Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox 8 Cleveland. There's live video. Amanda Berry to return home.

Figueroa suffered two broken noses, broken ribs, a knocked-out tooth, a blood clot on the brain and two dislocated shoulders, according to a 2005 filing in Cuyahoga County Domestic Relations Court. Her attorney requested that a judge “keep [Castro] from threatening to kill [Figueroa].’’

Attorney Robert Ferreri said Figueroa “has full custody with no visitation for [Castro]. Nevertheless, [Castro] frequently abducts daughters and keeps them from mother.’’

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/ariel_castro_suspect_in_clevel.html

I keep wondering if one of the suspects made trips out of town. Why would they dump a body on the property when they could easily move it elsewhere.
As far as Gina's abduction it seems as if Ariel stole his daughters best friend for some reason. He must have been stalking his daughter.

Women held in U.S. home were restrained with chains

http://www.cp24.com/world/women-held-in-u-s-home-were-restrained-with-chains-1.1272172

CLEVELAND -- The police chief in the U.S. city of Cleveland says the three women held captive in a house for nearly a decade were restrained with ropes and chains and allowed out into the back yard occasionally.

Chief Michael McGrath said in an interview on NBC's "Today" show Wednesday that the physical condition of the three women rescued Monday was "very good considering the circumstances."

McGrath says he was "absolutely" sure police did everything they could to find the women over the years. He disputed claims by neighbours that officers had been called to the house before for suspicious circumstances.
Related Stories

Cleveland police face questions as 3 missing women rescued

McGrath says the three men who have been arrested in the case "are talking" but he wouldn't say if they have confessed. He says a charging decision could come later Wednesday.

I'm not buying it...
the more info that comes out, the worse it gets.
the "alarms" were going off for some of these neighbors and they reported it.
Naked women crawling in the yard? Pounding on the doors? Screams??
That IS warrant for a search warrant.
The ball was dropped as far as I'm concerned.

The last person to see Gina was AC's daughter! Aren't the parents, neighbors and friend's families the first to be checked??

Witnesses saw her in a car with 3 men! The odds are quite high she knew them and she obviously did. There was a description of the car!

The sketch, it looks just like AC!!

Locked and banned areas in a home no was able to go into??
Shades and dark garbage bags on all the windows??
No one thought that was weird?

All these women missing in the same area?? How could they not be connected?? Several special ed students; what is the common thread?

The school, friends and the bus driver!

We haven't even discussed the guy had to be buying larger quantities of food, clothing, baby items, women's items etc... that had to have occurred.

this whole story makes me ill. I am not a detective, but come on...red flags were going off everywhere and no one figured it out!!
Just my opinion of course.

I keep wondering if one of the suspects made trips out of town. Why would they dump a body on the property when they could easily move it elsewhere.
As far as Gina's abduction it seems as if Ariel stole his daughters best friend for some reason. He must have been stalking his daughter.

Not necessary to leave town, could dump a body in an abandoned house, construction site, parking lot, over grown area, you name it. In a bad area, no one would notice. Could even have 2 men holding up a deceased body and it would just look like someone drunk or drugged out.

Special thanks for this information.

Gentrification.

Sadly this makes alot of sense. I wondered about the drug trade actualy and if it was open air. People don't say n-a-d-a when you have corners being manned.

This just makes the people that helped these dear women and child even more heroic I believe.

I completely agree. The fact that Charles Ramsey stepped up when he saw something amiss is nothing short of miraculous. Very few would have bothered. We even heard his first thought was "domestic violence". It's common place and not something you risk getting involved in, yet he did.

And yes, drugs are pretty out in the open in that area. You'd not take it to the main streets, but the smaller streets and ally's ... they're all over.

Emily was found guilty but mentally ill. Apparently she was judged mentally ill but not insane.
"While there was persuasive evidence of mental illness, it was clear the mental illness did not prevent Emily Castro from knowing right from wrong, making her legally responsible, Surbeck said."
http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080216/LOCAL03/802160327/1002/LOCAL

Hopefully some attorney will come forward to revisit her case and maybe get her paroled if that is the right thing to do. Especially she needs therapy. Now if she only tried to kill her baby (horrible) but she did try to kill herself from what we have heard so far. She must have been insane at the time, in my opinion. She probably didn't have a good lawyer either.

Rescued captive’s mom: I haven’t talked to her yet

http://www.today.com/video/today/51814777#51814777

This is an interview with Michelle Night's mom. :dunno: Is it just me, or does she not seem very happy that her daughter was found? It just seems like an odd interview.

Odd. Seems detached, speaks as if she knows she did something wrong and doesn't want it known. I also got the impression that she does not understand that her daughter did not run away and that she was kidnapped and held hostage by a monster for more than a decade. She doesn't get it! Very sad. I wish the interviewer would have asked her what she meant at the end of the interview when she implied her daughter left because the mother did something wrong. Stinky. I don't get it! I don't think she was ever bonded to her children and this often happens.

Sounds like babies never made it to the baby stage. They were fetuses, probably flushed down the toilet (that is my opinion only not based on anything reported).

I'm not buying it...
the more info that comes out, the worse it gets.
the "alarms" were going off for some of these neighbors and they reported it.
Naked women crawling in the yard? Pounding on the doors? Screams??
That IS warrant for a search warrant.
The ball was dropped as far as I'm concerned.

In all fairness, the lady whose kids saw this said she did not call police. She took no action!

Hopefully some attorney will come forward to revisit her case and maybe get her paroled if that is the right thing to do. Especially she needs therapy. Now if she only tried to kill her baby (horrible) but she did try to kill herself from what we have heard so far. She must have been insane at the time, in my opinion. She probably didn't have a good lawyer either.

She wasn't insane per court's decision.

No, this is incorrect. It was Ariel's daughter Emily. There are lots of photos on FB of her sister Arlene (aka Cheri) visiting her in prison.

So these would be the daughters who Castro abducted from his exwife who according to her brother, he killed by repeated beatings of the head which caused the brain tumor which she died from. Given what we know of these girls home life, and suspecting that he might have perpetrated violence and rape against them, I hope this woman will be given a second chance.

Jaycee Dugard speech from the HOPE awards.....hopefully this link will work....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfxsVKSmXI0"]Jaycee Dugard speaks of hope in wake of Cleveland kidnapping case - YouTube[/ame]

Sounds like babies never made it to the baby stage. They were fetuses, probably flushed down the toilet (that is my opinion only not based on anything reported).

I agree. I initially got the feeling they were beaten while pregnant so as to make the women miscarry. One thing I have wondered is why AC let Amanda keep her daughter (and pregnancy).

Odd. Seems detached, speaks as if she knows she did something wrong and doesn't want it known. I also got the impression that she does not understand that her daughter did not run away and that she was kidnapped and held hostage by a monster for more than a decade. She doesn't get it! Very sad. I wish the interviewer would have asked her what she meant at the end of the interview when she implied her daughter left because the mother did something wrong. Stinky. I don't get it! I don't think she was ever bonded to her children and this often happens.

THIS IS TOTALLY AN OPINION .... the feeling I got was that Michelle's mother may have had something to do with Michelle losing custody. That created bad blood between them. That is why she (and police) thought Michelle had up and left without contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member