5/20/2013 - Police holding press conference - "detailed updates."

Put a group like Anon or some hackers on the encrypted emails and they just might be able to figure them out. jmo

Police say Susan Powell's brother-in-law was 'heavily involved' in her disappearance as they reveal that Josh had an affair in the months before his wife vanished
Susan Cox Powell's brother-in-law Michael Powell suspected in 'helping her husband Josh get rid of the body in his car'
Michael Powell, 30, lept to his death in Minneapolis, Minnesota in February

Was known as a strong supporter of his brother Josh - who killed his two sons Charlie, 7, and Braden, 5, with a hatchet before blowing his house up in February of 2012 in Graham, Washington
That shocking incident came after the unsolved disappearance of his wife Susan in 2009 - after a family camping trip
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ffair-months-wife-vanished.html#ixzz2Tu2iVSzU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thanks for the tweets and links everyone.

So Josh Powell aka John Staley was fooling around behind Susan's back. He was one conniving, sneaky demon! Can you imagine how that woman must have felt when she learned the truth about him? Susan was working her behind off to support her family and he gave the other woman 800.00 over time? What a !!! GRRRR!!!!

Utah police close missing mom case after 3 years
GENE JOHNSON, AP
2 hours ago

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (AP) — Josh Powell reportedly had an affair just months before his wife disappeared and his brother may have been "heavily involved" in getting rid of her body, Utah police revealed as they announced they couldn't solve the sensational case.

The West Valley City Police Department on Monday opened its books on the investigation of Susan Powell's 2009 disappearance, after several years of second-guessing about why they never arrested her husband. Josh Powell killed himself and the couple's two young sons in an explosive house fire in Washington state last year.

The tens of thousands of pages of documents, photographs and video, and interview notes and voice mail messages the department released depict an investigation that focused from its earliest days on Josh Powell. Detectives doubted his bizarre story that he left his sleeping wife at home in the middle of the night to take the boys camping in the Utah desert during a snowstorm, and they questioned his odd behavior in the days after the disappearance...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20130521/US-Missing-Mom-Utah/

Just when I thought Josh Powell couldn't repulse any more than he already has, he manages to do it again.:banghead::banghead: And that is one amazing feat, considering he's dead...

And now we know why Michael Powell jumped off of the building. It wasn't just over the money...

Just wow...

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

DNews Crime Team ‏@DNewsCrimeTeam 31s
#WVC police: Powell relatives who rented recently searched land in Oregon had no involvement in Susan's disappearance #FindSusan

Andrew Wittenberg ‏@KSLAndrew 38s
Josh and Michael did not speak with anybody about events of December 2009. Both have now committed suicide. #findsusan

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow 25s
"With both Josh and Michael committing suicide, many of the details have left this world with them," #WVC PD says. @fox13now

McKenzie Romero ‏@McKenzieRomero 19s
#WVC police: Michael Powell was suspicious, uncooperative, defended his brother. DNA in Michael's junked car was not Susan's #FindSusan

Peter Samore ‏@kslpetersamore 28s
Powell: found Michael's abandoned car in OR, but no DNA evidence of #susanpowell. Michael was last focus on disappearance.

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow 57s
Michael Powell spoke with his brother over the phone and with encrypted email, #WVC PD says. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah

Thanks for doing this Cheese.

I'm not convinced that "Josh and Michael did not speak with anybody about events of December 2009. "
I'm pretty sure daddio knows exactly what transpired.

Encrypted email - more suspicious even than before.

What really saddens me too is that Josh spent $800 on another woman, I'm suspecting she was a prostitute.The obvious hurt is betrayal of marriage, but there is also the fact that he could have been putting Susan more at risk. And, it seems so sexist.... wasn't he basically telling Susan she could barely have enough money for groceries for the boys.

And, he started to withdraw money from her retirement account only 10 days after her disappearance.

I think they had more than enough to charge Josh Powell. There have been other cases won with no body (Hans Reiser) and with circumstantial evidence.

Thanks for the tweets and links everyone.

So Josh Powell aka John Staley was fooling around behind Susan's back. He was one conniving, sneaky demon! Can you imagine how that woman must have felt when she learned the truth about him? Susan was working her behind off to support her family and he gave the other woman 800.00 over time? What a !!! GRRRR!!!!

I'd almost bet my life on it that woman was prostitute given the so called "dating site" ads. And, that would have been $800 in less than six months. One article said she last saw him two months before Susan's disappearance.

We have ruled out Steven Powell's direct involvement... but we do believe he may have at some time gained some knowledge.

I think it's more like they couldn't rule him in, not that they ruled him out.

Anyone have a clue when the documents should be released? I don't see why they didn't go ahead and do it in conjunction with the press conference.

I'd almost bet my life on it that woman was prostitute given the so called "dating site" ads. And, that would have been $800 in less than six months. One article said she last saw him two months before Susan's disappearance.

time, I agree with you! This info causes me to rethink the alleged sighting of JP at the strip club on Mon. after he took the boys on the 'overnight camping trip'. I wouldn't put it past him if he drugged the boys and left them asleep in the van. Josh had a secret life and was a snake in the grass, IMO.

Even in death JP pizzes me off. #*##%*&^%@!!!!!

I am thrilled that they are releasing all of the evidence. For the sake of Susan's family, I hope she can be found. They've suffered so much...

time, I agree with you! This info causes me to rethink the alleged sighting of JP at the strip club on Mon. after he took the boys on the 'overnight camping trip'. I wouldn't put it past him if he drugged the boys and left them asleep in the van. Josh had a secret life and was a snake in the grass, IMO.

Even in death JP pizzes me off. #*##%*&^%@!!!!!

I hear ya... I just cringed when I heard he had been on the "dating site" and was giving that woman money. It hurts to think how much he must have degraded Susan and made her life so difficult - and the boys. Then Susan had his creepy dad to deal with.

BBM - UGH, after realizing he couldn't give money for groceries but could fulfill his needs, I hate to think what he has done both before and after Susan was murdered.

Anyone have a clue when the documents should be released? I don't see why they didn't go ahead and do it in conjunction with the press conference.

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but this link is supposed to be updated with the documents as they're released.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=25263938&nid=148

I hope one day Susan is found and laid to rest with her babies. :(

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/national_world&id=9111276

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah -- The lawyer for the family of missing Utah woman Susan Powell said Tuesday that even as local police close the active part of their investigation into her disappearance, federal authorities continue to review the case - a claim that was denied by the U.S. Attorney's Office in Salt Lake City.

Anne Bremner made the announcement at a Seattle news conference a day after local officials in Utah said they had closed their active investigation into the Susan Powell case.

"This is not over," Bremner said.

and

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/susan-powells-dad-gets-private-eye-review-file

SEATTLE (AP) — Police say they've taken their best shot at finding missing Utah mother Susan Powell. Her dad is hoping a review of the newly released case file — containing tens of thousands of pages — might turn up something the investigators missed.

Chuck Cox told reporters Tuesday in Seattle that a private eye has offered to help comb through the records.

I hear ya... I just cringed when I heard he had been on the "dating site" and was giving that woman money. It hurts to think how much he must have degraded Susan and made her life so difficult - and the boys. Then Susan had his creepy dad to deal with.

BBM - UGH, after realizing he couldn't give money for groceries but could fulfill his needs, I hate to think what he has done both before and after Susan was murdered.

time, it makes me want to cry. Susan was growing her own garden to save money and working her butt off bicycling to work and back home and trying to save her marriage and retain/rely on her faith. And Josh was philandering and giving another woman money?! Creepy just like his dad!!!

Josh Powell was the personification of evil!

time, it makes me want to cry. Susan was growing her own garden to save money and working her butt off bicycling to work and back home and trying to save her marriage and retain/rely on her faith. And Josh was philandering and giving another woman money?! Creepy just like his dad!!!

Josh Powell was the personification of evil!

Yeah, it's all creepy to the max... esp given Michael may also have been involved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back