aggravated waiting for the Aggravation phase #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's the only reason she did it. if he'd asked her anything really hard, she would have ended the interview. he did it on her terms.
that's one of the problems i have with it. she didn't say anything new that i know of, but all i know about it i read here.
i went back to school at 33 and got a degree in journalism. studied ethics, etc. i have very conflicted feelings about giving somebody like her a platform. i guess my bigger problem is that this happened while the trial was still in progress, and because of what she said about wanting to be 'free' (dead), she's now on suicide watch, and this could be why the trial stopped thursday so she could undergo a psych evaluation. i don't know that for sure---about the evaluation---but a lot of people besides me think that may be what's going on.
so his big scoop may have impacted this trial. i just wish he would have waited until the penalty phase was over. but that's obviously not what SHE wanted so he went ahead with it.

I am not sure from your post if you worked as a journalist. If you have, then perhaps you'll agree that that is one of the distastful aspects of the job..to interview and give voice to those whom you can't stand, know are lying ect. But if she was not barred from giving interviews legally, then it's not up to him to decide whether it's fair or not becuase of the trial. And their are news directors at the other stations asking thier field reporters why did you not get that interview? And sometimes just letting someone speak like he let JA ....the reporter knows they are going to hang themselves. I don't know this reporter or his body of work..but he may have been smart enough to just let her keep talking. JMO

I don't have a problem with his interview either

Just thought he could have waited a day or so to air it

not 20mins after the verdict,just out of compassion for Travis & his Family

Let them have a day or so to soak in the verdict!!

They waited 5 long yrs for that verdict,to me-it was their moment

And like the snake that she is-brought it all back on her-I hate her!!!

And did I hear CJ is not presenting anything in her Mig phase??

I watched the clip of the verdict being read several times and here's what I saw: clerk pronounces guilty and there's an audible gasp from either Sam or Tanisha, immediately cut short. Now of course Jean C. later breathlessly reports in her best JVM voice that it was a "shriek." It was absolutely not.

What angered me was Willmott's reaction. She frowns and shoots an annoyed look of disgust back over to the Alexander side of the gallery.

It wasn't an outburst, it wasn't uncontrolled, it was a single, quick, involuntary gasp. Just one, from one person.

I suspect Willmott is behind the motion. This family continues to be put through hell and back. Their grace and dignity throughout this trial is beyond admirable.
It was Sam and absolutlely not a shriek. A completely natural response to a verdict they had been waiting for for five excruciating years. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMFBm-utyxo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMFBm-utyxo[/ame]

I am not sure from your post if you worked as a journalist. If you have, then perhaps you'll agree that that is one of the distastful aspects of the job.

I was a journalism/history major. I left the world of journalism after 6 months.

I actually hadn't considered that. I was focused so much on her disinterest and deadness of soul that I forgot about the sadistic side of her personality that really would take pleasure in being front and center to witness how much anguish she's caused these people. It would reinforce her godlike feelings.

Maybe that's why the DT wants it on videotape: they know she won't be able to hide her smirking and obvious pleasure if it's "live."

I think you may be right about that.

From what I could glean from reading the motion it sounds like the DT wants to be able to view the tapes before hand so they can object to certain statements or portions of statements and have them removed - I guess that means, edited. I find this really ridiculous and reprehensible. JA committed the ultimate act of violence by taking a life. She said exactly what she wanted to say. I think the victims have the right now to say exactly what they want to say and what they think of her. How dare they try to restrict the family and friends of TA. In my opinion, justice for Travis must include the impact of his death, his cruel and savage death at JA's hands, on his family.

How ticked off do you think she was she last night to find her story didn't lead on 20/20?

:rolleyes:

Probably just about as ticked off she is about the story of the three kidnapped girls from Cleveland that is taking away her air time. I bet she is cursing the day those ladies were set free from their captor. Because it ceased to be all Jodi all the time.

