penalty phase #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has an amazing resemblance to her room at the grandparents house. :D
lol. Yeah, she really moved 'up' in the world, didn't she? Hope she enjoys wearing a prison jumpsuit for the rest of her life. No wonder she'd rather die.

What about the hand the Alexander siblings were dealt? I don't think any of those have become murderers. Choices were made. Right choices. Wrong choices. Jodi chose wrong

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

It is just as Travis said...Your character and the path you walk.

Jean Cesarez said she saw no tears from the jury. They were strong and didn't shed a tear. Even though she's said time and time again she doesn't sit close enough to the jury box to see their reactions.

So she told the truth as she knew it but completely out of context. Then she said two of the male jurors wouldn't make eye contact with Steven/Stephen. How would she know that? :rolleyes:

Beth Karas said several of the male jurors were crying.

Who do I believe?

Guess.

Beth just said they did NOT cry.

According to the tweets I saw, Jodie and counsel never came back from lunch. The witnesses were finally ready, but the bailiff announced that there would be a delay...

Then Jodi is finally there, two and a half hours later, looking high as a kite, and the judge dismisses the jury.

No, they came back from lunch and even went into chambers.

Counsel is still in chambers. hWilds stomach is working double time trying to digest that incredible burger extravaganza. #Jodiarias

hWIld thinks he just saw Darryl Brewer walk out of chambers. Looked like him from hWhat hWild remembered of him. #JodiArias

Willmott just darted out of chambers to her desk to get her phone and now is darting back to chambers. Zzzzzz #JodiArias

They are clearing the courtroom for everyone except family. Great, heading back out to the hallway now. #JodiArias

Was just informed we were going to adjourn for the day. Deputy said we could go back in for 5 mins to dismiss the jury. #JodiArias

I must be dense. Is tomorrow a holiday ? Why a 3 day weekend ? TIA

Beth Karas just said that the jury didn't cry. stonefaced. thought that was a "SCARY" sign for CMJA, that the jury has already, 100%, made up their mind. DP all the way.

Except that conflicts with multiple other reporters who said they did see jurors crying.

Does anyone have a guess about why her sister, brothers, father, mother, grandmother, or even her buddy, Donovan won't be giving a statement? It seems pathetic that she has to reach way back in her past to find anyone who will say a good word about her.

I'm only guessing but I think the parents aren't testifying because Juan can bring in their police interviews if they say anything on the stand that would contradict what they said in the interview e.g. Her mom saying Jodi had the fantasy about having a horrible childhood. I'm also guessing her dad is too frail to testify.

I just got home and recorded hln because I wanted to see Travis's sister and brother speak out. Why in the world was prisoner #2013 crying? Like she was part of the family or something? I heard that even the jurors had the dignity not to cry, which had to be hard. You could feel the anger that the Alexander family has toward prisoner #2013. It's going to take a long time for them to heal. Their family rock is dead.

According to the tweets I saw, Jodie and counsel never came back from lunch. The witnesses were finally ready, but the bailiff announced that there would be a delay...

Then Jodi is finally there, two and a half hours later, looking high as a kite, and the judge dismisses the jury.

She looks like shes on valium or ativan..
[video=youtube;D-JirN7uJyc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-JirN7uJyc[/video]

After the verdict..life or death will JA immediately be taken to prison or death row..or will she return back to jail for a period of time?

I read somewhere that she will be taken directly to the state prison when trial is finally over. No more cushy Estrella Jail but straight to the state prison where things will not be as nice, if you can consider county jail "nice". :jail:

We know she is going to prison because she's already been found Guilty, we just have to find out if it's for Life or DP.

I'm going to have to agree with it being Travis' Day.

I'm sorry for the Alexander family, the jurors, the Court, and everyone else put out by the delay whatever the cause may be.

I don't think this helped JA. I think it hurt her position more.

This gives the jurors even more time to reflect on Travis, what kind of person he was, how much he was clearly loved, and to reflect on the words that his family so profoundly and passionately offered to them and to us. These words, and the seeing the strength it took to say them, the pain that they were trying so hard to hold back, every tiny nuance, will stick in the jurors minds.

Come Monday, anything said on Monday will be a fog. It may make it utterly useless once the jurors have processed everything, yet again. A full process, to pin point just a little thing that could be overlooked when rushing along.

Travis didn't take over for anyone. Steven and Samantha deserve the credit and recognition for standing up in court today...on their own...with the support of their family.

I took that statement to mean that Travis took over and helped them stand strong...helped them thru this very difficult part of all of this...helped them express how they felt to all of us...thats how I took it.

Camille Kimball ‏@CamilleKimball 40m
As I left the courtroom, #JODIARIAS was talking mitigator. She seemed animated/positive, in contrast to her face today otherwise.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I don't think this is anything to do with a witness....I think it's poor wittle Jodi having a headache or some sort of meltdown with her attorneys. But, I've been wrong all day, so don't listen to me lol.

I agree that "migraine" is probably the culprit however, I'm also wondering if JA is being a drama queen and after hearing the family's impact statements, she is claiming she doesn't want to put up any witnesses, knowing the judge will grant her time to think about it. Come Monday, she will be back to wanting to have her witnesses put on. She just likes to exert control and knows the judge will bend over backwards to make sure there is no reversible error.

I was wondering the same thing. What could he possibly have to say? He comes from a nice area. But do you think he will fly back today and come back on sunday on his own dime?

nope. The defense pays for witnesses to testify if it's to keep their client off of death row. No way are they doing this on their own dime. And ya wonder why the bill is so high to defend the murderer.

Maybe a verified lawyer can confirm -- but that's my thought on how it works. Same for the State -- few witnesses do this for free (well, except for the A's and their VIS's). They are not treated as witnesses AFAIK.

MOO

Mel

Generally one must go to a strip club to see artwork of that quality.

You made me spew my drink all over my phone! :nono: :giggle:

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members