Aggravation phase #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think JA is a borderline. I think she is a true psychopath. Everything is calculated....every tear, every smile. Coldblooded. Hard to analysis her through tests because she games them. IMO

psychopathy is one of the axis II personality disorders....well..clinically most clinicians will use Antisocial Personality Disorder. If you ask about psychopathy being a diagnosis this is the one they use that is closest to the definition of it. All Axis II overlap in criteria and some people have more than one. Those are fun to work with :banghead:

Manipulations and threats of suicide as a way to manipulate are most common in Borderline and Narcicisstic disorders (of course i am not a professional so its my opinion formed from work and some school) the most strongly. Ted Bundy, IIRC, had several personality disorders. JA,iMO, could very well have both antisocial/psychopathy and Borderline going on. Regardless, any of them are miserable to work with (for me) and sometimes rather scary.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I know one thing, she might regret making this movie.
I know it took me a good 25 years to not be creeped out by Eric Roberts (His role in "Star 80", the Dorothy Stratten story), until he did was in Dark Knight and I finally got over his creep factor.

BTW, she also played a "Krelboyne" in Malcom in the Middle for a few episodes, she was cute on that show.

Augh I can't believe you reminded me of that movie! I'd rather think of him as Julia's brother who takes chances on more challenging roles. I don't know about this Lifetime movie, but Rob Lowe better be in it somehow for reals. Every true crime, high profile movie they do better have him.

So his (Fox's) part of the deal was to NOT release an interview (or parts) that they had had. Well, really, that is quite disgusting. What are they holding back?

They are now "officially" holding me back from ever clicking on their link again.

BARF.

moo

Since he has what he wanted from Jodi now I say BREAK THE DEAL!

I know one of these. Not as bad as JA but still bad. The only way is absolutely no conversation...not even about the weather. They can suck you into their world in a New York minute. :banghead:

Ditto and agreed.

BBM

I know it's really wrong, but I love to see them use the stun belt on her.

You're gonna have to get in line, Steely. There are an awful lot of folks who want to see that particular version of the Electric Boogaloo.

Is Donavan male or female? I have seen reference to (her) being female but appears decidedly male.

Do I have permission to BARF??!! Dear God, this whole case is one huge horrible nightmare, and WS's need to wake up to the true beauty of this world, breath in a lot of fresh air, and get this case out of our hearts and minds for a long time. {{hugs to all who walked this path of pain.}}

Last year I watched a death penalty case. The victim was Kathy Taft, a prominent and well-connected person in the state. She had been brutally murdered (and more).

During the mitigation phase, the murderer's family members, including elderly sweet grandma, testified about the convict and why there was value in continuing his life via a LWOP sentence.

Then the jury decided upon the sentence. (LWOP)

After the sentencing, the family gave impact statements. The jury decided the sentence without hearing the family's feelings. At the time, many trial watchers assumed the family should speak before the jury decided. But that's not how it worked here.

I guess the states vary...

In AL capital murder jury hears both mit and agr phase, then decides. In my cousin's murder the jury had 1 ? and that was "Does life mean life?" The judge explained to us, by law he could but reply "yes". We all knew life didn't mean lwop, the jury didn't. They rendered life, but the judge had final say and changed it to DP.

Why does the law have to be so complicated? I'm constantly amazed at the loopholes all thru it.

I don't know if he did, it's possible. One thing I know is KN had to keep reminding JA when she was on the witness stand that she couldn't remember what happened after the gun went off. I found that was very telling. KN seemed tense at times when JA was on the stand ...like he was worried she was going to 'forget' that she was supposed to 'forget'.

Totally saw it.. She kept going off script or forgetting the script and he was leading her through. Mr Martinez could have objected so much more "leading" however, he is as good as they get! He let Jodi just gab and gab, you know the old saying, give them enough rope...

Jodi is pulling the suicide threat stunts because she can't bear to face all her jail friends after losing. Eat crow?! No way not jodi. So suddenly she's doing interviews and firing her attnys and telling everyone she wants to die and soon.
Lol, whatever Jodi....

To correct an error: Jodi did not say during the post-conviction interview that Travis "wanted to have sex with twelve year old girls". What she said was that he "fantasized about having sex with twelve year old girls".

I know they are ALMOST the same thing. But they are not.

Not defending Jodi the beotch here, just wanting this to be correct.

FYI for anyone talking about the civil suit statute of limitations, normally it is 2 years for a wrongful death suit, but yesterday I looked up the statute and found there was an he's exception where the defendant is criminally prosecuted--in that case, you can wait up to one year from the verdict.

