penalty phase #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
tears would indicate that they were very moved by the victim impact statements.....a lack of tears would indicate to me that they are more stoic and considering the whole picture.
Truly, given that this is the state of AZ and the fact that they reached a verdict indicating cruelty quite readily I think that she is going to get the DP.

I know a lot of folks here think that is the answer and I can see why you would feel that way. It is just so horrible. I struggle with the concept of the DP. In general, I am against it.
I think that they will arrive at a swift conclusion in favor of the death penalty after we hear about Jodi's life. We already heard way more than we needed to know when she was on the stand...chatting about working at this spa or resort and even her sexual preference.
Unbelievable.

Beth Karas just said that the jury didn't cry. stonefaced. thought that was a "SCARY" sign for CMJA, that the jury has already, 100%, made up their mind. DP all the way.

Wow no wonder juror 8 went out and had a few too many. I think I would probably be carrying a flask in my purse after this roller coaster of a trial. Or wear one of those bras that you can fill with wine and sip it through a straw.

oh WOW where can I get one of those!! :floorlaugh: opening a bottle of Velvet Red as we speak!!

Maybe the defendant needs a long weekend to work up a plan on how to show remorse...practice ya know...

I was listening to the TH's on HLN today and they were saying the only thing JA can do for herself is to get on the stand, admit to what she did, show remorse and ask for their forgiveness and grace. And then take the chance that maybe one juror might take pity on her.

That was like a lightbulb going off in my head. That is why she paid attention to the testimony today. She hasn't listened to any testimony other than her defense attorney's from the beginning. She has drawed, she has looked around, she has whispered. But she hasn't listened to one word that wasn't in her favor.

No tears either.

Yet during the aggravation phase, she avoided looking at the autopsy photos (something she looked at during the trial, something she admitted during questioning that she had a morbid curiosity about.) Yet during the aggravation phase, suddenly she couldn't look.

Then today is the tears. She paid attention to the family statements.

Could she be going to get on the stand and giving her version of "showing remorse?" (LOL I don't think she will pull it off, cause I don't think she knows what remorse is.) Could she really be planning to get on the stand and saying something like she didn't realize how much she would miss Travis? Or that she was sorry for what she had to do? Her version of remorse?

Wow! It was great to hear from TA siblings. I was in pain, true pain hearing them, seeing them and feeling them. Bravo I give it all to them - they did justice for their bro. I can see TA looking down on them and holding them up in this time.

That being said I am so mad at HJSS, JA, and DT. Today was so emotional, Steven was very clear, crystal clear the first time he could actually talk - he said I am tired of this trial, tired of this defendant, tired of these proceedings etc. He goes on how it has impacted him, his family. Very , very clear he wants this done.

So after pouring his heart out - what happens. Late start, and eventually court dismissed. I mean really - after we finally hear his words. I am sickened to my stomach, I am pizzed off, and I am disgusted and spent that this Court did this to him and his family. I have no words left that I can use without a TOS.

Except that conflicts with multiple other reporters who said they did see jurors crying.

I give props to this jury. They have been wrapped in this since Jan 2...JANUARY SECOND, and have never called in sick, never made excuses and have been forced to sit around for what is probably, all told, at least 3 days. If they didn't cry in court today I'm willing to bet some of them will tonight. Stay Strong Jurors.

Does anyone have a synopsis of what we know about Patty Womack?

Patty is Jodi's childhood friend. Jodi was her bridesmaid in 2004. Patty always sounds like she is HIGH on something, other than life.:drumroll:

Again, I believe JA wants to ask for the death penalty. That would be fraught with possible appellate issues, thus the loooong break and now the weekend. JSS wants to give JA time to think about her decision.

I think your right. After hearing the family, knowing she can't trump the heartfelt sympathy, she is going to manipulate herself into a martyr. Joan of ark takes the stand!

Anyone have a link to the impact statements? Croakerqueens sound is not synced up right and I get so distracted by that. Anyone?

They were never going to finish today though. Juan gets to cross examine the witnesses, they would've given closing arguments (with hundreds of objections and sidebars) and then the judge would've given instructions again. So it was never going to end today. But this waste of time pisses me off to no end!

speaking of the bold - forgot to post:

Nurmi's opening - 2 total objections / both overruled / 1 approach

Juan's opening - 8 total objections / 5 overruled / 3 sustained / 2 approaches

Did anyone notice Jodi "gulp" when 'no prior offenses' were mention???!! Yikes!

Is that Sheriff Joe on JVM? He's wearing a gold star.

yuck.jpg

...posting cuz not showing her face now is FUTILE!

But she is showing her stripes and the stripes that JA is going to wear for the rest of her life

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I hope Darryl's enlightens us how Jodi was so kind to give a DVD player to his son in June 2008.

I hope Jodi's friend, Patti, that calls into Nancy Grace speaks clearly as it is hard to understand her. Maybe it won't be 5 o'clock (somewhere) when she testifies via phone.

How could Jodi possibly impress anyone with her good deeds after what Steven and Samantha told us about their brother today? They have more courage in their little fingers than Jodi has in her whole body.

G-d bless Juan Martinez, Det. Flores, the Alexander siblings and family/friends.

God bless the Alexander family and friends for everything they have been through for the past 5 years. It was just heartbreaking to see and hear how much Travis's cruel death has affected them.

heartbreaking.......that's the word for sure :(..........i hope they find peace during the break and relief that they FINALLY got to speak for travis

p.s........i am soooooo behind reading here..........but had to say hello to the sausage king of chicago :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

and i LOVE your signature line...........

She was not crying. I got my magnifying glass out to look at her close-up shots and there is no liquid coming from her eyes or nose. She is getting better with her facial expressions... But no tears.
I just got home and recorded hln because I wanted to see Travis's sister and brother speak out. Why in the world was prisoner #2013 crying? Like she was part of the family or something? I heard that even the jurors had the dignity not to cry, which had to be hard. You could feel the anger that the Alexander family has toward prisoner #2013. It's going to take a long time for them to heal. Their family rock is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauraLew