TX - Fertilizer plant explodes in West, Texas

I am not surprised at all that it was intentionally set- but kudos to the ATF for their persistence.

Officials launched a hunt Wednesday for possible criminal suspects in the 2013 explosion that killed 15 people at a fertilizer plant in West, Texas, after announcing the fire that triggered the blast was arson.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives announced a $50,000 reward for information. Officials said they had made no arrests.

The fire at the West Fertilizer Co. facility in April 2013 caused ammonium nitrate to ignite, triggering a massive explosion that killed 15, injured hundreds more and left part of the small town in ruins.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/1...r-plant-blast-was-criminal-officials-say.html

I hope they find who did this crime and prosecute to fullest extent of the law!

My oldest granddaughter got married in West last fall and the people of West are still dealing with the trauma from the explosion, and will for a long time. They have rebuilt the nursing the home that was obliterated, I believe they are still working on the schools that were destroyed.

Washington Post:

After the Blast
A small town in Texas. A giant explosion. An unsolved
mystery. And the forces that pulled it all back together.

I hope they find who did this crime and prosecute to fullest extent of the law!

15 counts of capital murder should just about cover it.

My oldest granddaughter got married in West last fall and the people of West are still dealing with the trauma from the explosion, and will for a long time. They have rebuilt the nursing the home that was obliterated, I believe they are still working on the schools that were destroyed.

I see that Google's streetview shows the aftermath of the explosion. It looks as though Google sent in a camera car shortly afterwards to record the wreckage and damage street by street.

So the only changes to come out of this was that the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and local fire marshals are now allowed to inspect fertilizer plants. Isn't that nice? You can still build a fertilizer plant next to an elementary school in Texas, but you are going to have to follow regulations and allow the fire marshal to inspect it.

Judge cancels West explosion trial after series of settlements

Waco-based state District Judge Jim Meyer has canceled a trial set to begin Tuesday. Another trial was postponed for 90 days to allow time for more potential settlements.

The settlements are the latest among more than 200 claims filed in the aftermath of the West Fertilizer Co. blast that killed 15 people and left dozens injured.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cou...west-explosion-trial-after-series-settlements

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back