Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think it is likely the verdict will not come back until after Memorial Day? They needed 15 hours for guilt....maybe twice as much for DP/Life.

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure we'll get it this week. :dunno:

ITA. If it's not back in the next hour or so, it will be next week, and I will not be at all surprised if it's a hung jury.

Wow, hit a nerve here. Yes I am a parent and my daughter is doing just fine and thanks for asking.
Ok 8th grade. I can think of about 6 things I would do.
None of which is calling the police.

:floorlaugh: No nerve hit here. Just want to point out to you that you can do all those 6 things and then what do you do? What if you do 20 things? You've posted many times about how Jodi needed help and didn't get it (in your opinion). Sometimes people have to do the hard things. JMO

I'll post from here since JA's friend was a topic.
What really stood out to me, one of another JA Lie told during her allocution <sp?> was when she told the Jurors that her friend did want to come to testify in person BUT she couldn't because both her and her 9 year-old daughter have been threatened if she does.

I was shocked that she was allowed to say that, and if the judge didn't know that was coming she had a duty to tell the Jurors that what JA said is NOT the Truth. She might even have told them that this friend was even allowed to give an off camera, even off audio, to all the way to Sealed testimony only for the Jurors to see. As it turned out JA got to Lie to the Jury w/o anyone following her words. I just don't understand how it was allowed

I couldn't believe that nobody, not one of the many attorneys on HLN mentioned this. I think that was the most Important, possibly an effective Lie told to the Jurors, certainly more than the Lie about 100% of the Proceeds from the T-shirts going to Dom.Violence Org., which was ALV's originally, but now they are refusing to be connected.

Here is a paste direct from her website:

The Survivor T-shirt

Jodi has asked me to post details of the new “Survivor” t-shirts pictured below.

A portion of the profits generated from the sales will support other survivors of domestic violence, and go to Non-profit Domestic Violence organizations selected by Jodi.

The t-shirts will look similar to the following examples:

The t-shirts are available right now, and cost just $15.00 with free US shipping only. For Canada please add an extra $5 for shipping. Also note that no returns or refunds are accepted.

============================================
Another thing I gotta say. How is it that the Alexander Family rightfully have not been allowed to give any interviews during this Trial, and can't until its ALL OVER, yet JA can ?????????
Why has this judge allowed this?, while deliberations are on-going.

Personally, I believe a fitting Punishment for JA is to ban her from giving Interviews. Just like a Parent would punish a child by taking away something they like.
I won't get into all of it, but this judge had given the DefTeam virtual run of the court and trial, and now look how they are spinning it.

I agree 100%, especially about the judge lifting the ban. I too questioned immediately why the judge would lift the media ban for JA BEFORE the punishment is selected/trial is over. The judge had JUST issued the ban a few days after the first degree murder conviction came down but then turns around a week or two later and lifts it before the conclusion of the trial? Makes absolutely no sense.... Could there be some appellate issue that she (judge) came across that she was worried about that if she didn't grant JA access to the media BEFORE the final conclusion/end of trial then it might set JA up for some kind of grounds for appeal down the road? I'd like to think not, but I can't see -logically- why else the judge would lift the ban that she just issued.

Well, I listened again to Juan Martinez speak, bummer right :) I love his voice! I guess I did misunderstand him. Life, out in 25 years does not apply to LWOP. So guess I'll be making chiles rellenos, but not tonight. I sure hope this jury comes back with a verdict of death. CMJA is pure evil !!!!!

I thought I heard it as you did - actually I hope the jurors think that way don't want her out in the next 20 years and go for DP! :drumroll:

What time is dinner?

I liked Troy's interview and wanted to clap for the camera man keeping that long angle so her stripes showed the whole time but that ABC interview rocked it. I couldn't help but grin when Ryan said something like"you're never gonna tell the truth about that night are you" she goes, "I don't know what you mean, I already told the truth" he mumbles something like "um okay" lmao! Finally!!!

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

GUYS! Just relistening to Stabby: Every time I've had the thought of committing suicide, the thought of those ppl sitting over there stopped me.

Too bad the thought of committing premeditated murder didn't make her stop to think of her family. Too bad indeed.

Good Morning/Afternoon WS Friends. I am sooooo glad to be here with you all.
Yesterday was frustrating beyond words trying to log in to WS. It's a relief to be back to normal, whatever that is.

Watching the Jodi interviews and realizing that woman has not an iota of humility, shame or regret. I have never wished the DP on anyone until Jodi. The world will be better without this creature in it.

:floorlaugh: No nerve hit here. Just want to point out to you that you can do all those 6 things and then what do you do? What if you do 20 things? You've posted many times about how Jodi needed help and didn't get it (in your opinion). Sometimes people have to do the hard things. JMO

Sorry, I don't follow your thoght process here??

LWOP is no parole, ever. Life is parole eligible after 25 years. Looks like you're whipping up some delicioso chiles rellenos!

I have used index cards this way for a long time. I always lose flimsy pieces of paper in my purse. 3x5s fit perfectly in one certain pocket of my purse and are sturdier.
However, I will add a T to the corners now, great idea!
And, yes, as much as I am stunned by JA and her continued sideshow, THANK YOU for the reminder that this truly is ALL ABOUT TRAVIS!
JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS! :please::please:

This is why I believe CMJA says she feels betrayed by the jury. For CMJA this trial was always about her. For CMJA this trial only happened because she was the victim, not Travis. She even took the words of the true victims' family and made them about her. She's pure evil! I agree with you, this is all about Travis!

Quick question....

How is she still doing interviews? I thought the Judge put the kibosh on that with a gag order??

I have not read the whole thread, so am bumping this to see if it got answered. I am very curious about this too, as I saw myself the order saying the Sheriff was barred from presenting media offers/invitations (can't remember the wording) to her.

GUYS! And another thing. While walking the greys today, I was thinking about how we're all trying to figure Stabby out.

And I realized that for myself, I'm reacting to her like she's a normal, thinking, feeling human being. And she's not. She's just NOT.

I can't react to her like she was one of my normal chums. It put a whole new perspective on her.

Man, I sincerely hope someone studies her and we learn from her.

Someone this morning called her a highly functioning sociopath.

Don't you guys think this is what it would've been like had Eric Harris (Columbine) lived to be prosecuted? Talk about highly functioning sociopath. Yikes!

Thanks for being here. I don't know what I'd do without you guys and this place to discuss. There's no mob mentality here and I appreciate that!

I have not read the whole thread, so am bumping this to see if it got answered. I am very curious about this too, as I saw myself the order saying the Sheriff was barred from presenting media offers/invitations (can't remember the wording) to her.

The Judge lifted the media ban just after the jury got the case for penalty.

Hello all :seeya: I am at the cancer unit at the hospital. This is his 4th round of chemo.
I watched none of the interviews and I haven't read any posts today, but I am here waiting for Justice......with the rest of you.

Sending love and prayers your way, Rosemary.
(((((HUG))))))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member