Aggravation phase #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Jodi wants to skip all the next phases?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet this does have something to do with their filing.

They would need a few days to work out the details of getting them all on video.

I mean, no other reason for Deanna to stay with the family at this point...unless she will be involved in the victim impact part. I mean, yeah for support. But it seems more than that.

It doesn't explain the security/police presence but it makes sense knowing what we know about the motion filed. At least to me

No way...moo....
That motion is silly. It all be shot down like a zombie turkey the day before Thanksgiving...

Its a standard motion--another hail Mary by the DT soon to be denied...

That guy was arrested! :great:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: his last tweet he explained why he would NEVER be arrested :drumroll: It was about 6 hours ago I think. Surprise, surprise.

Well said. Does anyone know if it's possible because of the JA's interview last night to call a mis-trial (or whatever the terminology would be) for this phase of the trial?

We were between phases, so no.

KINSEY SCHOFIELD ‏@kinseyschofield 1m
#JodiArias I heard Alexander family & Juan Martinez watching video/what sounded like news in Prosecution/Witness room.

maybe they were watching her little interview from last night?

I agree, Schuby. Critiquing Jodi's Grandmother and her health issues/ wheel chair use should be off limits, IMO. I posted this earlier today to a similar comment about the Grandmother's wheel chair use.

The grandma stuff adds nothing to the discussion, really. Travis murder isn't her fault. I think you'd need to try an awful lot harder than that to get any sympathy for Jodi.

I feel sorry for the families of the accused in cases like this. I've just been reading a statement from the daughter of Ariel Castro (OTT, apologies) and how she felt obliged to apologise for the actions of her father. This young girl's life is ruined, through no fault of her own. She will have to live with this (and be judged) for the rest of her days.

If Jodi were my sister, I would die. She put herself first with her actions. In the most heinous way imaginable. The effects on the lives of everybody involved, from the Alexander family, their friends and lastly, her own family wasn't given a thought. I feel very strongly about this.

Good Afternoon, Everyone!

Court was cancelled today? What's the reason behind it?

Would Travis Alexander's killer (someone started to call her that and I am going to follow suit) lawyers be able to resign at this stage of the trial on account of her doing the interview after they asked her not to (speculating that they asked her not to).

Very respectfully snipped, Moonshyne, regarding both the content and emotions in your post. I completely understand.

Most everyone is saying the same. Your post was the last in the thread, as it happened. I kept and bolded the comment about the Alexander family out of respect for them, as this is all about justice for Travis.

Having said that, I cannot possibly see what kind of shenanigans Jodi could have pulled to get out of this. I thought I saw mention of her white bus pulling up to court. I assumed she had arrived.

I imagine she would have been under watch last night, possibly medicated and there is no way she could have harmed herself in an effort to prevent her appearance today.

We heard of at least one (if not two) threats to today's proceedings. A poster mentioned that a man with weapons and ammunition had been found in a nearby hotel. I would think that a security issue is more likely to be the cause of a halt to today's proceedings. Any other news yet?

It's so frustrating. There is so much speculation but no real answers..I have heard that "something" happened on the way to court and that she was taken to Psych ward (if that is true she is no doubt faking some sort of mental breakdown) then of course there is the case of the twitterer who had posted threats and was taken into custody along with a female..then there is speculation about Juror #8s comments yesterday to the media..and speculation her lawyers may have quit after her impromptu interview yesterday. I guess until we get some **concrete** info, all we can do is speculate but I think it is safe to say we all feel pretty frustrated with the seemingly endless charades that have plagued this trial and even before trial. It stinks that Jodi can somehow still manipulate the system even now that a guilty verdict has been rendered.

I am hoping that the jurors and Alexanders are holding up ok through this and realize that no matter what - she will NOT escape punishment. There is no undoing her conviction and she WILL pay for what she did. She might be able to play a few last pathetic games but in the end she will be locked away for the rest of her life however long that may be. I hope that knowledge helps the family and the jurors endure this crap.

I'll bet because of her saying in the interview that she wants the death penalty, they now have to give her a psych eval, man she is a piece of work!

So what exactly has happened. We know two firetrucks and two ambulances were called to the scene and a gurney insued. I wouldn't be surprised to find out it was for the Drama Queen. No matter what the EMS said.

The grandma stuff adds nothing to the discussion, really. Travis murder isn't her fault. I think you'd need to try an awful lot harder than that to get any sympathy for Jodi.

I feel sorry for the families of the accused in cases like this. I've just been reading a statement from the daughter of Ariel Castro (OTT, apologies) and how she felt obliged to apologise for the actions of her father. This young girl's life is ruined, through no fault of her own. She will have to live with this (and be judged) for the rest of her days.

If Jodi were my sister, I would die. She put herself first with her actions. In the most heinous way imaginable. The effects on the lives of everybody involved, from the Alexander family, their friends and lastly, her own family wasn't given a thought. I feel very strongly about this.

I absolutely agree. When my sister, who is severely disabled, was younger people used to constantly berate my family for parking in the handicapped spots because they assumed that they were just for elderly people- even though we had placards. We could not afford a wheelchair for my sister until she was 16, so she had to be transported with other kinds of chairs and the like. People felt that this meant she should be hauling her *advertiser censored* across the entire parking lot because they couldn't see a wheelchair. You do not know people's pain or physical limitations, judging them is wrong and cruel- NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE RELATED TO. On another note, I don't believe JA's grandmother owes anything to the media either, except the courtesy you would grant anyone else in perhaps not flipping them off. She certainly doesn't owe them any words or interviews!!

Based on the activity at the courthouse I am beginning to think that JA may have waived mitigation and accepted the DP. I can't see it happening with her...but perhaps?

Timothy McVeigh -- Next Wednesday the Judge sets execution date

That's why the state will demand a competency eval first, so she can't claim that later.

Yep .. thank god! They really need to tie up all loose ends if they're going to keep this 'unusual person' on death row then stick a needle in her arm.

Sadly, the jury doesn't realize how Jodi has and continues to jerk their chains. She lost control with the GUILTY verdict and has to try to figure out how to turn things around to favor her. JA is conniving, cunning, manipulative and isn't going to take this verdict "lying down". :moo:

I hope the jury does know now .. they might have seen enough of her antics to get it by now ... :please:

KINSEY SCHOFIELD ‏@kinseyschofield 1m
#JodiArias I heard Alexander family & Juan Martinez watching video/what sounded like news in Prosecution/Witness room.

WOW - this person is WAT's stand in today, I believe.

I wonder if they were watching JA's interview from last night.

Could it be that Nurmi and Wilmott had a meltdown that the interview was set up without their knowledge and are blaming court staff for actually setting it up without their okie dokie?

I think that would be doubtful. Nurmi and Jennifer are professionals. They are no doubt really pissed with their client for doing the interview, that would almost be guaranteed.

If I had to guess I would assume that Jennifer would be more demonstrative of being pissed based on her conduct in Court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici