Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question? Why do you all think the jury came back after just a couple of hours saying that they could not come to a decision?

i'm starting to warm up to the 'question on jury instructions' theory. and knowing it took scott peterson's jury over 11 hours to give him death makes me feel better. maybe they're not hung and the judge misunderstood the question? it's either that, or she was right. gotta be one of the other.

i'm encouraged that they're still out. tells me they're really trying.

Don't have all the links and can't get them right now because I am ellipticallling (word or not?!), BUT I have a theory about the jury's ? This AM:

If you watch the judge reading jury instructions on YouTube croakerqueen day 3 part 2 starting at 14 min (final jury instructions), she reads the paragraph quoted earlier in this thread about letting the judge know if they are not unanimous.

Then watch when the judge gives the final, FINAL jury instructions about the verdict form on YouTube croakerqueen day 3 part 4 (rebuttal and charge to the jury) starting at 10:44- there she describes three boxes for the jury to choose from to check for their verdict (death, life, or "no unanimous agreement").

iMO the jury was going through these instructions and realized that the first part said to tell the judge if they were not unanimous but the second part said to mark the box on the verdict form if they ended up not unanimous. They wanted clarification.

Also, someone earlier posted that they asked "at this stage" in the note to the judge - I think they meaty have meant "at this phase" - ie during the PENALTY phase ("stage") do they let the judge know if they are not unanimous as they would have done during the GUILT or AGGRAVATION phase ( verdict forms on those did not have a box for "no unanimous agreement" IIRC) or do they check the daggum box on the verdict form?

I think it is a very detail oriented jury and they stumbled upon the conflicting instructions about what to do IF they ever ended up in a position of not being unanimous. I don't blame them for asking for clarification.

Sorry if this is crazy with typos - hard to elliptical and type on iPad "contemporaneously".

This makes perfect sense to me, believe it or not! :seeya:

I'm going to go with your interpretation. :please:

I'm sure JA is thoroughly enjoying all of this...in her head is "I'm so popular that even the jury is fighting over MEMEEEEEEE"

Gauntlet I respect you very much! You are one of my favorite sleuthers!:seeya:

:blushing::blushing: Why thanks! That list was a lot of sleuthers effort. I justdid the copying and pasting to keep it tidy :seeya:

Oops, we weren't supposed to see this!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Vanity, thy name is Jodi.

I hope this is printed on the front page of whatever newspaper she receives in jail. She'll be mortified when she sees it. :floorlaugh:

I'm too sexy for my socks, to sexy for my socks...:giggle:

By the way...anyone take a look at Jodi's mess of hair today? Yeah nice uneven BANGS! Yet I'm sure she still thinks she's "smokin' hot." What an evil wench. I feel so sick about all this. :tears:

Rolled those bangs on her leftover "Life" plastic water bottle last night. Lol.

As long as the jury comes to a unanimous decision, I am fine with them taking time to deliberate. The only thing I don't get is that they have already found her to be a murderer, and guilty of aggravation as well. So I am surprised. There must be some serious and heated debating going on in that room!

I just want this over and done for the Alexander family. And selfishly, I would like to move forward too. I just can't until they let us kow they have a verdict.

I do not believe this judge would EVER sentence her to LWP. Nope, no way. So IMHO the 'best' she can hope for is LWOP. And those who think she'll be let out or will somehow escape to randomly kill people are just watching too many movies. She will be in maximum security.

Thanks button was not enough...I so agree.

I am getting so nervous: refreshing my iPhone every a few seconds for new tweets while reading here. I need some good distraction.

I wonder what demands Jodi has made for this evenings festivities? Sheriff Joe needs to be prepared! Special food? Massage? Mani-pedi? Happy hour drinks? :facepalm:

Oops, we weren't supposed to see this!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Vanity, thy name is Jodi.

Jodi is utterly ridiculous!! What man is going to see her as an attractive woman when her soul is made up of Travis' crime scene photos? Does she really think that all men want her, but would be turned off by the jail pants, chains & socks? Are you kidding me, Jodi? You are repulsive and revolting--and that's just your insides. Don't get me started on your 3HW pics.

I am not seeing the jury question as a concern. JSS called in the jury this morning to go over some ruling she forgot to cover about the life sentence. Shorlty after that the jury comes back with the question. It could be that they were just clarifying what she had already covered this morning, and she misunderstood it to be that they were hung.
IMO there is no way this jury that has worked so hard for five months is going to come back after two hours and say that cann't come to a verdicict. If there is a juror or two in there that won't even deliberate then I would think the question to the judge would of been "What do we do if someone refuses to deliberate?"
If they had come up with the question after a full day of deliberation, I could see the concern, but IMO no way would they come back "hung" after just two hours. They have worked to hard to give up that easily.

Don't have all the links and can't get them right now because I am ellipticallling (word or not?!), BUT I have a theory about the jury's ? This AM:

If you watch the judge reading jury instructions on YouTube croakerqueen day 3 part 2 starting at 14 min (final jury instructions), she reads the paragraph quoted earlier in this thread about letting the judge know if they are not unanimous.

Then watch when the judge gives the final, FINAL jury instructions about the verdict form on YouTube croakerqueen day 3 part 4 (rebuttal and charge to the jury) starting at 10:44- there she describes three boxes for the jury to choose from to check for their verdict (death, life, or "no unanimous agreement").

iMO the jury was going through these instructions and realized that the first part said to tell the judge if they were not unanimous but the second part said to mark the box on the verdict form if they ended up not unanimous. They wanted clarification.

Also, someone earlier posted that they asked "at this stage" in the note to the judge - I think they may have meant "at this phase" - ie during the PENALTY phase ("stage") do they let the judge know if they are not unanimous as they would have done during the GUILT or AGGRAVATION phase ( verdict forms on those did not have a box for "no unanimous agreement" IIRC) or do they check the daggum box on the verdict form?

I think it is a very detail oriented jury and they stumbled upon the conflicting instructions about what to do IF they ever ended up in a position of not being unanimous. I don't blame them for asking for clarification.

Sorry if this is crazy with typos - hard to elliptical and type on iPad "contemporaneously".

Actually, I like your thinking. Thanks. :seeya:

I don't think it's that uncommon for a jury to feel it is hung up at some point only to later reach a decision. I wouldn't get too exercised over it.

I'm into anything that has a numbing affect.

I saw my doctor yesterday and he said, "you don't drink, right?" I said, "No. Well, wait I can have an occasional drink, right? Cause I have this brother-in-law visiting soon . . ." He said that was okay. So I didn't tell him about this trial.

Time to hit the crazy rush hour traffic. Hopefully we will know something soon.

take care, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member