Is the ring described on page 16 in yellow a Mormon ring? I remember Enrique telling Detective Flores that his girlfriend noticed Travis's CTR ring and his watch on the kitchen counter. (highlighted in yellow on page 16)

http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/floresinvestigationreport.pdf

Not sure. If you Google images of CTR (Choose The Right) ring, you'll see that it can be made in huge variety of styles. Somewhere I read about Jodi talking about her own CTR ring.

The ring in the pic does look like the PPL ring, but not as shiny gold, but (if Travis had one?), I guess it could be...

I wonder what they do with those rings now that the company has changed its name from PrePaidLegal to Legal Shield?

To me-CJ had 18 days on the stand to trash Travis.His family was basically forced to listen to her

The judge should force her to sit & listen to them.

BBM. What new side do you think we saw that we hadn't seen before?

I shouldn't say NEW, just enhanced. She was clearly less able to contain her seething for Travis and everyone else that is 'against' her. Her hate was more visible to me in that interview. She was less able to portray herself as poor, sweet, victim JA....her comment about Travis wanting to have sex with a 12 year old and that 'is pedophilia by definition' had a chilling sound to it. Her rage is simmering...I want to see it boil over.

If you watch her testimony from the very first day when she took her seat, it was as if she were giving a Lifetime Achievement Award acceptance speech.

Juan's cross examination was just a challenge to an award she'd already won.

I thought the same. Like if Thomas Benigni, when he won Best Actor for Life is Beautiful, had said, Whaddya mean Tom Hanks should have won for Saving Private Ryan?!

No criticism for Thomas Benigni, just still pizzed that Hanks lost.

From what I could glean from reading the motion it sounds like the DT wants to be able to view the tapes before hand so they can object to certain statements or portions of statements and have them removed - I guess that means, edited. I find this really ridiculous and reprehensible. JA committed the ultimate act of violence by taking a life. She said exactly what she wanted to say. I think the victims have the right now to say exactly what they want to say and what they think of her. How dare they try to restrict the family and friends of TA. In my opinion, justice for Travis must include the impact of his death, his cruel and savage death at JA's hands, on his family.

Oh, I agree with you completely. I'm pretty sick of hearing about her wants, her needs, her fears, her hopelessness, her possible suicide.

I want, as do you, for Arias to sit in her seat with nothing to distract her from what needs to be said by the Alexanders.

After that, she can head on down a hot steaming road to meet the pitchforking devils.

Each to their own. There's just no way no how could I give a convicted murderer a platform to speak just 20 minutes after the verdict was handed down. That interview was so soft too. Who was the victim here - JA or Travis? IMO there was nothing the public *needed* to see in that interview, and it could certainly have waited till after the trial was over.

I confess that I was actually amused that she regurgitated those parts of her story line maligning TA. I saw real shock in her eyes and I'm still sort of chuckling over the way she continued to fling those little bits of slander in the air like the magic pixie dust that would set her free. Psssst! Jodi Ann! The fact they convicted you of *premeditated* first degree murder means (wait for it, my dear....) nobody (except maybe your mother) believed a word you said about the person, the behavior or the character of Travis Alexander. Not a single word. But hey girl, you just keep on repeating that mantra all the way to the big house if it makes you feel better. Sing it in your heads in rounds for all I care. It won't change the fact that it wasn't true and nobody believed it.

Haven't read all the posts yet....but I am still wondering about the email Travis sent JA on facebook during that last argument. I wonder if Jodi refused to pay for car and maybe she stole the contact and Travis could no longer prove there was one....

I posted my opinion somewhere back but these threads move so fast I can't find it. The other day I heard a portion of the sex tape again and all of a sudden it jumped out at me. The point where JA says to TA, "remember that time I fell asleep in the chair by your bed?". I believe this is the conversation where she goes on to describe waking up with his p*&nis inside her.

Then a few days ago on Dr. Drew Sky Hughes was talking about how her and her husband had access to all TA emails after he passed and how they went through them over and over and couldn't really find anything. Then she said there was one where Jodi mentioned that she would be calling her lawyer. This was the first time I'd ever heard that and Dr. Drew didn't even question her further on this statement.

