aggravation phase #9 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Jodi thinks the tape of herself winning prison idol would be helpful .. If I was Nurmi I'd almost suggest it, purely out of spite in retaliation for the Fox interview.

:floorlaugh: He just might. If they play that tape to that jury tomorrow, they may just execute her on the spot.

I wonder if Jodi thinks the tape of herself winning prison idol would be helpful .. If I was Nurmi I'd almost suggest it, purely out of spite in retaliation for the Fox interview.

:floorlaugh:

Trying to catch up on the evening shows. Every time I think I'll try to watch JVM, she plays the sex tape. Why is she still playing that thing?? It's disrespectful and unkind to those who love him IMO.

I hope tomorrow the Alexander family can feel all the love and support we are sending.

hope that doesn't sound too cheesy, you all know what I mean.

Jodi has never expressed remorse for killing Travis because in her twisted mind he "deserved" to die.

Does anyone think she will apologize tomorrow?

I don't, no. And, if she does it won't be I'm sorry I killed Travis and hurt his friends and family with their loss. It will be I'm sorry because I didn't want to hurt Travis and his family airing his dirty laundry. The fact the jury doesn't buy this will not be important.

Teresa

Mrs Norris
I brought this over from the last page because I thought it was worth repeating
Thank you for posting it.

Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris
OH interesting .. Dr Phil working with Arias' mom, so expect her on there. Remember the 'Foundation' the Anthony's had which disappeared after the payment from Dr Phil .. yes, it may happen here http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipag...as-faces-death you can listen to this show later guys via this link ..
:seeya::seeya:

I'm going to bring this over from the last thread.
I hear what you're saying about using this case a social commentary and I appreciate that conversation; I'm also looking at what you're saying about Travis and CMJA.

IMO the narrative we were force fed was/is largely still through CMJA and her defense team which clearly is not credible and very tainted if not completely tainted. Travis was honest with her, he made it very apparent that she was NOT "The one" and their relationship was purely sexual. They were both free to go elsewhere. No problem there but she stalked him and maintained that she didn't go elsewhere as she used her ex boyfriends to plot his murder all while maintaining she hadn't engaged in other types of sex, etc. etc. It had to be pulled out by Juan. She was dictating an image of herself which was false and dictating an image of Travis which was false.

She tried to play the innocent virginal victim of Travis until she was backed into a corner forced to admit she wasn't really raped and pretty much enjoyed it all. I think if she had not made the sex stuff into a big deal to begin with and acted like the grown woman that she is instead of a cowardly murderess, there wouldn't be so much extra outrage at her strategic ploy to use sex.

And I think there's a social commentary somewhere in there. Women should not be discriminated against for sexual prowess. But we cannot use our feminine sexual ways to flip on men when we decide we're done with them and want to send them to jail or ruin their lives and when we want to play victim (unless we ARE a victim!).

Eta: Also, the only time I ever hear anyone talk about "sanctifying" Travis is when people are saying "Travis shouldn't be sanctified".
I don't think he's being "sanctified". He's being talked about with the respect and dignity he's was robbed of when murdered and throughout this trial. Just being talked about like the good human being that he was.

Originally Posted by WindyCityGirl
Thanks for your commentary. Again, it isn't an US vs THEM issue for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am just expressing how I responded to the details in this case.
My point was more in keeping with a societal commentary.
I found it interesting that Travis's sexual indiscretions weren't seen as offensive and Jodi was demonized as a nymph and a *advertiser censored*.
The black and white thinking was objectionable to me.

I am capable of finding Jodi guilty but don't need to sanctify Travis in order to do so.
It seemed like the collective opinion was that the demonic murderous *advertiser censored* killed this sainted guy. Black and white thinking that has sexual overtones. Travis didn't deserve what happened to him. The overkill spoke volumes LOUD AND CLEAR that this wasn't about self defense but about rage and cruelty.
He wasn't blameless in their relationship though. (which in no way implies that he deserved anything bad to happen to him)
I think that he was hypocritical. I think that the media portrayal of Jodi and the comments on the internet that I have read indicate that we as a society are hypocritical too. I am looking at this trial as more of an interesting example of social commentary in the area of gender and sexuality. That was my point.

I don't, no. And, if she does it won't be I'm sorry I killed Travis and hurt his friends and family with their loss. It will be I'm sorry because I didn't want to hurt Travis and his family airing his dirty laundry. The fact the jury doesn't buy this will not be important.

Teresa

I don't think she will. Maybe that's why she's using religion per her tweets.:seeya:
In case she does decide too

Where is everyone? Did they get lost?

Sorry, I stopped at Whataburger.

Now I gotta throw up. Greasy.

Kidding. I only dreamed about the Whataburger....

But I do wish I had one right now.

If I hear that song one more time... :stormingmad: :banghead: :furious:

Seriously.

I wonder if there will be tears on the public side of the gallery tomorrow with the defense mitigation witnesses. So many have been shed on the other side for so long.

I'm going to bring this over from the last thread.
I hear what you're saying about using this case a social commentary and I appreciate that conversation; I'm also looking at what you're saying about Travis and CMJA.

IMO the narrative we were force fed was/is largely still through CMJA and her defense team which clearly is not credible and very tainted if not completely tainted. Travis was honest with her, he made it very apparent that she was NOT "The one" and their relationship was purely sexual. They were both free to go elsewhere. No problem there but she stalked him and maintained that she didn't go elsewhere as she used her ex boyfriends to plot his murder all while maintaining she hadn't engaged in other types of sex, etc. etc. It had to be pulled out by Juan. She was dictating an image of herself which was false and dictating an image of Travis which was false.

She tried to play the innocent virginal victim of Travis until she was backed into a corner forced to admit she wasn't really raped and pretty much enjoyed it all. I think if she had not made the sex stuff into a big deal to begin with and acted like the grown woman that she is instead of a cowardly murderess, there wouldn't be so much extra outrage at her strategic ploy to use sex.

And I think there's a social commentary somewhere in there. Women should not be discriminated against for sexual prowess. But we cannot use our feminine sexual ways to flip on men when we decide we're done with them and want to send them to jail or ruin their lives and when we want to play victim (unless we ARE a victim!).

I think WindyCityGirl has a pretty darned good point. Your response is reasonable, but she does have a point about social double standards with regard to gender bias where sexuality and labeling is concerned.

:banghead: I wish they had split screen while Dr. Horn was on the stand today.

Sorry, I stopped at Whataburger.

Now I gotta throw up. Greasy.

Kidding. I only dreamed about the Whataburger....

But I do wish I had one right now.

I've never had one. Are they good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members