Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ted Bundy fathered a child while he was on death row. Jodi could have a whole freaking Brady Bunch in there if she gets life. Think about that for a minute and you won't sleep for a month.

BBM IMO she would have "accidentally" gotten pregnant to try to force either Darryl or Travis to marry her. I am wondering if there could be some plumbing problems... and not in the males' departments...

Per Co Atty's office:
#jodiarias jury deadlocked in am
*Judge tells how2 proceed
*Jury hangs - Co Atty may pic new jury
*DP phase do over

***From Live Streaming site tweets.

So they've officially hung? Heartbroken.

You still have friends??? I lost all of mine during this trial :floorlaugh:

My friends either

1) believ I have lost my mind

2) Private message me during critical moments so no one knows they are addicted as well..

Now on HLN they say the jury is exhausted. Well at least they weren't sequestered. They aren't used to days with 5+ hours. They should

:werk:

We need a penalty decision!

Ted Bundy fathered a child while he was on death row. Jodi could have a whole freaking Brady Bunch in there if she gets life. Think about that for a minute and you won't sleep for a month.

Wait. Really??? Do they get conjugal visits on Death Row? I know some prisons allow them for married people who have a chance to get out of prison, but I thought people w/ life sentences or on DR aren't allowed? I also thought the prisoner had to be married or living w/ the person for a certain period of time. Yuck I personally don't think conjugal visits should be allowed at all.

I believe there has to be at least one holdout at this point; why not return a verdict yet?

BBM

Is that a laugh or repetitive use of correct pronouns?

For that double meaning, I give you a...

:clap:

I am choosing the latter...cuz I like the applause...:floorlaugh:

If Jodi lives, we have seen a sampling from her interviews and her appearance in court after the jury left the room today (the que sera sera) of how "not remorseful" she will be. I have never hated her as much as watching her have "a good old time" talking to the officer in court. I wanted to give her an ounce of compassion yesterday after her speech...but forget it!! If only the jury saw how she acted out of their presence.

Yeah, and that officer was just falling completely like prey falling in the hands of a tiger. I am just thinking that he must have spaced out during the whole trial b/c I SAW him sitting there day after day but apparently he didn't HEAR anything.

But what is to deliberate at this point?

Death
LWOP
Life

My dad faced killing a man once (physically.) He had every reason to, and no good reason not to.

He couldn't do it. He told me it was the hardest choice of his life.

These jurors feel the absolute weight of their decision. I sympathize with their duty, and I will stand by their decision. (Much as I may hate it.)

Cheesecake anyone?

Attachments

• DSC00086 (1024 x 768).JPG
    DSC00086 (1024 x 768).JPG
    272.9 KB · Views: 14
An adenoid is a useless gland. I'm a useless man. Subtle distinction.

Moral of the story............ You can take either out, with little to no consequence! Same difference! LOL :floorlaugh:

Now, what is this about a Lifetime interview? Geez, no wonder she had to do a pony tail today.

Yes, I would like to know how, if one is on DR, ala Ted Bundy, how they can have conjugal visits? if they aren't even supposed to touch family though plexiglass and all.

Remember all the things we know that the jury doesn't? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=513

So true gauntlet.
I know it's not right ... I wish the jury had a clue of the round of interviews and make-up demands, etc by JA.
She playing this jury ... Same 'ol JA ... Always playing the system & people, always manipulating and scheming.
JA is poison ... Evil to the core and without a human soul.

rule and "feeling sorry" for Jodi or her family or whoever instead of just doing their job. I hope there are strong and articulate jurors who can use the facts and jury instructions to convince that juror or jurors that they have to follow the rules as they had promised to do. It's hard for me to construct a logical argument that would have any of the mitigating factors the DT used overcoming the aggravating factor of cruelty. And none of the mitigators are in any way related to the crime so they are, of necessity, of lesser weight. In other cases, mitigators have to do with the actual crime and may have a person playing a less prominent role than another and use that as mitigation. Here, there was absolutely nothing the DT could point to that was related to the actual crime that was in any way mitigating.

I have unhappy that the DT put on no witnesses as that really inhibited what Juan could say and do in his closing. I think it was unfair that he was not allowed to argue lack of remorse and that there isn't an additional aggravating factor of maligning and disparaging the victim. The DT manipulated the process so there was a long time between VIS and deliberations. I just really hope there are serious jurors left who aren't burned out and who will take the time to walk holdouts through the facts and law so they can achieve a unanimous verdict.

couldn't agree more. it's very clear to me that whole thing was a big act and it disgusts me, but their whole case disgusted me.

jurors can go off the rails if they choose to. they can just say it doesn't feel right and that's all they need to say. if they dig in, they just do. i hope they don't in this case, but i'm prepared for it.

Jury Theory #1...

Everybody and their sister or brother (kinda unsure based on some user names) knows she will get the DP. Jury sitting here a few days away from a holiday weekend. Does any juror really want to wrap this up too quickly and have to schlep into work right before the long weekend? Hell no. They came back quickly with that question to get people distracted, especially their employers.

Let's get some legs under this rumor...maybe HLN will run with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500