penalty phase #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
So guys, really: what do folks gain by going psycho on this Patti person? I'm sorry, I just don't get why she is catching all this flack for doing what she believes to be fair. We don't have to agree, but seriously wth is it with this aim for public lynching anyone and anything remotely connected to the killer? I have shared on other trials with you and I have never, ever seen so much vitriol. Makes me super sad. :(

Seems to me they can't win. Damn if they do, damn if they don't. I am NOT, repeat, NOT trying to start an argument and I am not "posting at someone" so to speak. I love and respect all of you and your opinions. This trial has just really showed me a side to WS I hadn't seen before, and it has me sad and boo :(

Peace and coffee, y'all.

I could care less about Patty or Patsy or Pammy. The horrifying way she killed Travis and her lies about domestic violence and worse, that Travis was a pedophile, has earned me the right to despise her,

Excuse me if I have such hatred for her that it runs over onto anyone connected to her. I wish I did, but I don't know how to be any other way

These poor juror's are treated so badly. I can't even imagine being in their shoes. The judge talks to them like they are robots, not humans. How much more can they take?

In your frustration, don't miss the absolute beauty of today. Today, Travis spoke and ONLY Travis. For whatever reason, JA knew she could not touch that. It was a reverent thing to watch Travis' siblings stand for his honor, integrity, and character today. To me, today was sacred in so many ways. I am grateful that events ended up to make this day miraculously all about Travis today. No one else got to take that away. The jury will go home thinking about who Travis really was. When they come back Monday, JA's stuff will seem pretty cheap in comparison.

Today, was a day just for Travis. It is a long time coming.

I think you are pretty amazing. :) Thanks for that!

In your frustration, don't miss the absolute beauty of today. Today, Travis spoke and ONLY Travis. For whatever reason, JA knew she could not touch that. It was a reverent thing to watch Travis' siblings stand for his honor, integrity, and character today. To me, today was sacred in so many ways. I am grateful that events ended up to make this day miraculously all about Travis today. No one else got to take that away. The jury will go home thinking about who Travis really was. When they come back Monday, JA's stuff will seem pretty cheap in comparison.

Today, was a day just for Travis. It is a long time coming.

Exactly! They have all weekend to think about Travis and the love his siblings have for him... I think the DT made a very big tactical error in doing this because it's going to work against them (like everything else they've done!)

Give me a 2 min lead before you read this post...

I am really starting to feel pretty miserable delighting in Jodi's demise here. Her own mother wont testify, and she has some pretty sad representations of friends defending her life. Maybe she really has be handed a crappy spot in this life...

AND that's exactly the DT play here folks... dont kill the girl, she hasnt had love or happiness like the rest of us. Our mother's would be there no matter what, our friends would shine their faces in a million candles for us. None of us have ever behaved a cruel as she, she doesnt get my sympathy for one moment. We have choices, she chose to be the most selfish person in the world.

we do not know that CMJA's "won't testify".
I'd be willing to bet CMJA won't let her mother testify.

I am lost about the reason for this delay. What information do we have about this?
What has happened? Please?

According to the tweets I saw, Jodie and counsel never came back from lunch. The witnesses were finally ready, but the bailiff announced that there would be a delay...

Then Jodi is finally there, two and a half hours later, looking high as a kite, and the judge dismisses the jury.

Maybe he's afraid if he doesn't testify that Jodi will reveal that he is the owner of the, ahem, "member" in the photos?

:floorlaugh: You beat me to it!!! It looks like he would at least admit that that photo was of him and own up to it!

Its not so much the judge called it a day
But she could have told the jury to leave at lunch and come back Monday
No-they left them in a room for 1 1/2 hrs-THEN told them to go home

Is it true Juan is writing a book...I saw a post up thread that said so

Not sure if this was posted, but I enjoyed seeing the cell.

Corey Rangel @CoreyABC15
f198b684-611b-4126-a25a-f67671d49158_500.jpg
Just given look inside the cell where #JodiArias is kept.http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKa5_E0CQAAj8He.jpg

This has an amazing resemblance to her room at the grandparents house.

:D

Does anyone have a guess about why her sister, brothers, father, mother, grandmother, or even her buddy, Donovan won't be giving a statement? It seems pathetic that she has to reach way back in her past to find anyone who will say a good word about her.

Steven was serving our country in the military.
Samantha serves our country as a police officer.

What big brother would not be bursting with pride? Steven closed by saying he hopes to make Travis proud one day. I am here to tell you, and I'll shout it from the roof tops, Steven, Travis was ALWAYS proud of you!!!

He gets to cross the witnesses? This is going to be downright beautiful. I'm lighting candles for Travis and his beautiful family tonight, as well as Juan and Flores who have put so much blood sweat and tears into getting justice for Travis.
Bet little miss womack is gonna have a hard time with our Juan.. you can bet he knows all the things we do.. and more. PW was on Dateline March of this year.. per BK. I'm gonna find it online and watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilcat
..... a gentle, beautiful soul....like Travis....
my Dad died 14 years ago ..... he was 75...my mom 77...
Dad's last words to my Mom was "forever young..."...he smiled and died...not making this up...
40 days later my Mom died of a "silent" heart attack - they had been together 51 years....
there was a double rainbow the morning my mom passed...I see rainbows everywhere now....
thanks for the song...
OH MY GOD WE'RE BACK...

thank you for sharing your story, confirms there is such a thing as a broken heart. :seeya:

basilcat, what a beautiful love story, thank you for sharing it with us :blowkiss:

I caught the throat-slitting gesture from JA after the impact statements and the jury was excused. It was so quick, I couldn't be sure. I DID know she was crying (REAL tears, for once) and there WERE tears on her neck, so she could have been wiping them. Except ... hmmm. I got up to do something, thinking about it and then decided to pretend I had cried and had tears on my neck. I reached up to wipe them away. The first impulse is to use the back of one's hands, because that is the most efficient. If that wasn't a good idea for whatever reason, one could use the fingers (multiple) to catch the wetness. Then I tried it with the back of my thumb, THE WAY JA DID IT. It was VERY unnatural, and the only way I would do that would be if my thumb was my only usable digit.

Even so, I waited to see the video on YouTube and, yes, she DID use her thumb. Again.

That WAS yet another throat slitting gesture on her part. She can't help herself. She is about to be sentenced to die, most likely. She has just sat through listening to the family give heart-wrenching impact statements, yet she just HAS to send devious threats and/or wishes/insults to whomever she is directing them to (JM usually). She has NO redeeming qualities. None.

I would LOVE it if JM was able to show the jury a montage of all the covert messages JA has sent, the way she steals pencils, the way she gets in trouble for contraband in her cell, etc. I know he can't do that, but one can daydream.

:floorlaugh: That sounds like the perfect antidote to this farce.

This is driving me insane, I can't even begin to imagine what the jury and the family feels. I'm going to have a Magnum ice cream bar and a Xanax. lol! I pray for the Alexander's sake this will be over on Monday.

Y'all.. the paper bags are her fancy schmanzy luggage for her big move. I bet she spends all weekend monogramming them.

o_O

Beth Karas just said that the jury didn't cry. stonefaced. thought that was a "SCARY" sign for CMJA, that the jury has already, 100%, made up their mind. DP all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173