Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flinders HLN is a commercial network therefore money comes from advertising revenue. Arizona tax payers pay for the trial, pay prosecution and defence lawyers (and experts) in this case.

Commercial Network... You got that right...:banghead:

Hope CMja is ready for a new home and a bleak future.

I know she still isn't sorry for what she did, and needs alone time to process it. So be it.

"Oldest female inmate may be granted parole by Arizona Gov. Brewer"

"As she walked out of the courtroom that found her guilty of first-degree murder, Smithey shouted, “I'm not going to prison! I'll kill myself! You watch!”

Now, nearly half a century later, Smithey walks with a cane and has coped with breast cancer."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...na-gov-brewer-article-1.1114640#ixzz2U0WHWT2l

:eek:fftobed:

Jodi has all the time in the world to be "articulate" by thinking up her next move in a jail cell. She will NEVER show remorse for killing Travis because in her mind, he MADE her do it. And lots and lots of Death penalty cases go up for appeal every year... Jodi's will as well. She will still sit in a cell 23 hrs a day, instead of being able to infect gen pop with her rancidness. Let her sit there, through WHATEVER appeals she gets. She's still not out there doin interviews, and she can grow old and ugly without all of us, OR the Alexander family having to see her on the 10 o'clock news every other day. I could live with that.

Yes, I completely agree. And, by the way, by the time of her appeals, she will have spent a lot of time on death row, and her appearance will have gone down quite a bit, as someone else on here mentioned. She will start to LOOK like the killer that she is. IF it gets to a point where, God forbid, there is a whole new trial....well she will have aged quite a bit and generally not be in good appearance...kind of like when we saw her the day after Murder 1 verdict. The jury will take one look at those pictures of Travis, and come back with the SAME verdicts this jury came back with.

"She said it with a lot more effect."
-The Convicted Killer about her cousin convincing her to fight for her life.
Well, a rock could speak with more effect than you... so that isn't saying much.

I know she still isn't sorry for what she did, and needs alone time to process it. So be it.

"As she walked out of the courtroom that found her guilty of first-degree murder, Smithey shouted, “I'm not going to prison! I'll kill myself! You watch!”

Now, nearly half a century later, Smithey walks with a cane and has coped with breast cancer."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...na-gov-brewer-article-1.1114640#ixzz2U0WHWT2l

Jodi is way to vain to get old. After the cameras are gone and she's all alone, ( hoping that she WILL be) it wouldn't shock me at all if she actually did kill herself... Yea, she's a narcissist, but what good is that without an audience? Good riddance. Great article though.

"Are you enjoying the attention, for the record?" :giggle:

Her new favorite words:

Suppressed
Perspective
Document

Yes, I completely agree. And, by the way, by the time of her appeals, she will have spent a lot of time on death row, and her appearance will have gone down quite a bit, as someone else on here mentioned. She will start to LOOK like the killer that she is. IF it gets to a point where, God forbid, there is a whole new trial....well she will have aged quite a bit and generally not be in good appearance...kind of like when we saw her the day after Murder 1 verdict. The jury will take one look at those pictures of Travis, and come back with the SAME verdicts this jury came back with.

She is already showing signs of that. And if her mom and granny are any preview of what is to come (sorry, but really?) then shortly she will just be another woman on death row, with NO redeeming qualities and NO more media appeal. The only person who doesn't realize that Jodi is eatin up her only 15 minutes is Jodi. In 3 months, we will ALL be crazy about another case and she will be getting old and ugly in a cell. Now let me go brush my hair and put on some blush. lol

:eek:fftobed:

I totally disagree with the bolded part. She is sorry she left the camera behind. She is sorry she kept the recipts for a tax write off, and she is sorry she left her palm print in Travis' blood. :drumroll:

I'm not an attorney but its my understanding that the appeals process won't center around a change in argument but rather legal errors that occurred at the trial level. She can't, as far as I know, choose to change her story in the legal sense, unless wrapped around those errors. She can argue things like ineffective counsel; media hype; the rulings of the court prior to sentencing; lack of sequestration; the aggravating factor not being sufficiently proven or mitigating not sufficiently presented, etc.

