penalty phase #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
ummm.... as a true bleed cubbie blue fan...there's always next year..:twocents:

my ex-husband and I still do a pool as to the date that the Cubs will be mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs.

He 's a die-hard. I married into it.

Many fun afternoons at Wrigley back in the day

I read somewhere that she will be taken directly to the state prison when trial is finally over. No more cushy Estrella Jail but straight to the state prison where things will not be as nice, if you can consider county jail "nice". :jail:

We know she is going to prison because she's already been found Guilty, we just have to find out if it's for Life or DP.

I really don't care now if she gets DP or LWOP. I would hate for her to get DP and then play up every automatic appeal that they say she'll get. I almost would rather her be stuck in LWOP with no hope for the limelight in the form of the appeals process.
Maybe it's better that she has nothing.at.all to work on, to look forward to, no reason to interact with attorneys. Just nothing and just alone.

I like JA's current digs.... no TV, no cellie, one hour out a day....

I'm not sure I think JA was "handed" a crappy spot in life. She chose to leave home at 17 because she did not want to follow the house rules set down by her father. I don't think she ever got over all the younger siblings and that she was no longer princess Jodi. I doubt her version of abuse and neglect. JMHO of course. :)

Originally Posted by TartLemon
I agree Jodi has been handed some pretty crappy spot in this life, but it was Jodi who CHOSE to accept them.

Too bad she CHOSE to brutally butcher the one person who recognized any value in her and willing to invest in her to understand she could change.

I will not diminish Sandy Arias.

Her friend wanted to take the stand wearing a paper bag over her head...roflmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I caught the throat-slitting gesture from JA after the impact statements and the jury was excused. It was so quick, I couldn't be sure. I DID know she was crying (REAL tears, for once) and there WERE tears on her neck, so she could have been wiping them. Except ... hmmm. I got up to do something, thinking about it and then decided to pretend I had cried and had tears on my neck. I reached up to wipe them away. The first impulse is to use the back of one's hands, because that is the most efficient. If that wasn't a good idea for whatever reason, one could use the fingers (multiple) to catch the wetness. Then I tried it with the back of my thumb, THE WAY JA DID IT. It was VERY unnatural, and the only way I would do that would be if my thumb was my only usable digit.

Even so, I waited to see the video on YouTube and, yes, she DID use her thumb. Again.

That WAS yet another throat slitting gesture on her part. She can't help herself. She is about to be sentenced to die, most likely. She has just sat through listening to the family give heart-wrenching impact statements, yet she just HAS to send devious threats and/or wishes/insults to whomever she is directing them to (JM usually). She has NO redeeming qualities. None.

I would LOVE it if JM was able to show the jury a montage of all the covert messages JA has sent, the way she steals pencils, the way she gets in trouble for contraband in her cell, etc. I know he can't do that, but one can daydream.

I saw it too. I believe it was directed at Samantha. Samantha finished her victim impact statement, the Judge dismissed the jury, the jury left the courtroom. Then, as Arias was still standing she did her very purposefull throat slash across her neck from ear to ear with her thumb. I saw this on azcentral, then much more clearly on HLN TV. They replayed the victim's impact statement on azcentral and they cut before the throat slash.

Jean C said on HLN TV that after Sam made her statement that Sam made direct eye contact with Arias and Donovan and "shot daggers with her eyes" directly at each of them. It was after this that the Arias throat slash came. NO MERCY, NO LENIENCY!

Jean C and Beth K said there were no tears from the jury during the statements. Jean saw this as a good sign - the jury was not going to base their decision on emotion, which is what the jury instructions require.

paper bags??????

is she making masks for her friends to wear when they testify?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:silly: too funny! that was good scorekeeper!! :floorlaugh:

JVM's microphone in the jail looks like a feather duster.

That's one of the benefits of the DP, MEM -- if JA gets DP, she will be on death row where the cells are single cells, they are in their cells 23 hours a day with time out of them for showers and walking around in a barred but open-air exercise cell which is not much bigger than the actual indoor cell. Their meals are brought to them, as are phones. So they are in isolation. And since she may have to wait 20 yrs+ for that needle, she will essentially be in solitary for her entire sentence until she gets strapped down for The Big Sleep. DP'ers do not mix with any other prisoners, including fellow DP'ers.

This made me smile. Big, big grin

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Not to be silly but I think of details....Hopefully not TMI but I don't think I could actually go to the bathroom in jail until it became an involuntary thing! LOLOL I need my privacy, not only visual but audio too....I wonder if she or any of the inmates cover up with a blanket over their heads when they use the loo? Sorry but I am so fascinated by the actual living arrangements in jail and prison...I cannot imagine....

I'm going to half to agree with it being Travis' Day.

