TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to share my excitement with all you good people, the man that murdered my uncle, Charles Wayne Keese was DENIED parole. Wrote my letter in September and just got the news today. Our wonderful justice system prevailed.

Just got news from Dr. Derrick, she has the sketch and just has to have it approved before she can send it to me. I will post as soon as I get an email :)

I know almost nothing about this case, but the thing about her bones showing signs of osteoporosis really caught my eye.

I think she might have had a history of anorexia and/or bulimia. The malnutrition that comes with both disorders (but especially anorexia) can really mess up your bones, and if it gets bad enough, it CAN cause osteoporosis even if you're a teenager. Osteoporosis is a chronic condition so it could have been caused by an eating disorder she had when she was younger, even if she'd recovered from it before she died.

Also, both anorexia and bulimia can really damage your teeth. With anorexia, it's the malnutrition. In bulimia, it's both the malnutrition AND the constant forced vomiting, because the stomach acid comes in contact with your teeth and can literally dissolve your teeth after a long time.

It'd explain why she had osteoporosis and several cavities. Probably doesn't help much, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Not sure if my ideas would be useful at all, but I'll give it a shot.

Some discussion regarding the relation between bra sizes and eating disorders:
http://www.youreatopia.com/first-hand/post/1952350

With a bra size of 34C (assuming it was properly fitted), I'm taking it Smurfette recovered from her eating disorder, if she had one. A lot of these females claim to have A or AA cups and 32 or smaller bands while ill with anorexia. Then again, considering apparently 80% of women wear the wrong bra size, this should be taken with a grain of salt. Also, smaller bra bands, particularly those under 34 or 32, are difficult to find when shopping. This may be a reason why a lady may wear a wrong bra size while being underweight, so it's possible Smurfette had an eating disorder at the time of her death as well.

http://whyeat.net/forum/threads/30895-Please-Read-This!
Some consequences of anorexia and exercise bulimia are detailed here. (snipped)

i turned 19 only three days ago.
today i found out that i have advanced arthritis in my spine as well as nearly every other joint in my body, but its severe to the point of being debilitating in the joints of my back.
i am in severe pain (im actually crying from physical pain as i type this, i say this not to garner sympathy, but to make my point) from a stress fracture in my spine. the stress fracture is a result of osteoporosis, which is a result of my anorexia and not getting enough vitamins and nutrients, calcium in particular. over-exercising to the part of harming myself, diagnosed as exercise-bulimia, is the second reason for both the early-onset arthritis and the fracture of my spine.
i started trying to recover a year and a half ago. i am currently at the high end of my healthy weight range, and have maintained this weight for a year.

It could also mean Smurfette had bulimia at the time of her death, since most bulimics are either at a normal weight or are even overweight. I had the non-purging type of the disorder when I was 15 and my bra size was about a 34D.

I think I found someone who could be a match. Her name is Nadia Rodriguez and here's why I think she might be Smurfette:

Age 16 at the time of her disappearance (age range matches)
5'4 (two inches taller than Smurfette's estimated height)
Biracial (Smurfette was biracial; Rodriguez is both Asian and Hispanic)
Went missing from Pasadena (Smurfette was found in a part of Houston that's about 32.2 miles and 45 minutes away from Pasadena)
Her hair was dyed red and black (Rodriguez's hair color might have been dark brown? Not sure)

Rodriguez is listed as an Endangered Runaway and was reported missing a little over a month after Smurfette's estimated time of death, but if this wasn't the first time she ran off, maybe her family just assumed she'd come back soon and didn't report her until after she'd been missing for a month or so.

Here's her profile on MissingKids:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=1205827&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

I think I found someone who could be a match. Her name is Nadia Rodriguez and here's why I think she might be Smurfette:

Age 16 at the time of her disappearance (age range matches)
5'4 (two inches taller than Smurfette's estimated height)
Biracial (Smurfette was biracial; Rodriguez is both Asian and Hispanic)
Went missing from Pasadena (Smurfette was found in a part of Houston that's about 32.2 miles and 45 minutes away from Pasadena)
Her hair was dyed red and black (Rodriguez's hair color might have been dark brown? Not sure)

Rodriguez is listed as an Endangered Runaway and was reported missing a little over a month after Smurfette's estimated time of death, but if this wasn't the first time she ran off, maybe her family just assumed she'd come back soon and didn't report her until after she'd been missing for a month or so.

Here's her profile on MissingKids:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=1205827&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

She was mentioned in post 184. I think she is a possibility. When the sketch comes out we will be able to tell more. I'm not sure if she was submitted or ruled out.

406ece98-36cb-4e41-8b12-21d63ddd2e97.jpg

Missing from Snowville, Utah since Feb 16, 2012, possibly travelling to Mexico with "an adult male". She was 14 at the time.

5'1", 127 lbs.

We can't see her teeth, but she has a strong chin.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/18803/0/

Attachments

• 32828.jpg
    32828.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 61

Attachments

• 14729.jpg
    14729.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 14728q.jpg
    14728q.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 24
http://www.healthcentral.com/osteoporosis/c/27148/138295/medications/

http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Bone/Osteoporosis/Conditions_Behaviors/asthma.asp

Laura Nimbach missing from Florida since 2009. Age is off but after seeing smurfettes sketch I feel like she could be older than 17, she definitely looks it. Height is slightly off. Natural hair color is brown and texture is wavy.

Laura was a known drug abuser and her drug of choice hydrocodone, which if taken for long enough can cause weak bones. She also has asthma which if she was taking medication for it could also cause weak bones.

Attachments

• 2983m.jpg
    2983m.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 68
Also another bone density weakening medication is the depo-provera shot (birth control). Some states make you go for a bone density test every 4-7 years depending on the state.

I'm pretty bad at comparing faces, so I'm not putting as much weight on the facial reconstruction as I probably should. But I found one girl who seems to match Smurfette's stats.

JULIE ESTEP - Missing from Baltimore, Ohio
Julie is 5'1 (same height as Smurfette)
She has wavy brown hair (same texture and color)
She was 16 at the time of her disappearance (within the 15 - 17 age range)
Reported missing two months before Smurfette's estimated time of death
Her lips look like a match to me and, to a lesser extent, so do her eyebrows and nose. Maybe her teeth, too. But like I said, I'm not good at this so I could be wrong.

Here is Julie's NAMUS profile. You can see her teeth in the three images provided, if you want to have a go at making a comparison:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/18712/7/

Smurfette was found wearing size five pants.
Julie is list as 5'1'' 165lbs, weight and height isn't consistent with smurfettes pant size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea