Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they have to go with another jury I think Juan will bring in more next time. Like interviews.

Each of us has to be born, or we wouldn't be here.

Each of us has to die some day.

Other than that there's nothing else we HAVE to do. Everything else is a choice, with consequences either way. We decide what consequences we are willing to accept and make a choice accordingly.

You forgot pay taxes.

Ugh was crazy busy with the work thing all day today and just now able to check in. I really hope the jury question was just for clarification and not an indication they are hung. Juror 8 on DD last night didn't seem to buy a thing CM was spewing I can only hope the rest of them feel as he does I so wish he was still on the jury.

So obviously we won't have a verdict today.....

Wonder if Jodi has some interviews lined up for tonight?

Ugh

You know she'd be willing if asked. Although...wasn't HNL the only media in the entire US that wasn't asked to come donate makeup and kiss her ring?

The day she asks to talk to HNL will be the day I'm convinced she's finally going to go away.

On the flip side, I can't imagine sitting and waiting to see if my child, the little human I gave birth to, my baby (he will always be my baby) that I held and rocked to sleep etc, was going to be put to death.

But you would have already spent many hours struggling over the fact that your baby had committed a horrible murder, & destroyed someone else's child & brother & friend...both of the families are in a terrible position, & they were both put there by the actions of the defendant.
& I don't think she gives a chit about her actions, I believes she's still delusional & thinks she's justified, she's a narcissist, everything revolves around her. Her family probably knows that better than anyone.

I just wanted to say that Jodi's name always reminds me of the pig demon from the Amityville Horror. The pig demon was named Jodi.

Ok now that I have seen the actual question it sounds like they had indeed decided that they could not agree and juror 18 (foreman?) wanted to know how proceed. The judge calls them in and asks them to please try again and they go back and try harder, realizing how important it is that they come to a unanimous decision, seeing they may have given up too soon. They may now all be stating their reasons for why they have decided they way they have.

Either way, I hope they reach a verdict. It's just too important that all this ends and the Alexanders get back to their lives.

I think that if I were a juror and we got replaced at this stage due to a hung jury... I'd feel very cheated. Especially if there was just one holdout. I would want to see this through if at all possible.

You know she'd be willing if asked. Although...wasn't HNL the only media in the entire US that wasn't asked to come donate makeup and kiss her ring?

The day she asks to talk to HNL will be the day I'm convinced she's finally going to go away.

I have to admit I got a kick out of her not doing HLN .. :floorlaugh:

It's possible this was just a run of the mill question regarding jury instructions from #18 and the judge read it as they were hung and called them in. Usually, jury questions are handled in chambers and sent back. That she called them in to answer them may have confused them until they realized they thought the question meant they were hung. It's also possible #18 thinks he could possibly not give her DP and wants to know what they should do if he decides that.

Just spitballing here because it doesn't make sense to me that this jury would decide after such a short amount of time that they were deadlocked.

don't give up hope!!

Wendi Andriano, 34, was sentenced to death two days later by jurors, who said the vote was 11-1 when they sent Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Brian Ishikawa a note asking him to describe the procedure if they were unable to reach a unanimous verdict.

http://murderpedia.org/female.A/a/andriano-wendi.htm.

Just heard on HLN that if a hung jury & new penalty trial, it might have to be held somewhere besides AZ. If so, We here in TEXAS would like to volunteer.

Yes Ma'am! Send her azz on over here and we'll get the job done!

Just heard on HLN that if a hung jury & new penalty trial, it might have to be held somewhere besides AZ. If so, We here in TEXAS would like to volunteer.

LOL, come on down!!! We'll treat you right. Feed you good BBQ and Mexican food, and hope we have courage to follow through on the promise made of giving her death. I don't think we'd disappoint the Alexanders.

Some jurors or people might give the "life is worse than death, death is too good, life means she sits there for 50 years"

Ok that is not a valid argument. Life without parole means she adapts in medium security prison, she has a social circle, decorates her room like a dorm (he said ITS a dorm in medium security) She has a TV in her cell/dorm. She goes to class and programs, its like a College Campus.

And YES I know it's prison but humans are adaptable creatures, she will make that a home and learn to do many things there.

Don't think I'm not torn with these things. I would like to say I want her in solitary cement block 6x4 room with no window and 1 hour outside every 2 days in direct sunlight in the arizona desert. Then back in. No books, no tv, no magazines just sit there. BUT I actually think thats cruel and unusual punishment.

I think the Death Penalty suits certain crimes. But I am on the fence with DP however if I said I could do it I would do it.

I would love to be able to keep her Life with No Parole and have some person therapist, be able to reach a person like her so that she suddenly had a soul. She suddenly felt extreme pain and horror at what she had done.

There is no way to do that. She is incapable of feeling. But that would be punishment. But if she had a soul she would not have done this most horrific thing.

(EDIT: i dont mean its not a valid argument, I mean, um? i don't like reading that?)

Hats off to Ryan Owens of ABC who hit a solid home run with his hard-hitting-no-softball-questions interview with Jodi Arias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant