Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea except I think maybe also that she insisted because-------

NO JURY WILL EVER CONVICT ME.:seeya:

ITA.

I think that Wilma and Nurm had no choice because of the self defense claim. She had to explain her ridiculous story. It may have have sounded more plausible on paper. It sure sounded crazy and made no sense to me when she told it and acted out the "linebacker" routine and showed her ridiculous finger.

After watching her interact with JM seemed like she was enjoying every minute of it and I think it was in her mind, a battle of the wits and she thought she was victorious. NOT

:fence:

Just sharing some thoughts here... I don't understand why some THs are taking the position that this was EITHER a premeditated killing OR a heat of passion killing, but it can't be both. I believe that in JA's case, it most certainly CAN be BOTH!

IMO, the May 26, 2008 texts from TA in which he finally told her what he really thinks of her (such as "you're a sociopath" and "you're the worst thing that ever happened to me") set the premeditation in motion. On May 28, she staged the "burglary" at her grandparents house, where a 25 caliber pistol "just coincidentally" goes missing, while other guns and other valuables are inexplicably left behind. She already had a big sharp knife that she used in her tire slashing sprees. Does it really matter which weapon she used first, in order for the murder to be premeditated? (And THs who argue that "nobody steals a gun, then uses a knife first" seem to forget that JA is not a reasonable, rational person.)

And who's to say she didn't PLAN to give him one last chance to take her back before deciding to go ahead with the murder? It's clear to me that there's proven premeditation, AND she could have "snapped", becoming violently enraged when he ultimately rejected her.

And as I've previously stated, the argument that "it's too chaotic in nature to have been premeditated" is a bunch of hooey, too. She probably planned to inflict all the injuries in the shower (Hitchcock style), but had to improvise when Travis somehow managed to get out of the shower after the initial injury. She didn't PLAN for it to be so messy, IMO.

IF, by some remote chance, a juror doesn't think she planned the murder ahead of time, there's enough thoughtful intent to kill between the first injury (regardless of whether it was inflicted with a gun or a knife) and the final slitting of his throat. Legally, premeditation can happen in a matter of seconds. I hope & pray the jurors remember that during their deliberations!

And P.S.: The DT did NOT prove she murdered him in self defense. The 9 stab wounds to his back, and the defensive wounds on his hands clearly showed that Travis was the one in self defense mode, not Jodi. All the allegations of sexual deviance and domestic abuse don't change the facts on the autopsy report. :moo:

Heat of Passion is where there is a knife or gun lying there and you grab it after, for example, catching your partner in bed with someone and just losing it by stabbing them or shooting them. I do not think 29 stab wounds and then shooting them would qualify. It's a real stretch to go from self-defense to heat of passion. She's their client who testified on the stand. Are they now admitting she was "probably" lying again and maybe it was heat of passion?????? Let's just look at it for what it is: 29 stab wounds, a cut throat and a bullet to the face...Jodi wanted him dead and would not stop until she reached her goal. jmo

:fence:

Just sharing some thoughts here... I don't understand why some THs are taking the position that this was EITHER a premeditated killing OR a heat of passion killing, but it can't be both. I believe that in JA's case, it most certainly CAN be BOTH!

they are basing this on the legal definitions of premed and crime of passion. in the law you can't have both - crime of passion means some one just snaps and kills

:banghead: there apparently is no line she will not cross? She literally makes my skin crawl!!

!!! This crap is why I want her to get the DP, because I know if she gets LWOP this dragging of TA, pretending to be a victim of DV will continue. With grandma in the front row wearing a DV ribbon. Lord, I cannot stand that woman. I need this verdict of guilty on murder in the first degree before I pop a vein!

Okay. So I spent my Sunday trying to change my avatar to the blue ribbon with no success. Too embarrassed to ask for help. Too thick to figure it out myself. Too impatient to keep trying. So I'll keep my avatar as is- my dog waving 'bye to Jodi- And please know that my heart is with the blue ribbons :)

O/T Tan Mom is releasing a Rap single. Just when you think it's safe to go back in the water. Oh Brother!

Good Morning WSers! :) Coffee....check! Stacker 2 Energy Shot....check! I have a very short day today and hope to be home shortly after the jury begins deliberations today. I am praying for a Guilty verdict (Murder 1), by the end of the day...
I didn't listen to the radio show last night, much as I wanted to. Right now, I can't know anymore. It's weird maybe, but until I hear the verdict, I can't process anymore facts that the jury doesn't know. We already know so much more than they do, and what we know from all other sources is information we can rely on. I'm cautiously optimistic about this verdict but I will wait to give that webisode a full listen. It's already SO CLEAR what the verdict should be, but like I said, we know so much more than the jury. The scales of justice aren't level right now. Very little truth has been admitted about JA, and yet a boatload of untruths, hearsay (IMO) and lies have been spewed in open court about Travis. In all seriousness, the way the law is set up, Travis has been on trial more than JA has been. I hope this trial spurs changes that are sorely needed.
I will be praying while I work this morning :) And I'm looking forward to all the heartfelt posts here when the correct verdict is announced. Guilty, first degree murder. :)

Okay. So I spent my Sunday trying to change my avatar to the blue ribbon with no success. Too embarrassed to ask for help. Too thick to figure it out myself. Too impatient to keep trying. So I'll keep my avatar as is- my dog waving 'bye to Jodi- And please know that my heart is with the blue ribbons :)

LOL,,,gilly I thought that was a picture of a seal!!!! I did not know it was a dogs rear end. And that is with my glasses on! It is going to be a long day!

