SIDEBAR #3- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect Jodi is going to tell the jury that she forgives them for not understanding her.
I do not think she will show any remorse.
Jmo

She'll probably go on and on about her wonderful qualities and talents until we all want to throw up.

I can imagine a lot of reasons that could explain her Mom not testifying (strategy, JA said no, issues on cross, or she may be unwilling to lie under oath) but I'm wondering about the rest of her family.

Where is this brother (older one) that supposedly backed her up on the abuse stuff to ALV? And said she was held at knifepoint by someone. If any of it happened why wouldn't he want to stand by what he has said? Even if he and the monster are estranged, this is her life and if there were anything that could be said about her childhood, good or bad, that might save her, you'd think a person would do it if for no other reason than that his Mother's heart is breaking.

Again - trying to apply logic where there seems to be none

I had a hoagie from Jersey Mike's once, it was pretty close to the real thing, just enourmous. I don't get green peppers on cheesesteak, I do get sweet peppers and onions.

What is the difference in the peppers??

BBM - this made me chuckle. I thought she was a professional photographer and that was her passion? How come tracing ads from a magazine can be a mitigating factor, but they conveniently left out her talent as a photographer.

Oh, maybe because of the photo of her killing Travis? Can they be any more obvious!

MOO

Mel

I think he meant "con-artist"...

Sorry, not buying it. She's had 5 years to show some remorse and has not. Suddenly she's going to find some in 9 short days after hearing his family speak? Come on. Steven and Samantha touched all of us, but Jodi is a different kind of human.

Human in DNA only.

Bless you heart! I just lost it when I read this - it's chitlin', lol!!!!! :floorlaugh:

Sorry to quote myself, but I see the convo was about cracklins, my bad. Still it was cute! :blushing:

BBM - this made me chuckle. I thought she was a professional photographer and that was her passion? How come tracing ads from a magazine can be a mitigating factor, but they conveniently left out her talent as a photographer.

Oh, maybe because of the photo of her killing Travis? Can they be any more obvious!

MOO

Mel

The "art" she is going to display will be designs for DV t-shirts, and the argument she'll give for why her "art" should save her life is that she'll use her "art" to help others. Not even this inmate is deluded enough to think the jury gives a dang about her tracings.

Not from St. Louis, lived in southwest MO (SGF area) for many years but spent tons of time in St. Louis and still catch as many Cards games as possible on the internet. I would sure love a trip to the Majestic on the corner of Laclede and Euclid right about now...best Greek food ever and they use to have a little waitress there by the name of Rea - spitting image of Carla from Cheers ! What a town St. Louis is! Love that place.

Oh that's funny...we ate there a couple weeks ago....I love their Greek Salad:seeya:

Is it true that anyone who speaks on Jodi's behalf will be subject to cross-examination by JM? I can't imagine that JA really wants to be questioned by Juan again. How about the childhood friend, Patty? Doesn't sound like she's much of a character witness herself, so how would she hold up under Juan's cross?

She'll probably go on and on about her wonderful qualities and talents until we all want to throw up.

I keep envisioning Nurmi keeping her up there until the end of the month...droning on and on.

I have this fantasy that she is going to fess up to the murder and tell everything as a last ditch effort to keep her off death row.

I'm so glad u said that! I have the same fantasy! For her just to spill it, confess to whatever was going on with her!
But I don't know if she's capable.
I think she might believe she is or was the victim here.
That's why I think she will tell the jurors she forgives them.
I have a family member very similar to her and my family member simply cannot fathom anything outside of her own personal way of thinking. And no matter what awful things my family member does and has done, she always cries for herself, which is always a manipulation, trying to convince us she is the victim.
Jodi is so transparent to me.

I have this fantasy that she is going to fess up to the murder and tell everything as a last ditch effort to keep her off death row.

First, there probably isn't much about the murder Dr. Horn and we don't already know.

Second, if Jodi Arias says it, it has about .0001% probability of being true.

Third, she's still going to Death Row because she's earned it.

Whatever sentence she gets she will never go away, she has the rest of her life to continue to appeal, to give interviews, to get one of her tame minions to tweet for her or to pass information to the media as and when she chooses,

if she is locked in a prison cell for 23 hours a day it just gives her more time to make plans for her next move.

she knows that for the foreseeable future her life will be in prison, but I think she finds prison easy, she enjoys doing things that pass the time such as painting and writing, she has a seeming endless supply of people wishing to visit and give her "donations",

I think she truly deep in her heart believes that one day she will win the war and gain her freedom, this first trial was the first skirmish and she is in for the long haul

she will get a copy of the trial and she will read each and every word over and over again until she can recite huge chunks verbatim,

Unfortunately for the family of Travis she is going to be forever reminding them of the horrors of what she did to Travis, constantly besmirching his name, and there is little to nothing anybody can do to stop her,

Ok, yes I am from California, but I swear that the best pizza I ever had was from Papa Murphys which is a take&bake chain. They have these multi-layer pizzas that are the bizzomb :) :blushing:
Can you imagine how good it would have been if you had a wood fired brick pizza oven? That's part of the secret touch. Does sound mighty good tho ... that or I'm about to go into missing real pizzas hysterics too.

I know I'm getting close cause this is starting to look like an oven to me :fence:

:tyou: Totally agree....when we lived in Houston the first thing we would do when we came home was get pizza, White Castle and Steak n Shake. St. Louis pizza is THE BESTEST!! Now I made myself hungry!!
My husband's from St. Louis, and that's exactly what he does!

When Jodi takes the stand and if she chooses to drone on endlessly the Jurors will kill her. Literally :please:

Hi segue! Another GRrrrrrr fan, eh? He's something else - crusty yet cuddly. I told Mr. M. that you and Sleuth are also fans so he said that if we get to meet him, we should have him autograph a couple of rolling pins for you both... stay tuned!

Heck, while I'm here, this one's for you:

Falco - The Sound of Musik - YouTube

Hi Viv! Thanks for my Falco :seeya:
I bet Mr. Ramsey is a total Teddy bear when hes off camera (and not in a kitchen lol)

Oh that's funny...we ate there a couple weeks ago....I love their Greek Salad:seeya:

I am soooo green with envy :floorlaugh:

Glad to hear they are still in business, they've been there a long time and it has been at least 5 years since I last stopped in.

I dont think she should have even the smallest luxury of those colored sheets...jmo...she should have dingy old white scratchy sheets...:twocents:

Ha ha ha - how about burlap sheets?

Pink sheets aside, I do get satisfaction seeing how short that *mattress* is. Her feet undoubtedly hang off the end & touch the cold steel (unless she sleeps curled up in a ball all night), and that pillow looks like it's seen better days. She probably wakes up with a 'crick' in her neck every morning. The only thing that would give me more satisfaction is if I found out that she hates that shade of pink lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard