Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Lotus P. Print, I would think that there are 100's of folks in Oklahoma who would love to get some coverage, be it looking for a pet, or still missing people from the storms. How about some feel-good stories of real life heroes helping in Oklahoma, tons of better coverage right there without getting political!!!

The shelf life of the Oklahoma tornadoes tragedy on HLN was about 4 hours and that was only because CMJA's trial adjourned early that day so they had "free time" before evening programming. :facepalm:

ITA there's so much going on out there in OK, so many stories to be told, people need help, the town levelled, kids lives lost, but the community has shined bright.

I'm not sure HLN has covered any other story since January. Maybe the Boston Bombings got a few days. I remember when they were a "News" Station... sigh....

I can't believe all the interviews JA gave last night until almost midnight (if I heard that correctly). HLN said they asked but JA wouldn't even consider it. :floorlaugh:

You forgot pay taxes.

Actually you can chose not to pay taxes. It is a choice. Of course, they will haul your assets to prison for not paying but still...a choice. :floorlaugh:

RIGHT! The jury was probably still reading the instructions line by line to be certain that everyone is clear before they actually dliberate. This is a dedicated jury. They have invested a lot into this trial and clearly they take it seriously. They are not deadlocked, folks. They are deliberating.

But what is to deliberate at this point?

Death
LWOP
Life

Less than 2 hours left for deliberations. I hope a verdict comes before court closes today.

Just thinking - could the question be from the Jury just reading through the instructions and were just asking for direction on what would happen if that were the case? They'd not been deliberating for long....

That was my thought, as well. :blushing:

That would be good, but why bring in the attorneys, family and the media. That question could have been answered simply without all the fuss I would think. jmo
Well Travis' family and the attorneys would def want to be there, and if the media weren't there, they probably thought the speculation would go through the roof..... Yep, it did anyhow

I have the crud that everybody here at work has. We sound like a TB ward. Shots, meds, you name it. It just won't go away.

Well if any of them or you have small kids....that could be why. We were always sick when ours were in school.

I can't remember if it was one of the Hues or one of his family but someone talked about Travis believing very much in the Justice system and if Jodi did this to someone else what he would want. I remember the scales he had in his office, right in the middle of his desk and the photos of all of the vicious wounds he suffered. He SUFFERED. I can see why his family would want would they want.

I sat up all night and listened to all of her self serving interviews, her snarky snapping when someone didn't speak to her like she's a puppy. She will not get it, ever. I wouldn't care if she sat on Death Row for the rest of her natural born life it's the removal of her freedoms I want. No more interviews, no more singing to people and being the popular girl. Nothing but a cell. Travis is under the ground, nothing left but a slaughtered body. Ugh.. it just disgusts me how things work sometimes.

GUYS! Did you SEE the GMA guy? He actually asked Stabby a question about her fabrications. And then she called him a hater.

If more of the journos would approach her the same way, we'd see a whole less of her blapping (is that a word? no) her jaws.

I gotta find that guy's name and send him KUDOS!

I believe his name is Ryan Owens. Yes, his questions were awesome as was Troy Hayden's sarcasm !

Ok now that I have seen the actual question it sounds like they had indeed decided that they could not agree and juror 18 (foreman?) wanted to know how proceed. The judge calls them in and asks them to please try again and they go back and try harder, realizing how important it is that they come to a unanimous decision, seeing they may have given up too soon. They may now all be stating their reasons for why they have decided they way they have.

Either way, I hope they reach a verdict. It's just too important that all this ends and the Alexanders get back to their lives.

So, an hour yesterday and an hour today and they think about giving up? I smell a rat...

But now that I've seen some calmer posts, commenting that they probably just wanted clarification, I think I need to give them a chance. They're made two good decisions so far!

God's will WILL be done, so I'm leaving it in His hands, too. That's always my best bet. :seeya:

Now we're talking! Put her in carbonite and sell her to Jabba!

Jabba would be like: "Uh. Ya, thanks, but I'm gonna pass. i don't want that thing hanging around in here de-edifying my rancor pit."

I am getting paranoid here. Like with the CA trial.

I still have faith in this jury..even if it takes them till next week to get it right..I just need to show some patience in seeking final justice

An adenoid is a useless gland. I'm a useless man. Subtle distinction.

NONONONONO you saved us yesterday...that makes you a very useful man!

OP cites AZCentral with this information...

The jury sent a handwritten note on an official question form to the judge. It said: “If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”
It was signed by juror No.18.

I wonder if anyone is reading the above quote like I am...

If I read the above quoted information right, it looks like the question may be related to confusion as to the forms anddocumentation process in the EVENT they cannot reach a unanimous decision, RIGHT?

I mean it just doesn't fit with this jury giving up after just a couple of hours. IDK

Maybe they hadn't even started deliberating or voting... and were trying to make sure they were clear on the instructions prior to starting? I read it as a hypothetical question in the event that they can't agree, not that they have gotten to that point already.

I know it is playing monday morning quarterback, but JW spent a lot of time making the point they were making a choice to 'kill' Jodi. Do you think JM should have spent more time helping them to also see it as fulfilling legal justice for Travis, and that it was Jodi's actions and the consequences of those actions that would be the reason for death, and that they should feel justified in that decision, blah, blah, blah...

I guess my point is more time countering JW guilting the jury, and make more legal than personal?

Kat Westwood ‏@KatWestwood 4m

#JodiArias w/brushed hair and lip gloss on sits in front of cameras while #TravisAlexander lies in a wooden box 6 feet under. #SoWrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500