I'm sorry for the Alexander family, the jurors, the Court, and everyone else put out by the delay whatever the cause may be.

I don't think this helped JA. I think it hurt her position more.

This gives the jurors even more time to reflect on Travis, what kind of person he was, how much he was clearly loved, and to reflect on the words that his family so profoundly and passionately offered to them and to us. These words, and the seeing the strength it took to say them, the pain that they were trying so hard to hold back, every tiny nuance, will stick in the jurors minds.

Come Monday, anything said on Monday will be a fog. It may make it utterly useless once the jurors have processed everything, yet again. A full process, to pin point just a little thing that could be overlooked when rushing along.

I wouldn't bank on a lot of testimony on Monday, I seriously doubt the delays are over, many more excuses to come and for some reason JSS is quite willing to go along. It is time for JSS to put her foot down and demand all these delays end, stop coming up with stupid junk that just keeps getting denied. Since the lawyers wanted off the case and got denied, is anyone really surprised by this afternoon's waste of juror's time ? JMO - we are just at the beginning of a series of delays brought on by the DT. Wilmott and Nurmi will be working tomorrow to think up some more. This is beyond ridiculous and will continue until JSS gets a grip on the situation. Little murderer is in no hurry to head out to the big house.

Not sure if this was posted, but I enjoyed seeing the cell.

Corey Rangel @CoreyABC15
f198b684-611b-4126-a25a-f67671d49158_500.jpg
Just given look inside the cell where #JodiArias is kept.http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKa5_E0CQAAj8He.jpg

I didn't know that Sheriff Joe offered matching sacks of luggage?! :seeya:

In all seriousness. I have been following along forever! I did not know Travis, but I love him and his whole family. I have NEVER in my life (and I've had quite a long life) seen a trial like this that has affected me the way that this one has. It is horrific, and as we all know, there have been many horrific trials on WS. But this one, I just can't get it out of my head.

Not to be silly but I think of details....Hopefully not TMI but I don't think I could actually go to the bathroom in jail until it became an involuntary thing! LOLOL I need my privacy, not only visual but audio too....I wonder if she or any of the inmates cover up with a blanket over their heads when they use the loo? Sorry but I am so fascinated by the actual living arrangements in jail and prison...I cannot imagine....

If I got LWOP, I'd be constipated the rest of my life.

We don't have to agree, but seriously wth is it with this aim for public lynching anyone and anything remotely connected to the killer? I have shared on other trials with you and I have never, ever seen so much vitriol. Makes me super sad. :(

Seems to me they can't win. Damn if they do, damn if they don't. I am NOT, repeat, NOT trying to start an argument and I am not "posting at someone" so to speak. I love and respect all of you and your opinions. This trial has just really showed me a side to WS I hadn't seen before, and it has me sad and boo :(

Peace and coffee, y'all.

Sometimes I feel that CMJA is supernatural in her malevolence. It almost seems to be a living thing that emanates from her.

Almost everyone who knew CMJA and Travis backed away from her because there was "something" about her that was hollow and frightening. It took less than 5 months for Travis to begin to really sense it.

CMJA is malignant and that is what is causing these ferocious responses to her and to all who protect her.

JMO

Watching JVM showing same jail cell as JA's. She said nothing in the cell the prisoners can hurt themselves with. I saw sheets, can't they hang themselves with sheets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilcat
..... a gentle, beautiful soul....like Travis....
my Dad died 14 years ago ..... he was 75...my mom 77...
Dad's last words to my Mom was "forever young..."...he smiled and died...not making this up...
40 days later my Mom died of a "silent" heart attack - they had been together 51 years....
there was a double rainbow the morning my mom passed...I see rainbows everywhere now....
thanks for the song...
OH MY GOD WE'RE BACK...

basilcat, what a beautiful love story, thank you for sharing it with us :blowkiss:

Basicat that made me tear up. My grandparents were also married over 50 years, and my gram went first, grandpa would call my mom (his daughter) and tell her how that she was sitting beside him, even describing what she was wearing, family members were worried, but my mom said that who is to say she isn't there with him? Sadly grandpa died less than a year later. I like to think my gram was there to comfort him, and I think the spirit of Travis was with his siblings today, and he is proud of them.

imo the jury has had two days end big and all about ta. yesterday ended with the two min reminder and today with his siblings. these closed hearing delays are annoying but i think the judge is making sure there are no appeal issues. not a lawyer jmo.

She was not crying. I got my magnifying glass out to look at her close-up shots and there is no liquid coming from her eyes or nose. She is getting better with her facial expressions... But no tears.

Your right I should have said her version of crying, which is no tears or nose running or the way most people cry. Definitely pretend crying.

OT/

Will have to remember it was Mazda who put Dick Fosbury and Baba O'Reilly in the same commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millerx3