Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by SoSueMe, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nali87

Nali87 Well-Known Member

The conversations must be heated! :floorlaugh:

2. minazoe

minazoe Well-Known Member

you know it occurs to me that the folks who run prisons and jails are not so fascinated with jodi...jails and prisons everywhere are filled with women just like her....

remember bambi bembenek? the manson brides, susan smith, susan polk...

she's a run of the mill con artist, jodi will have many friends in prison, because in prison reality dosn't matter...people can chooseto beleive jodi for their own reasons, sort of like choosing to be straight when you know you are not...you can choose to go along with jodi's fantasy of innocence...even though you all know it's a lie. because everone in prison is innocent,

so who cares...

just get her outta here...

3. I Object!

I Object! Member

One of the interviewers from last night asked her about when Juan was cross examining her on the stand. When he asked about her not backing down from him, part of her answer included "because I was secure in MY truth"

You'll notice she didn't say she was secure in THE truth, just her truth.

4. leebee52

leebee52 New Member

I'm into anything that has a numbing affect.

5. Irisha

Irisha New Member

My weatherbug went off for SE MI. I'm in a basement apt. It must have thundered, it knocked this horrible dish tv out( back on ). 1 thunder that's all we got.

6. GreenEyesBlue

GreenEyesBlue New Member

Is that a claw foot?? Yuck!

7. rose222

rose222 Active Member

Thanks for this. I'm going with this line of reasoning till we get some major news.

8. The Farm

The Farm Well-Known Member

Question? Why do you all think the jury came back after just a couple of hours saying that they could not come to a decision?

9. RadarLuv

RadarLuv New Member

Vaping is soooo awesome and more gratifying, Love my ejuice!

10. Tenaciousdae

Tenaciousdae I digress...

Gauntlet I respect you very much! You are one of my favorite sleuthers!:seeya:

I cannot get over what the jury does know...
    Verdict 12 - premeditated M1
    Verdict 12 - Especially cruel

I'm might just be a little old school, like medieval old school. :blushing: I do not know the Alexander's, but they have demonstrated the nothing but the true definition being the of the salt of the earth, and I want nothing but justice for them. With everything that is happening in our society today, I feel strongly that every jury should know that they are responsible for setting the precedent for future cases. This case causes a social FEAR because of the "what if it happens to someone I love."

Jodi did not play the "I might have some BPD, or a touch of some mental heath issues." She went straight for annihilation of the victim, and thinks its ok because she has a defense that says its ok. I was fortunate to have parents (that are by no means perfect!) that taught me right from wrong, and when I thought I was smarter than them I had other teachers in my life that taught common sense. Jodi is a product of our vastly changing social environment where there is no accountability anymore. If a jury isnt able to give the maximum punishment for one of the maximum un-holy's, were in for a bumpy ride. I know that the DP is not a part of every state's law, but she left the comfort of that state behind when she went on her mission to AZ...:moo:

11. The Farm

The Farm Well-Known Member

That is what I thought.

12. 21merc7

21merc7 New Member

:laughcry: OMG! :laughcry:

In that case you may like Rusty Nail :floorlaugh:

13. G&AMom

G&AMom Verified Mikette

I ashamed I didn't think of this comment.

14. gauntlet

gauntlet Inactive

SBM. Yes a few of us have raised those thoughts now. I hope we are right :please:

15. deedee21

deedee21 Well-Known Member

Accepting might be a little easier to accept if that happens. Prison officials are watching her behavior. They have a cell waiting for her. They said there will be no book clubs or contact with other inmates for jodi. The same rules will apply wheather she gets life or death. I would love to be a fly on the wall when she finds out.

16. nadjatheresa

nadjatheresa Former Member

Yet CM was allowed to say that her friend was there last week to testify on her behalf but didn't return this week "because she and her nine-year-old daughter were threatened and harassed if she came back to the state."

It seems like this was a way for her to tailor the DT's strategic decision not to call any mitigation witnesses.

17. jaijcook

jaijcook New Member

Okay so it's been awhile since the jury question, and they are still deliberating (worked through lunch, skipping smoke breaks) so I think we can safely assume that they are there to see this through. Didn't JSS say that they could ask the attorneys for help with any issues? If so, it doesn't appear that they have asked for any further help. No news is good news.

18. marlap

marlap New Member

Congrats on your first post and on quitting!

Welcome to our group Rosepetal, and looking forward to hearing more from you.

:wagon:

19. BeachGirlFromPA

BeachGirlFromPA Always digging a little deeper....

Less than an hour left to this day...come on jurors, fill out that paper, get it to the Judge and let's get the Death Penalty rolling here! She could be in Perryville before 10pm!

20. yuzu-lemon

yuzu-lemon New Member

By the way...anyone take a look at Jodi's mess of hair today? Yeah nice uneven BANGS! Yet I'm sure she still thinks she's "smokin' hot." What an evil wench. I feel so sick about all this. :tears:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.