NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, 11/10/09 TRIAL THREAD

I am worried as well, and just the fact that hes "wanting everything shown" is starting to make me wonder ....if he didnt actually kill her (which I think he did) what if there is another party involved , other than Momster, I dont want anyone free on this one! But on the other hand, they seem too stupid not to roll on everyone involved! I just know there is a missing link , I hope we find out TODAY!

MOO he wants the entire interview shown so that the jury will see some cooky behavior and statements to LE that may get them thinking he is mentally ill even though he claims not to be. A manipulation to garner possible sympathy and keep him from death penalty? hmmm

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=284849
Man Accused Of Murdering Shaniya Davis Demands Jurors Watch Entire Police Tape
The man accused in the kidnapping, rape and murder of a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl has gone against the advice of his attorneys and allowed jurors to see the entire videotape of his police interview.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9103739
Jurors listen to McNeill's police interrogation
Jurors deciding Mario McNeill's fate began listening to all six hours of his interrogation by police detectives Wednesday.

The only positive about the jury seeing all six hours of his LE interview/interrogation would be that greatly increases the odds of us getting to see the unedited version as well.

This is the first time I've heard about this case! I can't believe I didn't know about Shaniya when she first went missing! I just spent the past few hours trying to read up on her story and I am completely horrified by what happened and I am praying for justice as well! I am surprised the accused are even still alive, to be honest...

:Welcome1:

to

:websleuther:WEBSLEUTHS!:websleuther:
Danielle !!

:rollercoaster:

We are glad to have you with us!!

I followed this case for a long time but then drifted away a little when it took so long to come to trial. I'm glad the trial is finally happening, and hope justice is done for poor Shaniya. This case has stuck with me more than others for some reason. Just heartbreaking.

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 27m
Should defense present evidence in #ShaniyaDavis case, lawyer Terry Alford says it will take most of next week.

Expand
Michael Futch Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 30m
Mario McNeill agrees defense can waive last 58 minutes of 2009 interview with investigators that jury watched 4 hours of Wed. #ShaniyaDavis

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

More

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 44m
Defense unsure Wednesday if it will present evidence on behalf defendant McNeill in #ShaniyaDavis case. State says it needs to prepare.

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 40s
Judge addresses McNeill abt making decision to testify:"You should think long and hard before you make this decision." #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 1m
Defense will now take until 1 pm to decide whether to present a case. #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 2m
Judge denies all motions to dismiss all charges, previous denied motions. #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 10m
#Breaking: State has rested its case. Defense enters motion to dismiss all charges based on inefficiency of evidence.

Yes, he has been every day as far as I know but I'm not positive about it being every day.

Ima

Poor man.

I can not imagine having to sit there and listen what this monster did to my baby girl.

Judge addresses McNeill abt making decision to testify:"You should think long and hard before you make this decision." #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Is he thinking about testifying? It wouldn't surprise me at all, just wondering.

Is he thinking about testifying? It wouldn't surprise me at all, just wondering.

I am not sure he will. But then again, this a-hole is nuts.

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 6m
Interesting to see if McNeill testifies. He has proven to be different, evident by his allowing unedited interview to be shown

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 6m
The prosecution rested its case in the McNeill trial this morning after calling 44 witnesses to the stand since April 8. #ShaniyaDavis

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 8m
The judge has asked defendant Mario McNeill to decide if he's going to testify on his behalf or not by 1 p.m. today in #ShaniyaDavis case.

I am not getting McNeill. It is almost like he is begging to be found guilty in some weird way. I hope he testifies.

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 2m
#Breaking: McNeill will not testify. Defense will not present a case, therefore they've rested. #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Derek Rowles ‏@DerekRowles 38s
#BreakingNews -- Mario McNeill will not testify, defense will not present a case .. Closing arguments begin Tuesday #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Is it unusual for the defense NOT to present a case??

Even though he isn't testifying... they have no witnesses or evidence they want to get out there??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarrickuk
Back