What would happen if Jodi demands they give her the needle when she gets to death row? And pulls a Gary Gilmore and sues for her death conviction to be carried out?

Right now Jodi is struggling to hold onto to as much power and control as she can. I foresee Jodi giving many interviews if her wishes were carried out. She can go out of this world still blaming and shaming Travis, and have that ultimate control in her life and have the media at her beck and call.

Absolutely.....and not just "any old plan" either. She is an extremely high functioning schemer. I am suspect of any action she takes and every word that passes from her mouth. The end result is always to Jodi's benefit and you can bet on that.

...and now she's flattered we are following this trial. She's loving the attention. She needs DP ASAP.

I wonder what was in the facebook email Travis sent JA the last week in May when they were fighting. Might have a hint about what he found out about her. I bet there is so much more that has not been released. No wonder so many lawyers jumped ship...says a lot about Wilmot.

BBM~ I'm seeing this acronym today. What does it mean? -- Jodi Arias?

Bottom line: CKJA wants to get rid of this jury. After all, she said she is praying for them. We know that's trouble since she was really mad at Travis, spiritually speaking. I'd be shaking in my boots if she was praying for me.

So this is a ploy that maybe she can manipulate this jury and get a different one by postponing court in hopes this one crumbles

Anyone else have a problem with the questions and demeanor of the TV interview after the verdict? It really sounded like the interviewer was making Jodi the victim with his questioning. Let's not forget she's a murderer. Was Charles Manson asked 'how do you feel about your mom?" Why give her more airtime? Let TA's family enjoy the rest of the day for pete's sake.

Is there something in the law that restricts the State or it's expert witnesses from determining a criminal to be a sociopath/psychopath? I just don't get it??? It's such a nebulous term for psychologists but the plebes get it and understand it! How is it possible that she was not diagnosed/determined to be one?

Just asking because she so obviously fits into the category...

I think all the media hype has unlocked Jodi's Narcissism and its been fed to the extreme and she's coming down from her narcissistic supply. But I've personally always believed she was a Narcissist, with psychopathy and borderline traits so I could be wrong.

I think she wasn't expecting the Jodi Show to be as big a deal as it was.I think it was a pleasant surprise for her. I think it was apparent, after she got on the stand, and was informed at all the hype she could no longer control herself with her weird, seemingly damning behavior in court because she was so aware of the attention she received by every move she made. "Did Jodi flip off the camera today?" "Why is she doing that." "Jodi, Jodi, Jodi.." Gag.. She's so driven by it, she put her defense on the back burner. That interview was the beginning of act two.

I think what happened is, when she did her planned interview to refuel her narcissism, she didn't expect to be put under psych watch. Instead of getting her posse to fill her in on the Jodi Obsession, she's silenced for days. No more supply. Not from the media (at least that she can enjoy), her friends, inmates... I think she actually had a break down, and I like thinking she's absolutely miserable/mentally unhinged right now. So for that reason I hope I'm right.

"The three usual reasons for a narcissistic injury are (p.44):

The threat of losing the primary source of narcissistic supply, be that a job or a relationship
A failure of old strategies to work, for example, someone challenging their power or trying to take control away from them
An unexpected situation in which their "robust sense of self dissolves and they become desperate"
Lerner says that after an injury, narcissists may self-medicate with drugs or alcohol or make a mad dash to find alternative sources of attention and admiration. But mostly, they become enraged that others don't go along with their entitled demands. They strike out like a despot whose subjects threaten a revolution. They may be up-front with their rage or be more passive aggressive about it. "

Do I have permission to BARF??!! Dear God, this whole case is one huge horrible nightmare, and WS's need to wake up to the true beauty of this world, breath in a lot of fresh air, and get this case out of our hearts and minds for a long time. {{hugs to all who walked this path of pain.}}

:puke: I'll do it for you, 4Jacy.

I am beyond pissed !!!! They really need to quit showing Jodi singing that song...
GRRRRRR... I am not a religious fanatic...but that is just wrong !!!!!!

Also just a sudden thought I had - I think it's telling of the type of person Travis was that he didn't kill, or try to kill, Jodi when she was chasing him. He tried to get away, he didn't try to kill her too.

I've been saying this to myself for quite some time...even when she was killing him, he never tried to hurt her.

Also, juan should let the jury in on the idea that she had to have showered after the murder with Travis's dead body lying at her feet. Someone mentioned this a week or so ago, and I was horrified. But after thinking about it i realized that she had to have done it. There was no other way for her to not track blood all over the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member