TX - Fertilizer plant explodes in West, Texas

This just makes me sick to think that he might have created this mass disaster for the thrill of it. I would be curious as to when he last participated in a mass disaster drill and if anyone noticed any abnormal excitement on his part.

:ditto: :puke:

I have always felt something cause that plant to blow up. But I had no reason too. And could be totally wrong. My dad is a firefighter and he said fertilizer plants are known to explode and that it had happened before. He doesn't think anything happened, and he is definitely more of an expert than me. But I still thing that explosion was just too insane to happen on it's own, but no support behind it. But wasn't there a fire and then an explosion due to the fire? Not a bomb, then a fire, then an explosion like would seem to make more sense with this EMS worker case info

I have always felt something cause that plant to blow up. But I had no reason too. And could be totally wrong. My dad is a firefighter and he said fertilizer plants are known to explode and that it had happened before. He doesn't think anything happened, and he is definitely more of an expert than me. But I still thing that explosion was just too insane to happen on it's own, but no support behind it. But wasn't there a fire and then an explosion due to the fire? Not a bomb, then a fire, then an explosion like would seem to make more sense with this EMS worker case info

:yes: That is what was originally said. I really hope that is all it was. It will be even more devastating to this already hurting community if he is found to be involved. :(

"During the April 25th memorial in Waco, he gave a previously recorded eulogy for Cyrus Reed, the man he called his best friend.

"Cyrus was on fire for life," Reed said.

But Cyrus Reed’s sister, Sarah, told the Dallas Morning News Friday that her family was fooled by Bryce Reed into thinking they were close.

"He is not part of our family," Sarah Reed said.

She also told the newspaper she suspected Bryce Reed of stealing from her dead brother."

http://www.khou.com/news/local/West...ssession-of-destructive-device-206909881.html

:thud: (Anything else I would say would result in a punishment.)

"During the April 25th memorial in Waco, he gave a previously recorded eulogy for Cyrus Reed, the man he called his best friend.

"Cyrus was on fire for life," Reed said.

But Cyrus Reed’s sister, Sarah, told the Dallas Morning News Friday that her family was fooled by Bryce Reed into thinking they were close.

"He is not part of our family," Sarah Reed said.

She also told the newspaper she suspected Bryce Reed of stealing from her dead brother."
http://www.khou.com/news/local/West...ssession-of-destructive-device-206909881.html

I really hope that is not the case. OMG.... If that is true that he stole from a dead man...... :puke:

I don't have access to facebook......his sounds very interesting. This story is developing-
Sigh. I hope he didn't go there......you know what I mean.

This article has the affidavit and photos.........
"Cyrus Reed's sister, however, said she was starting to suspect Bryce Reed's connection to Cyrus was tenuous and tainted.

The sister, Sarah Reed, said in an email that the family asked the West Police Department to intervene after they heard Bryce was not as close to Cyrus as they were led to believe."

"We want no link between our family and Bryce Reed," Sarah Reed said. "He took advantage of our family during an already overwhelming time with loss of my brother."

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...ith-having-explosive-4505687.php?cmpid=hpfsln

Oh... that's great.
After all that background checking they did???
Wouldn't that be unbelievable... if he DID cause the blast...
And then spoke at a Memorial Service Attended by Obama....
And even if he didn't have anything to do with the plant explosion... he had bomb making materials and attended an event with Obama.

http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/05/bryce-reed-texas-fertilizer-explosion/

His own house was destroyed... and he lost friend in the explosion.

Tami Carr @CarrTami

Bryce Reed is a paramedic for Children's Medical Ctr in Dallas; went on leave early last month, before #West explosion, reports @cbs11jack.

Jack Fink @cbs11jack

#dfwnews #breaking US Atty's office says it won't speculate whether Bryce Reed's arrest is related to fertilizer plant explosion in #West.
1:13 PM - 10 May 2013

I don't have access to facebook......his sounds very interesting. This story is developing-
Sigh. I hope he didn't go there......you know what I mean.

I looked for him on FB ... not sure of the correct one. There are several Bryce Reeds.

I did see that the "In Memory of West, TX Firefighters Last Alarm 4/17/2013" does not want to focus on him. https://www.facebook.com/WestFirefighters

“Authorities will not speculate whether the possession of the unregistered destructive device has any connection to the West fertilizer plant explosion on April 17,” federal prosecutors said in a press release Friday afternoon.