I wonder who is going to pay the taxes on all these new found gains.

The picture is interesting to put out there as a survivor shirt. For one the violence in the face and two the color red. Red is a "hot button" color, very aggressive.

hmmm - i wonder..... t-shirts w/ the word survivor, i wonder if that might be an infringment on "survivor" tv show - cuz the have t-shirts that say survivor also, so i wonder if they have some type of copyright on it?

Can't stay, have to take my DW into hospital for day surgery, just wanted to share that Justice for Travis FB group contacted Dior and they are going to have their lawyers look into claims of Arias' original art sales, and issue a cease and desist order. More acction may follow. What a great way to start my day. :D

Well, Village Idiot (Love your handle!), since you brought it up, I'm going to say what I've been afraid to post because it is so horrible to think about.

So many of the reenactments on HLN have had Travis on his back when she slashed his throat. I don't believe that is the way it happened. I believe he was on his knees crawling away and she pulled his hair up and slashed him under the throat, under the chin as you said. For the cut to be so deep as to nearly decapitate him the weight of his own head, and gravity, made that possible.

Had he been on his back the cut wouldn't be as deep.

Think about cutting a piece of rope. We make a loop and cut from the bottom upwards. To cut from the top of the rope we would have to lay it down on something and SAW away at it.

She had one sharp a$$ knife, too. Like a knife used by a butcher or a CHEF, where they have them professionally sharpened. Most home use knives are not that sharp, especially when they are washed in a dishwasher as they obviously did at Travis' home. So, what I'm saying is…she brought the knife. A knife she stole from one of the restaurants she worked at…more proof of PREDMEDITATION.

I'd also bet money it was the same knife she slashed Travis' and Lisa's tires with.:twocents:

I am a chef at a cafe and I have my own knives...they are razor sharp and would cut through most anything (including skin and tendons) like butter.
I would bet the knife is a professional kitchen knife...
MOO

Good Morning WSers! :) Coffee....check! Stacker 2 Energy Shot....check! I have a very short day today and hope to be home shortly after the jury begins deliberations today. I am praying for a Guilty verdict (Murder 1), by the end of the day...
I didn't listen to the radio show last night, much as I wanted to. Right now, I can't know anymore. It's weird maybe, but until I hear the verdict, I can't process anymore facts that the jury doesn't know. We already know so much more than they do, and what we know from all other sources is information we can rely on. I'm cautiously optimistic about this verdict but I will wait to give that webisode a full listen. It's already SO CLEAR what the verdict should be, but like I said, we know so much more than the jury. The scales of justice aren't level right now. Very little truth has been admitted about JA, and yet a boatload of untruths, hearsay (IMO) and lies have been spewed in open court about Travis. In all seriousness, the way the law is set up, Travis has been on trial more than JA has been. I hope this trial spurs changes that are sorely needed.
I will be praying while I work this morning :) And I'm looking forward to all the heartfelt posts here when the correct verdict is announced. Guilty, first degree murder. :)

I know what you mean! It's shocking the known facts that weren't let in because of trying to protect the guilty one. It boggles the mind!

But, I do think this jury is very smart and will get it right, despite being deprived of all they should have been told. They know JA is a liar and her defense team just rolled with the lies, created their own lies, and falsely trashed the only real victim in this case. The only believable side in this case is the prosecution. Juan, and his witnesses, presented facts that can be backed up - not a bunch of lies and absurtities.

I really feel the verdict will come today and it will be 1st degree - premeditated!! This will be known as May 6 - Justice for Travis Day!!

they are basing this on the legal definitions of premed and crime of passion. in the law you can't have both - crime of passion means some one just snaps and kills

Thanks for the clarification, polleypockets! If, as a juror, I must choose between Murder 1/Premeditated and Manslaughter/Crime of Passion, then I would choose Murder 1/Premeditated, WITHOUT QUESTION! Whether she planned it ahead of time, or she had the thoughtful intent to kill, somewhere between the first injury inflicted and the last one, either way, it's PREMEDITATED! :moo:

I just read this article and if you go down to the bottom of the article and read text under the sub-title Potential outcomes all of our questions about the penalty to be served for each potential offense is explained very well. It answered a lot of my questions.

Also quite a few CNN videos about the trial on the left margin of the article.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/04/us/jodi-arias-primer/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

I am a chef at a cafe and I have my own knives...they are razor sharp and would cut through most anything (including skin and tendons) like butter.
I would bet the knife is a professional kitchen knife...
MOO

Yep, that is what I said. She had plenty of access to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998