I think she was trying to blackmail him into getting back together or going to Cancun and threatened to charge him with rape.

JMO

To me-CJ had 18 days on the stand to trash Travis.His family was basically forced to listen to her

The judge should force her to sit & listen to them.

True that. Her endless tale of wooden spoons, boyfriends and backspace arrows, being spun around, etc.

All those days and all she could come up with was Travis talking dirty, with her, on a recording he didn't know about. That and he called her names in literally ONE or TWO email/text/IM exchanges out of 82,000 over 18 months!

I want Travis's family to give their impact statements live in court so Travis's siblings can face Jodi and tell her exactly what she has taken away by killing Travis. Maybe HER rage will come out then, and people will get to see the real Jodi Arias. I hope she jumps out of her seat and has to be shocked by the stun belt. I'm wondering it Jodi was medicated for the verdict. She seemed calm during the verdict and soft-spoken during the interview. I want to see the Jodi Arias that Travis saw. I want to hear the screaming Jodi Arias that her parents heard for years. I'm wondering what Matt McCartney and Darryl Brewer are feeling now.

OMG - she's no Jeffrey Dahmer or Green River Killer (remember those outbursts)? The Alexander's, along with TA's friends, are nothing but religious and respectable. Is she afraid is gonna say MEAN things to her? You bet they are. What is she looking for wine and roses?

Stand up and take your punishment you convicted murderer. Please JSS, don't approve this motion!

My prayers are with the Alexander's.

MOO

Mel

The convicted murderess does not like to be confronted in any way.

I posted my opinion somewhere back but these threads move so fast I can't find it. The other day I heard a portion of the sex tape again and all of a sudden it jumped out at me. The point where JA says to TA, "remember that time I fell asleep in the chair by your bed?". I believe this is the conversation where she goes on to describe waking up with his p*&nis inside her.

There is no easy way to post this without being explicit but I'm going to try ... here goes ... what she said about that incident was something like:

Remember when I fell asleep in the chair and you pulled down my underwear and you totally started (imagine what you do to a lollipop) my (another word for cat)?

Source: http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Crime_Victims/victimRights/

Victim Impact Statement

The victim impact statement may be either written or oral. It allows the victim to provide information for the judge’s consideration at sentencing. It allows the victim to show the pain, anguish, and financial devastation the crime may have caused. The judge really does not know how truly affected the victim is unless the victim speaks up.

When you give your victim impact statement, you may choose to be very brief - or you may decide to talk at length. You may have other family members join you in giving a statement.

The victim impact statement is the ONLY TIME that you will have to address the one person - the judge - who can decide the fate of the defendant.

The victim impact statement is YOUR TIME - USE IT!!

Some items to consider when deciding what to say (always go into detail)
Physical injuries suffered
Medical treatment required
Psychological injuries suffered
Psychological treatment required
Amount of time lost from work
Prognosis for further psychological treatment
Prognosis for further medical treatment including surgery, therapy, etc.
Lingering pain, anxiety, anguish, and nightmares
The affect on your lifestyle
The affect on your family’s lifestyle
In the event of a death, tell what it is like to get a phone call in the middle of the night, to rush to the hospital and not knowing if your loved one will still be alive when you reach them.
In the event of a death, describe what it is like to explain a death to younger siblings still alive, to the children left behind, or other family members.
In the event of the death of a child, explain what it is like to give birth to a child, raise and nurture them with love and care - and then to have them taken away before they have lived a full life.
In the event of the death of a spouse, tell what it is like to marry the person of your dreams, to plan, to love, to expect to celebrate your 50th anniversary with that person - and then to have them taken away.

Researching this, I cannot find what is allowable or not in Arizona. I have found some interesting pieces which address challenges to the VIS and the likelihood that such challenges backfire on the defendant, now convicted.

One of the things that I am really wondering about is if the family, in their VIS, can address the "continued assault on Travis" through the courts by the convicted murdered after his death. So much of their grief and pain has been suspended, prolonged, magnified, etc. since learning of his death up to this phase of the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member