Closing arguments- thread #173

Status
Not open for further replies.
More from MM

8537261085_9e3490459c_z.jpg

Bull....bet Jodi herself wrote it.

And what was she doing hanging with an ex-boy friend when she was with Travis?

She even managed to get in the cat scratches and not killing bugs...Just like she told Det. Flores....she wrote it.

Okay...another defense attorney just gave his :twocents:

According to him, it cannot be premeditated because nobody would steal a gun, then drive 1000 miles to kill someone with a knife.

I must be dumber four months into this mess, because I honestly don't understand this. Anyone willing to help decode? TIA.

Aside from the other comments, there always has to be someone on those shows to take the defense side...

How does anyone know Nurmi is doing the DT closing? And if he is, why was JW doing all the writing today?

I'm sorry, but I always laugh at that text where MM says 'Jodi wouldn't squish a bug .. I caught her on many occasions fishing bugs out of the tub'

What the FORK? Like seriously dude. Seriously.

Perhaps that was just professional courtesy for her fellow creepy, predatory creatures?

Unless he has proof the exact same gas can was returned at the other Salinas Walmart I think the jury will disregard it. He can IMPLY it was returned at the other Walmart, but JA said it was the SAME Walmart. Frankly, even if he proved the other Walmart just so happen to have a return of the same can on the same day, I wouldn't believe it was Jodi. Because of: the gas station receipts and JA's insistence on the stand that it was the same Walmart.

Not only that, but let's not forget that we had the gas station employee testify that she filled up enough for 3 cans in Utah.

Hmmm.......is that what had TA all angry with her in that last text??

I think it could be. It had to be something really bad for TA to have been that mad. And I think it was something immoral for him to feel she had betrayed him. jmo

Well I watched 3/4 of JM's closing and have hope. He really pulled at the heart stings. I'm gonna skip Nurmi tomorrow in favor of doing laundry. Yes, you read that right. I'd prefer to do laundry over listening to Nurmi or Wilcott. :scared:

Such a mind blowing idiotic statement for that defense attorney to make! The blond defense attorney (Holly?) on HLN has said the same thing in the past. I shake my head every time. It's such a dumb statement - it's insulting that she even thinks anybody would be stupid enough to buy it.

I am not a big Holly fan, but she was on Tricias show one evening and she even said that they always get someone to take the opposite view on those shows...how boring if they all agreed...no reason to scream and shreik over each other :floorlaugh:

I think Juan was trying to demonstrate Jodi's manipulative, lying ways.

Why did JM bring up the phone sex? Lots of people "fake" during phone sex. I missed his point on that one.

Unless he has proof the exact same gas can was returned at the other Salinas Walmart I think the jury will disregard it. He can IMPLY it was returned at the other Walmart, but JA said it was the SAME Walmart. Frankly, even if he proved the other Walmart just so happen to have a return of the same can on the same day, I wouldn't believe it was Jodi. Because of: the gas station receipts and JA's insistence on the stand that it was the same Walmart.

wait, i thought closing arguments means all the evidence has been presented, if the DT wanted to refute it, that time has passed. remember at this point, closing arguments may not contain any new information and may only use evidence introduced at trial. Correct me if i am wrong, but, they shouldn't be allowed any pedophelia talk as there was no evidence presented to prove this, only Jodi and her team's unsubstantiated claims and in the opening statements, i hope this is the case.

A few things I thought were important in the closing today:

Juan did a great job showing lie after lie after lie.

He pointed out "She lied to YOU. She is trying to manipulate YOU."

He went over how she refuses to accept blame for ANYTHING.

He reminded them (although I doubt the forgot) about the 25 cal. being "stolen" from Grandpa a week before killing.

He said IF you believe it was TA's that means that is another crime because she admits removing it from the home. (LOL that lie really bit her in the butt)

He walked them through the whole premeditation timeline.

He pointed out that Mormon beliefs are not on trial, she is Mormon also and Travis was a young, unmarried NORMAL man.

So many more, but loved the close.

:floorlaugh:
I disagree. Can you think of any grounds upon which the DT can now appeal a guilty verdict?

BBM

JSS may be a junior judge in the criminal court, but there are senior judges in that same court with whom she can consult at will, should she feel it necessary. IMO she has done that in this case on more than one occasion.

We need to be careful dissing someone with little experience in any given field. That's what the DT did to the State's experts and IMO the State's experts ran circles around those bumbling hired gun fools the DT put on the stand as experts. :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh:

I had to work a flight shortly after the afternoon break. Then I just turn my TV on and someone is saying there are 2 walmarts where the gas cans are purchased. I have purchased something at one walmart and returned it to another, and paid with credit and got cash back withing the last 6 months. Is defense gonna go there? Did Juan wrap it up? Gaaaahhh, I am running down to the hotel bar to grab a wine to go, come back and catch up.

Yes, I heard that as well. And based off of Jodi's shaking her head no and Nurmi's objection during Juan's mention of the returning of the gas can I think that's how they are going to try and spin this. They are going to say she returned the gas can at the Walmart on Main Street.

But the jurors are going to wonder, if that were true, then why didn't they present evidence to prove that she returned the gas can???

And in the end they should concede the lie because the gas purchase in Salt Lake proves that she had three gas cans at that time. If the DT is smart they should just concede that she lied. But they won't. Nurmi will get up there and make a bald faced lie to the jurors. Not a wise move, like at all.

My gut feeling about Skye when I saw her on the stand was a strange and mixed one. Something about her didn't sit right with me, but I couldn't put my finger on it. She appears to have loved Travis very much however. I guess there was a time when she trusted and liked Jodi - seems that way from this email anyway. Wow. I don't like that email at all, and I agree - it wasn't her place to get up all in his business like that.

ETA - Did the reporter get these emails from the evidence, or did someone sell them?

They just said AZcentral was able to "obtain" them.

Bull....bet Jodi herself wrote it.

And what was she doing hanging with an ex-boy friend when she was with Travis?

She even managed to get in the cat scratches and not killing bugs...Just like she told Det. Flores....she wrote it.

Right on!

Whoever wrote that said "her hands are a critical" part of her life. Oh really? So critical that when that finger of hers supposedly broke, she didn't get proper medical treatment for it???

I'm with you and call bs on that post.

I don't think he needed an advisor to tell him. I think he knows how to speak and handle himself in each given situation.

Here he's talking directly to the jury and he's telling them the story. In large part he's telling Travis' story, and finally bringing truth into the courtroom.

It was effective and perfect and appropriate at the right time. He's experienced. He knows what he's doing. No advisor needed.

VERY hated, from what I've read. That MOO why Willmott is acting the way she is now.

But yeah, it's not like Juan is incapable of speaking softly. Of course he's not gonna yell and berate the jurors while giving his closing argument. It's common sense.

I believe Juan is just very passionate and stands by his convictions. I thought he was masterful today!! :rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419