JMO

Is it just me or what, because I"m confused as to how an appeals board can possibly know the breadth of a case that was 5 months long? I mean, the jurors have been there day in and day out, they have seen Jodi up close and looked at her and listened to her. So IMO you're right, it would have to be some legal technicality, but even then how can they know the context? For example, if Jodi tries to say the witnesses were threatened....how can the appeals board know Jodi's manipulative ways, and that it could have been Jodi orchestrating these supposed death threats with her "friend" felon Donovan? I'm not understanding how an appeals board can get all of that information? I guess I should ask on the lawyer thread. And as for "ineffective counsel," I mean, is it really ineffective if they're forced to do what Jodi says, and what Jodi says is stupid and dumb? How is that ineffective counsel and how would the appeals board know that context?

JMO
Out of the whole family, the father is who I feel the worst for. He seemed most genunine in the LE interview, and I sensed his frustration with having to raise Jodi and then realized she just got into serious trouble of the worst kind. I sense he did the best he could with her.

Based on the actions in the courtroom and outside the courtroom of the other family members, well.....lets just say I have not seen them display proper etiquette and I dont think they showed the Alexander famlly any respect.

I agree with you completely Hatfield. Jodi's father was the first to speak about Jodi's mental issues as he went before her mother in the interrogation room. He acts appropriate in the court room. His face, holds a lot of emotion in my opinion. He seems like a kind but sad man who tried to provide for a family who has fallen around him. Even the business he created is failing becuase of Jodi. There has been absolutely nothing hinky in his behavior before her arrest like the mother (moo) and nothing since then.

I hope that his grandchildren bring him some kind of peace. I hope they turn out better then Jodi sans the problems her sister had. I don't beleive Jodi has genuine emotion even for her family. I've heard her talk about her Dad's illness like it's in his head. "He "thinks" he is going to die and has thought so for a long time and is still here". The man can't even be sick in peace. Nothing is sacred.

For Jodi's father I hope the same as I hope for the Alexander family. Jodi shuts up, the attention moves away from her and he can take the life he has left and find some kind of happiness with the family he has left.

when she held up that t-shirt in court, I think that sealed her fate to death row!

Is it just me or what, because I"m confused as to how an appeals board can possibly know the breadth of a case that was 5 months long? I mean, the jurors have been there day in and day out, they have seen Jodi up close and looked at her and listened to her. So IMO you're right, it would have to be some legal technicality, but even then how can they know the context? For example, if Jodi tries to say the witnesses were threatened....how can the appeals board know Jodi's manipulative ways, and that it could have been Jodi orchestrating these supposed death threats with her "friend" felon Donovan? I'm not understanding how an appeals board can get all of that information? I guess I should ask on the lawyer thread. And as for "ineffective counsel," I mean, is it really ineffective if they're forced to do what Jodi says, and what Jodi says is stupid and dumb? How is that ineffective counsel and how would the appeals board know that context?

I agree about the witnesses being threatened. Juan had a perfectly good explanation, that went on the record, as to why PW wasn't able to testify, and it had chit to do with being threatened. As far as DB, the DT never made a case for him, other than that they were gonna take their ball and go home bcuz the judge didn't see things their way. So, imo, they can't play that card now, cuz Juan had All of that mess pegged from the jump.

And just to add to that, guess what? If you, and I'm lookin at you Dr. Samuels and ALV choose to use a high profile case in attempt to further your own careers, then maybe you should actually check the character of who it is that you are actually testifying for. We live in a world of social media and instant gratification/demonizing. Maybe you should of hedged your bets better, cuz this is the age of the internet, and if you bet on the wrong horse in public, you better damn well know that people are watching. And yes, those same people that you were hoping would buy your bullchit and your silly books. Tough luck. I don't have your schoolin, or CV, but I know that much...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua