. Sotelo knocked on the door and asked to speak with Adkins. The person who answered the door said Shawn was not interested in making a statement.

Sotelo then traveled to Adkins' last place of employment: WSI in Snyder. Employees Sotelo spoke with were told not to make a comment. Later in the afternoon, the company did send KTAB News the following statement:
Weaver Services, Inc.(WSI) and Weaver Construction have been fully cooperating with law enforcements authorities in connection with the investigation of Hailey Dunn's disappearance. But because we do not want to compromise the investigation in any way, we will not have any further comment for the press or media until the investigation is complete other than to emphasize that our thoughts and concerns are with Hailey during this very difficult time and we continue to hope for a positive outcome.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331686

LE lies about SA and his inconsistencies about his timeline and travels that day. Billie lies to LE about him being fired based on his lie to her. The uncle lies about him and the baby deer conversation.

So many people from so many directions appear so intent on placing SA in the suspect role that they would lie about it. :innocent:

I have never been much of a conspiracy theorist.

Those "inconsistencies" were taken from the affidavit, we don't know what any of those people really said. The affidavit is what the affiant has paraphrased as best they can recall, essentially it is hearsay. It is not first hand and may not be correct. The only correct statement/version are those made directly by the people involved, and as far as SA is concerned that has not changed.

There are significant reasons to believe that the affidavits may not be accurate, since they do not provide any specifics about what SA said, only what they understood him to have said. For example, when they talk about SA's trip from work to his mother's house, they provide no details except that that was where he went eventually. It implies that they didn't ask specific details about the trip, such as which route and how long it took, stuff like that. You would have expected a diligent investigator to ask questions like that, but they apparently did not, at least they have given no indication that they have. If they did, they would have included that as direct solid evidence that he was being untruthful in the affidavit if he said he took route X, but phone records put him on route Y. But there is nothing like that, and all through the affidavit, the supposed lies are in a similar vein: no detail about what SA claimed. Instead it was inference by LE compared against evidence from other sources, and from that basis LE concluded that he was lieing.

As an exercise in logical argument, this is very troubling.

I have been pointing this out from when the affidavits were first released. Much later SA has been interviewed, and his version is they didn't ask these specifics. His timeline is reasonable and is in agreement with what we know from phone call routing records pinging back to various towers. So, I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt about that.

Now, what did he say in the actual interviews? Hopefully LE recorded those, and if so, it will be very clear if SA changed his story or not. But for now, in the absence of those recordings, and the clear lapses in the affidavit, there is no way anyone can say the story has changed, because we only have one version.

thank you Tugela. Do you happen to have a link to LE clearing that up? Not doubting your word, but I am a big one for hearing such from the horse's mouth as it were. Please and thank you. Meanwhile I will attempt to verify that myself with searching for a link.

There are a bunch of them, mostly it is the same story that is has passed around local media around the anniversary of HD's disappearance. Here is one.

The relevant quote is:

Alexander, the Colorado City detective, said the case had generated all sorts of stories and rumors — "white noise," she called it, that had to be sorted through to get at the truth.
Images depicting bestiality and other deviant sexual acts may be disgusting, she said, but as long as they're not being done in public, they're not illegal. No child *advertiser censored* was seized in Colorado City, she said.

In one of the more recent threads after HD was found, I linked another report where Toombs was quoted as saying the same thing. I am not going to dig around and relink the same stuff for the umpteenth time, if you are interested you can browse those threads for it.

This is kind of frustrating, because this CP thing keeps coming up even though we now know the initial reports were false.

That is for BD's phone (the one HD was using), not SA's phone.

A search warrant for phone records revealed Adkins wasn't where he told authorities he was on the day Hailey Dunn last was seen.

When you find it Tugela, please provide a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea