Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
home from the hospital and i am wiped,have i missed anything?

I don't believe she would actually do it. She thinks too much of herself. Remember the other supposed attempt? IF it really happened she stopped because it "stung".

That being said. She may threaten it because it will get her the attention she craves so badly.

Agreed. A friend of TA was on HLN a few days ago. She said she told Travis to get away from JA, but he told his friend that Jodi threatened to kill herself if he was out of her life, or something to that extent. She only threatens suicide as a way to manipulate.

When the judge and then Juan were laying it all out for the jury, I felt very confident....I also felt a wave of sadness that no one laid it out for those twelve jurors in that other case that shall not be named.....I remember Cheney Mason had that little chart ....sadly, it worked ... I shall say no more...

As soon as Juan started going through the jury instructions I called my mom (she still can't watch trials after you know who) & said "omg, he's beating them to the Cheney mason punch!" I've thought all along they would try something similar. Really made so much sense when he explained.

The only thing that concerned me is Nurmi introducing "she snapped" without Martinez clarifying this. Nurmi's use of snapped is not the same as the legal definition of crime of passion.

Contrary to what you said, JM DID say that there is no instruction on a verdict of 'snapped'.

Yes didn't she move back to her grandparents?

I believe she was kicked out of a friend's place before she moved to her grandparents. Also, during the police interview with Jodi's mom, she told the detective that Jodi has mental problems and they had to convince her to come back home to be close to the family. Yet, Nurmi is allowed to tell us that she left Messa solely on her own free will to get away from Travis.

She is evil incarnate!!!!!!!!

Everyone has been wondering - why the cup on the shower floor. It was part of the ritual, IMO.

Yesterday, Juan said Jodi Arias 'gutted' Travis Alexander. Also part of the ritual according to this writer:

"The steps she was going to take for her punishment of him had been planned long in advance. This would explain the knife plunge to the heart [to cut the breast open], stab to the gut area [so that the body be cut asunder], and slicing of the throat [when suffering one’s life to be taken]."

BTW, I read somehere that Bryan Carr died a couple of months ago. I wondered why he hasn't been in the courtroom (At least I haven't SEEN him in the courtroom). Can anyone verify this?

BBM

Weren't Jodi Ann Arias and Bobby Juarez into vampirism?

Agreed...the faster the better IMO

I used to be against the DP .. NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE .. bring it on in spades I say, just do it, do it now!!! If I got to do it I'd make it painful too .. sometimes it's so hard to find a vein ..

I'm all for some hard labor for Arias, but I thought the chain gang was for ladies with lesser offenses ?

I don't know how to upload youtube vids, but your post just made me think of Aretha Franlin's song from the John Travolta movie (Michael) .... I loved that scene. Eeeeeaaand ... I LOVE the song.

Maybe we should twitter it to Arias :floorlaugh: "Chain Chain Chain .. Chain of Fools"

Agree she could have done that for sure. Only I believe whatever he was that angry about had to be more than JA lying about an abortion or pregnancy. IMO, it had to be something he knew was true from a source other than JA.

Sorry to just jump in, this is something that drives me crazy. Someone knows what it is that hurt Travis so badly. My thoughts are that is has to do with GS or one of the other "boyfriends" as the reason for the hurt has not been revealed, someone on the defendants side knows and is involved. It was never brought up in court, no one that knows Travis has any idea. None of the "friends" of the defendant were or honest or forthcoming in their testimony, she has something on them and I believe it has to do with what Travis was so upset about. MOOO

ETA, I forgot about MM who has been AWOL, the defendant played him like a fiddle. IMO, he is involved somehow.

I don't know how to upload youtube vids, but your post just made me think of Aretha Franlin's song from the John Travolta movie (Michael) .... I loved that scene. Eeeeeaaand ... I LOVE the song.

Maybe we should twitter it to Arias :floorlaugh: "Chain Chain Chain .. Chain of Fools"

[video=youtube;glz1OfXbc_0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glz1OfXbc_0[/video]

I really believe that after a Guilty verdict of Premed ..that the suicide watch should begin.. Would not suprise me to see her,JA, attempt to take the Final Exit, proclaiming TA, JM, and the "rest who did me wrong" did "cause this" JMO

While JA has a history of suicidal threats and ideation, I just do not see her as the type to act on suicide.