But local authorities said earlier Friday that there's no evidence linking Reed to the April 17 blast.

“It is important to emphasize that at this point, no evidence has been uncovered to indicate any connection to the events surrounding the fire and subsequent explosion at the West Fertilizer Plant and the arrest of Bryce Reed,
” a press release from the McLennan County Sheriff’s Office said.

No further details were provided.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/206911231.html#.UY2E9spaa3o

I hope DD can chime in if she has heard anything.... :sigh:

Oh... that's great.
After all that background checking they did???
Wouldn't that be unbelievable... if he DID cause the blast...
And then spoke at a Memorial Service Attended by Obama....
And even if he didn't have anything to do with the plant explosion... he had bomb making materials and attended an event with Obama.

http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/05/bryce-reed-texas-fertilizer-explosion/

His own house was destroyed... and he lost friend in the explosion.

Tami Carr @CarrTami

Bryce Reed is a paramedic for Children's Medical Ctr in Dallas; went on leave early last month, before #West explosion, reports @cbs11jack.

Jack Fink @cbs11jack

#dfwnews #breaking US Atty's office says it won't speculate whether Bryce Reed's arrest is related to fertilizer plant explosion in #West.
1:13 PM - 10 May 2013

Wow Ms......your link to http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/05/bryce-reed-texas-fertilizer-explosion/ is amazing......just wow. Thanks

Also
I am keeping an open mind.

Bryce Reed was working as a West paramedic the night of the explosion, but he was "let go" two days later, according to an email that a regional EMS group sent to the Texas Department of State Health Services. The email, obtained by the AP under Texas' open-records law, included no other details.

Bryce Reed's wife, Brittany Reed, declined to comment early Friday.

"I can't. No comment, no comment, no comment right now," she said before hanging up the phone.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/te...nto-plant-explosion-4506052.php#ixzz2SwI9wIbo

This worries me. It sounds like he was covering for being near the explosion at the time it happened. What firefighter would keep driving and assume a colleague had it under control?

bbm

Bryce Reed had credited Cyrus Reed for saving his life. Upon reaching the plant, Bryce Reed said, he saw Cyrus' truck, so he kept on driving because he was confident the firefighter could handle the call. Minutes later, the plant erupted in a fire ball.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...-plant-explosion-facing-charges/#postComments

This worries me. It sounds like he was covering for being near the explosion at the time it happened. What firefighter would keep driving and assume a colleague had it under control?

bbm

It would take a really odd duck of a first responder to just drive on past any type of fire at such a potentially disastrous place as a fertilizer plant.
Add the fact that his home was nearby and his best bud just flew past to work it and you have a very unlikely scenario.

How many of us here at WS are first responders or spouses/ parents/ close friends of one? Do you think for a split second that your adrenaline junky first responder would not immediately pull a U-ie and back up his or her colleagues?

I would liken this situation to a volunteer firefighter passing up a train derailment in their own neighborhood or a small grass fire next to a dry wooded area on a windy summer day. Could be easily handled or could destroy miles of forest and homes, endangering many lives.

I know that my cop hubby would be there lickety-split! This is what he trains for, it is his calling...he is compelled to offer assistance, take charge in a stressful situation, to be there for his buddies 24/7 if necessary. He can't NOT do it.

This dude's story doesn't fly.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really have a bad feeling about this. My first thought about this explosion, when it happened, was that it was deliberate. I think part of that stems from other things that went on at the same time.

The first article I read related to this persons arrest, had the video of the speech he gave at the memorial. I'm going to go back and listen to his words again, but it didn't sit right with me. He was talking about his friend (brother) that died and talked about him blowing up things in the yard ??? His FB shows he was clearly struggling with something in the weeks prior to the explosion. What that was is a mystery though. I don't understand the Hitler reference cartoon he posted.

I'm wondering why he took a box of explosive material to a friends and ask them to hold it for him. That doesn't make sense to me. I don't know if this was just a troubled guy that maybe was having some issues with PTSD or depression, etc. and he got on their radar because of his odd behavior or there is something more sinister going on here.

I certainly hope in the horrible rubble that was left in the aftermath of this disaster that they are able to figure out what happened.

bbm

The kind that knew it was something bigger than a little fire
and didn't want to be in the middle when it blew up? :stormingmad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member