Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm that only the foreperson can submit questions or that the foreperson must sign questions for the judge?

I am 99.99% sure that the judge said "You OR the foreperson can sign" yesterday.

Trying to distract myself....Watching some tv and posting here.

I feel like a fool. Why do I assume that most everyone on here is male? The few that I assume are female turn out to be male. :waitasec::dunno:

lol...on the threads I follow, about 90% of WSers seem to be female. Even the ones I thought were male. I just tried to think of the male WSers I know, and I came up with less than 10 names.

HLN keeps showing the video of Jodi chatting, smiling, gesticulating wildly, and openly flirting with a bailiff. She has no insight into the reality of this situation. With her perky ponytail today and last night's media blitz, JA really thinks that she is a rock star. I want to :puke:

HonesttoGod, that's why I'm not watching the tube. Who does she think she is? Gidget?? I just can't look at her anymore. She makes my head spin on its axis.

I heard the proceeding, and the judge said it was her understanding that they could not come to an agreement. I'm not the only one that heard it that way...no IF they could not agree but that they could not agree. Apparently at least some in the media heard it the way I did:

"After two hours of deliberations, the jury in the Jodi Arias trial informed Judge Sherry Stephens Wednesday that they were unable to reach a unanimous verdict on whether Jodi Arias should live or die -- but the convicted murderer could still get the death penalty."
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/05/22/what-happens-if-jodi-arias-jury-hung-0

The "what happens if" part is a media question, not what the jury asked.

I see people are still under the impression that this jury can decide the death penalty or life. Nope. They decide the death penalty, or they are hung. That is their only decision to make. If hung, another jury comes in, we go through this whole penalty dog and pony show again (even more so, as the new jury has to hear all the circumstances). Then that jury deliberates. THEN and only THEN if that second jury cannot agree on death does it go to the judge to decide life without parole or life with the possibility of parole.

That is NOT CORRECT at all.
[video=youtube;Qelamk2Q2Lk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qelamk2Q2Lk[/video]

From the judge's mouth during jury instructions: Ladies and gentlemen you will decide between life imprisonment or death. At 02:00 - 02:10. After the jury chooses life, then the judge can choose between LWOP or LWP.

Anyone remember who juror 18 is?

18.The Artist-Bald, attractive, glasses, 50's-60's, large build, holds his notebook on a binder as if he's going to sketch. He looks around the gallery a lot. I thought we met eyes a couple of times, but who knows, that room is so huge!
This guy also had a very intense gaze. He took some notes. He rubbed his face and tapped his fingers to his lips a lot. He wasn't the only one doing stuff like that, but I'll get into that in my notes.

Here is the actual question:

The jury sent a handwritten note on an official question form to the judge. It said: “If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”

It was signed by juror No.18.

Somebody needs to tell the media this info!! So, Juror 18 is the foreperson?

Yep that's the sitch .. keep not going shopping, have managed the main meals no problem, but as far as food for me when hanging around in the house goes there's nothing!

I'll scoop peanut butter and chocolate syrup onto a spoon and it's a delicious Reece's party of yummm.

In six minutes, the Moon leaves Libra to enter the Sign Scorpio.

Saving my seat.....Thanks to Mormon Attonery for talking me down. You always help me to a breath and not panic.. I see this as a split between DP or LWOP.

She needs to be stopped if she gets LWOP and continue to torment the Alexanders till the day she's dies. I can't imagine the hurt and anger if the Alexanders watched her last night.

Why be on a DP jury if you're not going to give her the ultimate sentence? Why waste everyone time? She was found guilty of murder one, she has no redeeming quality's, she's doubled down in continue to slam Travis and I see no end of it.

If they have a hung jury, I hope the holdouts rethink their decision after they see Jodi in those interview. To hear that I was being accused of betraying her. I'd feel terrible that I let the Alexanders down. And Revenge? No it's justice Jodi.

HLN says that they spoke with Arizona Corrections about Jodi wanting to start programs in the prison. AC stated that that will not happen!

:drumroll: . . . :drumroll: . . . And there you have it !

JA LIED to the Jury -- AGAIN ! Surprise Surprise !

This Jury KNOWS she is a liar ... so WHY are they going to buy all the LIES from yesterday ?

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

When the judge spoke to the jury did she not say she would give them some suggestions as to how to keep deliberating....or was I dreaming? And if she said that, did she then give them suggestions?

She did say that and did do that..but from the time that has passed did it do any good?
I feel some big fights goin on in that jury room...:fence:

As in another murder case:
" My daughter is missing, I have not seen her for 31 days"
lying and being somewhat charming gets killers off the death or Prison life seems like?

just watched an commercial here in England for specsavers-guy says goodbye Trevor (takes off plain glasses)says hello T Dog!(with new frames
made me cry

I deleted my post about the family crying

I agree with Tee-I heard the judge said

I understand you can not reach a um verdict

The family was heartbroken & started to cry

They would not be IMO if it was just a what if question...

Tomato, I think people are guessing it's him if he signed a written question to the Judge.

FWIW, here is the description of Juror #18 from the "observation" thread, for those who are interested;

18.The Artist-Bald, attractive, glasses, 50's-60's, large build, holds his notebook on a binder as if he's going to sketch. He looks around the gallery a lot. I thought we met eyes a couple of times, but who knows, that room is so huge!
This guy also had a very intense gaze. He took some notes. He rubbed his face and tapped his fingers to his lips a lot. He wasn't the only one doing stuff like that, but I'll get into that in my notes

wonder if he really is an artist..maybe hodi knew that and that's who she was stareing at maybe he liked her art and that's why they put that as a midagator(sp)

It was awfully early into deliberations for the Jury to state they could not be unanimous. Much work ahead of them :please:

I just keep remembering Juan this morning reminding the Jury. Life With Out Parole is NOT Life. It does not mean she will have to stay in jail until her natural born life ends. Willmott objected and the judge over-ruled her. He was not giving an improper statement.

That Survivor shirt she is peddling. If they giver her "lwop" she can put "of my own death penalty trial" on the back. Funny it doesn't say anything about domestic violence or anything as she claims the shirt is supposed to represent. It could mean anything to her. moo

Oh! Interesting! That makes a big difference, IMO.
And does that mean that Juror 18 - The Artist is the foreman?

The foreman should be the only juror signing things, so that is probably right.

Because the foreman signs, they always take a voice vote as well....

Is this your true and correct verdict?

That way all the votes are legally recorded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen