SIDEBAR #5- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no explanation. He was getting something out of parading his dancing bear star of the circus, but I don't understand exactly what he got and why he decided to stop the show.
Ding ding ding! Mollyf you nailed it. THAT is why it was allowed and likely he is getting some heat now. Guy rather likes controversy and publicity....because it puts his name out there. That is all I will say.

I get the feeling that a lot of people don't realize that sheriffs are elected. They are politicians, and, as such, they are just as attentive to their image as any other politician.

I think the only people who played with these safely are girls. All of us used them as weapons after we got tired of beating ourselves up in private trying to master them. :floorlaugh:

OMG! I remember my older brothers having Clackers! Those things were D*mn dangerous when you are the first girl after six boys! IIRC, my mom ended up taking them all away and trashing them after one of my brothers ended up with a split forehead!

I honestly don't think this jury will hang. They've been through too much to go out like that. What scares me is the fact they sent that message to the Judge so quickly. I wish I knew the split. It's good that they finished the day without another note. I assume they're going to sleep on it. Dear God, DP or LWOP, just make a decision. Spare the Family and everyone else from anymore of that Evil Thing. God Speed...this means you jurors...

I think they were going over the jury instructions and wanted some clarification. The note said "If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?" If what I am reading is correct, it was the judge who said that they couldn't reach a unanimous decision, not the jury. I like to think positive :)

I'm 39 and have no wrinkles in my forehead, either. The thing that worries me is her feet. Those are some funky-looking feets.

Heehee, did anyone know what happened to Jodi's "forklift foot". :floorlaugh:

Sorry momma June...

So, this dude on NG who is some kind of law professor and apparently an expert on the DP says he thinks the jury will continue to be deadlocked or all 12 will vote for life, but he can't imagine a unanimous verdict for death. I think for them hang is much more likely than for them all to agree to life. I'd be willing to bet there are far more who want the DP imposed than life. In fact, I'd be willing to bet there's one holdout.... maybe two. :twocents:

JMO but I'd rather they hang than all cave to life. As much as I would hate messing up things w/ respect to the process, there is no way on god's green earth I'd EVER vote to give this viper life.

That said, I respect their decision should it be 12 for life. I'll hate it, but I'll respect it.

"My agenda at this point is to bring awareness to domestic violence".....CMJA

:facepalm: I'm done.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIXLHtg2Btk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIXLHtg2Btk[/ame]

Never had clacking balls, what did I miss....

But, I had plenty of marbles! :)

Contribution for the night:

Mix:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzpqGdZ_ygU"]The Rolling Stones - Under My Thumb (UK Vinyl Mono LP Mix) - YouTube[/ame]

I think some serious disregarding of TOS was the issue. I know peeps are emotional but I will quite frankly say that reading vicious angry ranting attacks on the press and officers of the court get WAAAYYYY old.

If you are that affected by this case that you cannot reel it in, then please.......take a breather. Ugh. Heal thyself.

It's the reason I have avoided that thread. Very "Emperor's New Clothes".

MOO.

No I am not that affected by this case so don't really have to reel myself in. What happens to the convicted will have no impact on my life.

Does anyone feel some of the jurors may have caught a glimpse of Jodi's jailhouse interviews last night?

I had a clear pink set... with tiny air bubbles suspended in the balls. Somehow mine broke and I stole my brother's blue balls (ya can't make this stuff up, can you??).

This was about the time I would have grown apart from my mother had she given birth to a premature baby and caused me to develop BPD.

That's hysterical! I remember me and my sister getting these for Christmas. Mine were purple. Then hers broke and I wouldn't let her use mine.

OMG, the good old days....!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eajk2uDWaP0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eajk2uDWaP0[/ame]

OMG! We totally had those as playtoys.

Should I be concerned that my parents had nefarious intentions? :scared:

Seriously.....glass balls smashed together repeatedly......what a great kids' toy!

Member doing the butterfly with them-had lots of bruises on my wrist from them..what a riot

I get the feeling that a lot of people don't realize that sheriffs are elected. They are politicians, and, as such, they are just as attentive to their image as any other politician.

Isn't Sheriff Arpaio about 80 years old?

Not really. The way I understood him was that he had to let her have her say. And she did 5 national interviews, so she had her say. And now he can say NO MORE--w/out hurting her 1st amendment rights.

I'm not aware of a statute of limitations on 1st amendment rights.

Surely I'm not the only WSer of a certain age who played Mary poppins by jumping off the roof holding an umbrella?

I landed on my butt in a shrub but the boy whose roof it was broke his arm.

Then we invented a new game that involved sliding down the tin roof of the toolshed sitting on wax paper - we were smart enough to drag over an old mattress to land on. Fun and games until I sliced my arm open on the tin edge.

My family jokes that the new wing on the hospital was paid for by my family! Six older brothers and, later, two younger sisters - there was always someone needing stitches or a cast :) We grew up in the country and there was just SO much to explore!
I remember two of my brothers had the bright idea of starting two model cars they built on fire so they could crash them together and they would stay smashed together after they cooled. Such a "great idea" until the fire didn't go out and the porch floor was destroyed! Just another day in our life :floorlaugh:
Gotta give my mom credit - although she spent at least half her time wanting to beat at least one of us to a pulp, she took it all in stride in the long run!
:floorlaugh:

I had a clear pink set... with tiny air bubbles suspended in the balls. Somehow mine broke and I stole my brother's blue balls (ya can't make this stuff up, can you??).

This was about the time I would have grown apart from my mother had she given birth to a premature baby and caused me to develop BPD.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

My Thanks button is not working, but THANK YOU all. You really are a huge help during these week long stays at the hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea