NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, 11/10/09 TRIAL THREAD

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 3m
Judge asked if he was on something. McNeill said no #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 3m
McNeill spoke up for himself. Wants everything played despite fact his past criminal charges will be revealed. #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 4m
Def wants altered transcript thrown out,subsequently the video.McNeill butts heads w lawyers. Says play all or nothing #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 6m
Court JUST wrapping. Big controversy over police questioning transcript and video to be played tomorrow. #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

I surely hope the film will blow things Wide Open, 'cause I'm not seeing much so far. We need some convincing circumstantial evidence, and, IMO, we don't have much. We've got the photos of him with her at the hotel; we've got the testimony of the hotel employee who saw MM in the parking lot with our SD thrown over his shoulder & putting her in the back seat, and we've got some ~ testimony about MM being over at the trailer to pick up SD. No real fingerprint, blood, hair or semen evidence, and no weapon evidence... And even if AD testifies, what weight will that have?

Sorry to be so negative, but I feel this thing slipping through the cracks. And this is in no way a slam or a negative criticism about/against LE. It's just not there. Maybe I would feel better if I could have "been there" via live streaming...

We know he did it, but does the jury? Based on what? -- we have to consider it in terms of the charge to the jury instructions. They can't & shouldn't convict on intuition and "probably."

This worries me.

No worries. He will not see freedom for a long long long time, if ever.

But I don't see them giving him DP unless things can wrap up a little better.

(Case Archive is all updated)

I don't post alot but I check in here several times a day. Praying for justice for Shaniya! I too am surprised how quiet this thread is. Is it because it is not getting national attention? Is it because the trial is not on live tv? I don't know but hoping that justice is served. This case haunts me more than any other case.

This is the first time I've heard about this case! I can't believe I didn't know about Shaniya when she first went missing! I just spent the past few hours trying to read up on her story and I am completely horrified by what happened and I am praying for justice as well! I am surprised the accused are even still alive, to be honest...

Many thanks to all the good people keeping us updated on the trial. It is awful quiet - but there are probably a lot of reasons for that. And poor Shaniya never really had many advocates in her little lifetime and now in her death - it doesn't seem much better.
Glad she is playing with the angels now and no one can hurt her anymore.

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 11m

Tape expected to be shown to jury today. Should be interesting day of court #ShanuyaDavis

Tape would include defendant talking about criminal past, polygraph and dream of shooting 2 people. He says he OK with that. #ShaniyaDavis

Tuesday's trial ended on wild note, with defendant McNeill saying state should show all or none of his '09 interview w/ cops #ShaniyaDavis.

Michael's twitter page https://twitter.com/FO_Futch

I surely hope the film will blow things Wide Open, 'cause I'm not seeing much so far. We need some convincing circumstantial evidence, and, IMO, we don't have much. We've got the photos of him with her at the hotel; we've got the testimony of the hotel employee who saw MM in the parking lot with our SD thrown over his shoulder & putting her in the back seat, and we've got some ~ testimony about MM being over at the trailer to pick up SD. No real fingerprint, blood, hair or semen evidence, and no weapon evidence... And even if AD testifies, what weight will that have?

Sorry to be so negative, but I feel this thing slipping through the cracks. And this is in no way a slam or a negative criticism about/against LE. It's just not there. Maybe I would feel better if I could have "been there" via live streaming...

We know he did it, but does the jury? Based on what? -- we have to consider it in terms of the charge to the jury instructions. They can't & shouldn't convict on intuition and "probably."

This worries me.

I am worried as well, and just the fact that hes "wanting everything shown" is starting to make me wonder ....if he didnt actually kill her (which I think he did) what if there is another party involved , other than Momster, I dont want anyone free on this one! But on the other hand, they seem too stupid not to roll on everyone involved! I just know there is a missing link , I hope we find out TODAY!

I'm here hanging onto every tweet that comes in... even if I'm not posting often!

Today will be quite a spectacle I think, with that video.

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 1m

Also tell him they don't believe he's a bad person, truth oils save him and to think of his own kids who he loves

They tell McNeill what happens to monsters who hurt kids, go to prison: They don't survive." #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Detectives get upset about 20 min in Because McNeill is lying about having had the girl in his car #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

McNeill says he knows what he's there for, but denies having been at #ShaniyaDavis 's house or even knowing she exists #ABC11

Starts with McNeill wrapping phone call, detectives come in, he starts talking abt his own kids, life, showing pics #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Just wrapped first hour of McNeill interrogation tape. We will listen to all five hrs, per McNeill's request #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Nicole's twitter page https://twitter.com/NicoleCarrABC11

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 13m

Says he took her to hotel, dropped her off with ppl at Fayetteville dry cleaners. Denies killing her repeatedly #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

In second hour McNeill admits to having #ShaniyaDavis, says her aunt asked him to pick her up, she was on porch when he got there #ABC11

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 2m

Ahead at 4, another excerpt from interrogation,detective trying to get McNeill to say he killed #ShaniyaDavis. He repeatedly denies #ABC11
Expand

http://www.wnct.com/story/22249796/geologist-says
Geologist: Soil ties McNeil to site where Shaniya Davis found
The soil found in a Fayetteville man's car likely came from a rural location where the body of a 5-year-old girl was found more than three years ago, according to state analysts in court Tuesday.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9101976
Mario McNeill defies lawyers over interrogation tapes
Tension is mounting inside the Fayetteville courtroom where Mario McNeill is on trial for the murder of five-year-old Shaniya Davis.
Those tensions led to a courtroom exchange between McNeill and a Cumberland County judge regarding police interrogation tapes.
McNeill butted heads Tuesday with his defense team choosing to speak for himself. He told the judge that he wants the jury to see and hear all of a six hour long video tape of McNeill being questioned by detectives.

Heartbreaking that there isn't more attention to this trial. I check this thread a few times a day. I'm praying for justice for this beautiful little girl.

I have bee=n following this from the beginning and I have not commented in a long time ..I pray for justice for this precious child every day ..

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 15m
#ShaniyaDavis: Against advice of lawyers, Mario McNeill's taped police interview playing for jurors (by @FO_Futch): http://bit.ly/1446orf

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 35m
Judge tells defense he needs to know by Wed., state's close, whether McNeill will testify #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Expand

Nicole Carr Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 36m
Hair examiner with SBI testifies no pubic hair from anyone else detected in combing of #ShaniyaDavis 's body #ABC11

Expand

FayObserver.com FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 2h
Testimony: #ShaniyaDavis died from asphyxiation http://bit.ly/18wdJD5

Expand

Nicole Carr Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 2h
Tech did offer explan.for cases when he would be unable to match DNA, when too much or too little is present on sample #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Expand

Nicole Carr Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 2h
A number of unknown contributors were mentioned, but they'll remain unknown bc only #ShaniyaDavis and McNeill DNA were compared #ABC11

Expand

Paul Woolverton Paul Woolverton ‏@FO_Woolverton 2h
Medical examiner says #ShaniyaDavis likely died when air cut off by person holding hand over her mouth & nose http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/05/08/1255488?sac=fo.home …

Expand

Michael Futch Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 2h
Tedious morning in court for jurors as agent Jody West with SBI crime lab continued testimony regarding DNA analysis on items #ShaniyaDavis

from Cross Creek, NC Reply
Retweet

Favorite

More

FayObserver.com FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 5h
#ShaniyaDavis: DA says state's evidence in Mario McNeill murder trial may last through next Wednesday http://bit.ly/15N8vE5

Expand

Just curious do you know if her father has been to court to hear this case?

I have been riveted to this case from the start.
Bless your heart little angel :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

But as most of you know once they found our angel.
I did not trust that this case will be solved justly....
I did not trust anything LE was doing. I know NC wanted to keep a hush on such bad story.
My instincts told me that it is going to be botched up, and I DID say it from the start.
I still do not like that Mom was let out of jail, after handing over an angel to a monster. But I do hope she will hang him.
I trust this case even less now that I am reading it. I do not need to post much, I said all I can say long time ago.
SAD, sad situation.

PRAYING FOR JUSTICE FOR SHANIYA....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
somegirlinsf