I guess the best way that I can explain this is that it seems to be a mechanism of fantasy that she has used in the past with. Many people fantasize without ever intending to act on them; the mere fantasy provides the needed effect. From the limited amount of info I have seen, her talk of suicide seems very superficial in that it is not connected to a deep despondency, sense of hopelessness, pain or plan of action.

Maybe I say this because I have a history of suicidal ideation with no intent to carry it out. Maybe it's my way of trying to wash away whatever troubles I can't see my way out of and then coming to the realization that those troubles will be there for others, I will no longer be here to enjoy life and those who love me will be in great pain. It's more or less a mental exercise.

I remember discussing suicide once with a family counselor after a prominent community member committed suicide. He was grief stricken after the death of his wife and left behind two young children. The counselor had called suicide a cowardly act and I set her straight, letting her know of the true darkness and despair some people feel before committing suicide, such as my 18 year old bipolar nephew. I then asked her if she thought I ever entertained suicidal thought and she quickly said no. Shows how little the mental health profession understands certain things.

As for JA, as far as I know, suicide watch is a matter of course for those who get the DP, at least in the early days.

I rarely watch HLN. I only like Beth and Nancy Grace ( the old Nancy that is) I just watched a couple of youtube videos about her upbringing and life in general. She has always been a voice for the victims. Very inspiring. I wish she'd go back to having grit AND Grace!

Nancy Grace Fiery Prosecutor - YouTube

Weldon Wayne Carr
Carr, a prominent Atlanta businessman convicted of killing his wife in 1993, learned Monday that the Georgia Supreme Court had ended the state's murder prosecution against him.

When that cellphone went of when Nurmi was speaking it got me thinking...
(dangerous I know!)

I believe FIRMLY that the jury will find JA guilty of Murder 1.
IF a cell phone were to go off right after the pronouncement of guilt, what would you hope the ringtone is?

Here are a few of my ideas to get you started:
Killer Queen
Another One Bites The Dust
Time by Pink Floyd
Tainted Love

or for Travis and family:
Calling All Angels
We are Family

Obviously I don't want anyone in the courtroom to do this... just for fun.

As we wait for the verdict there are 2 things that my sisters and I can't help cracking up over in regards to HLN. The first is the way Vinnie and Ryan pronounce Nurmi as "Kirt And Ermie" and the other is poor Nancy Grace. Sitting in the parking lot on Verdict Watch. Nancy - everyone went HOME, the courthouse lights are OFF. Give it up girl!!!

I agree, Monday will be the day.

I think she would try it if she thought they would rescue her before she died. lol

Midwest Mama..would go something like this....Ouch...ouch...dang the pain...enough blood yet??? ouch ..ouch

I agree :floorlaugh:

It really pizzed me off when she said that! Oh, gee, JA, so sorry it STUNG! I'm sure Travis went through FAR MORE than a freakin' sting you crazy psycho!

I love that movie "Michael". After my brother died (accident), it was one of those movies I could watch and imagine what it might be like after we leave this earth. If Dave is an angel, he would be one like Michael.

On the other hand, he would not be like Beetlejuice!

As we wait for the verdict there are 2 things that my sisters and I can't help cracking up over in regards to HLN. The first is the way Vinnie and Ryan pronounce Nurmi as "Kirt And Ermie" and the other is poor Nancy Grace. Sitting in the parking lot on Verdict Watch. Nancy - everyone went HOME, the courthouse lights are OFF. Give it up girl!!!

I agree, Monday will be the day.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I agree :floorlaugh:

It really pizzed me off when she said that! Oh, gee, JA, so sorry it STUNG! I'm sure Travis went through FAR MORE than a freakin' sting you crazy psycho!

Quoting myself to add: I never believed she even tried anyway. When she tells the "Story" she says she arranged her blankets so the blood wouldn't drip below onto her cellmate. THAT RIGHT THERE shows it is BS. JA never thinks of anyone but herself!:stormingmad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard