SIDEBAR #5- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do y'all have rotaries? It's just a big arse circle, around which are exits. Could be 3 exits or 8. Some rotaries are very tight and you can barely get your car around it.

I was approaching a rotary on the way home from work. During rush hour. In BOSTON. Where everyone seems to drive with their damned eyes closed.

The road I was on approaching the rotary is two lanes. I was in the wrong lane and neeeeeeeeded to get into the left lane but not one of the friendly Boston peeps one would let me in and I was too grumpy to charm them so I plotted.

Cars were taking too long to merge. Dang, GO already. No one in the rotary will ever slow down to let you go.

Ugh. Waiting, waiting, waiting. I was not going to sit all night waiting for one of the 20 cars going around the rotary to give me permission, I pulled into the rotary and over to the left lane.

Then all I saw were flashing blue lights in my rear view.

W
T
H

Why is this cop at a rotary??? Aren't there criminals to go catch? :mad: :mad:

Even looking at a ticket, I was in no mood to be charming so I did not say a word. Just gimme the ticket already and let me be on my way. I'll appeal it. Whatever.

He told me that I cut off multiple cars in the rotary and ... by the way, did I know one of my brake lights was out. He went on and on and on about the brake light. :facepalm:

I just handed over my license and registration. I had nothing to say.

He came back a few minutes later with a warning for the brake light. Tells me the rotary cut off would have been a $150 fine but he was letting me go on that one. Then he gave me another lecture on the brake lights.

What I took from this? It's ok to cut off everyone in sight, just make sure all of your brake lights are in working order.

Then .. "all I ask is that you're careful in the rotary next time."

"Ok," I said, lying like JA. "I will."

lol

I know all about rotaries, lived in MA. They are everywhere!
Your first sentence made me laugh "Do y'all have rotaries?" I was like... oh yeah, rotaries, must be from New England, but "yall" maybe from the South. Or maybe has gone around one too many rotaries. lol

Crazy that you got ticketed for that... people don't know how to navigate rotaries.. tourists are the worst, you get those people who NEVER make a move and then you have those who don't realize if they don't know where to get off, you can just GO AROUND AGAIN!! OMG so frustrating.

Hello folks! I am alternately 1) watching JA's interviews 2) pausing them to dry heave 3) shaking my fist at the screen and 4) drinking my pain....this needs to end ASAP!

I am consumed by real life for a few days and a HUNG JURY is what (almost) happens...I am throwing myself back in full stop until the end of this.

You don't have to hang out here...this is for off topic and fun PLUS the case...go back to your main thread if you stay totally ON topic...stay here if you want to just chill....

The insiders thread is under review for a reason.

ETA: MY BAD...I DIDNT REALIZE THEY CLOSED THE MAIN THREAD ...sorry...the mods need a break. Sorry y'all don't like hanging out here. :sadface:

first he says she has a 1st amend. right to speak then says he is stopping it.
Contradiction, no?

I have no explanation. He was getting something out of having his dancing bear star of the circus, but I don't understand exactly what he got and why he decided to stop the show.

I don't get it at all. Nobody wanted the child killing liar in Florida to do any interviews. IMO same sh** different pile, wouldn't waste my cable payment money on either one of them.

ITA. Haven't seen any interviews, ZERO desire to watch. There is nothing of value in viewing a Gollum doppleganger psychopath make up bs on a daily basis.

The comment about "deserving a second chance at freedom someday, because I know I'd be really responsible about it," made me :floorlaugh: though. Delusional idiot.

If for some inexplicable reason she gets LWP, I will be living out the rest of my days in Bellevue. :help:

CRAKA JAXX

I PM'd you the homemade Bailey's recipe.
(so behind on the pages by the time I saw your request the thread was closed...)

Contradiction, no?

Thank you!!!!!

I am gobsmacked by bad arse tent city Shurrf Joe allowing this nut job access to the media at all! I thought he was King of "Constitution Schmonstiution"?

What gives?

Contradiction, no?

Not really. The way I understood him was that he had to let her have her say. And she did 5 national interviews, so she had her say. And now he can say NO MORE--w/out hurting her 1st amendment rights.

Clackers!!!!
You get them clacking by pulling up slightly on the ring in a rythm. When they're clacking well you pull up sharply and the balls go over your hand and clack above and below. They are innocent albeit dangerous 1960's fun.

I think the only people who played with these safely are girls. All of us used them as weapons after we got tired of beating ourselves up in private trying to master them. :floorlaugh:

Something curious, JA never has a wrinkle on her forehead, how is that possible?

Not a worry in her head. Never. Is she human?

When I think my forehead creases, even when I was a teen. She is like a robot.

Cause she has no soul!

Surely I'm not the only WSer of a certain age who played Mary poppins by jumping off the roof holding an umbrella?

I landed on my butt in a shrub but the boy whose roof it was broke his arm.

Then we invented a new game that involved sliding down the tin roof of the toolshed sitting on wax paper - we were smart enough to drag over an old mattress to land on. Fun and games until I sliced my arm open on the tin edge.

So, this dude on NG who is some kind of law professor and apparently an expert on the DP says he thinks the jury will continue to be deadlocked or all 12 will vote for life, but he can't imagine a unanimous verdict for death. I think for them hang is much more likely than for them all to agree to life. I'd be willing to bet there are far more who want the DP imposed than life. In fact, I'd be willing to bet there's one holdout.... maybe two. :twocents:

Sooooo, I'm on God knows what glass of wine....I may have refilled a little (a lot)

I'm watching NG...which causes me to have even more wine.

Dinner is ham and beans over rice and cheesy bread. Oh, and wine.

I have no explanation. He was getting something out of having his dancing bear star of the circus, but I don't understand exactly what he got and why he decided to stop the show.

He wanted to stop it because it was making him look bad.

This is my pretend world.... Ohmmmmmm.

253276_435118653251081_1961899418_n.jpg

Surely I'm not the only WSer of a certain age who played Mary poppins by jumping off the roof holding an umbrella?

I landed on my butt in a shrub but the boy whose roof it was broke his arm.

Then we invented a new game that involved sliding down the tin roof of the toolshed sitting on wax paper - we were smart enough to drag over an old mattress to land on. Fun and games until I sliced my arm open on the tin edge.

We never did the Mary Poppins thing, we played Tarzan until someone slipped while swinging from a clothesline pole and broke their arm.

And the insider thread is closed as well. :(

I think some serious disregarding of TOS was the issue. I know peeps are emotional but I will quite frankly say that reading vicious angry ranting attacks on the press and officers of the court get WAAAYYYY old.

If you are that affected by this case that you cannot reel it in, then please.......take a breather. Ugh. Heal thyself.

It's the reason I have avoided that thread. Very "Emperor's New Clothes".

MOO.

She's cocky as all get out. Seems like it's her way or no way.

I thought she came across as very arrogant and very brazen in all the interviews. She seemed certain she wasn't going to get death.
In fact when she said wow today in court when JW informed her that the jury was hung she mouthed wow. And looked pissed. And she was pissed. She was shocked and angry that the jury was hung and hadn't voted to give her life.

It's still possible that she will get what she wants, life. But it's almost certain they won't give her what she doesn't want which is death. Of course they could hang and she will have to go over this again but I think she would be just as happy with that outcome. She could continue with the Jodi show and do what she loves best trashing Travis.

Sooooo, I'm on God knows what glass of wine....I may have refilled a little (a lot)

I'm watching NG...which causes me to have even more wine.

Dinner is ham and beans over rice and cheesy bread. Oh, and wine.

:blushing:

Attachments

• Im-having-a-fruit-salad-for-dinner.png
    Im-having-a-fruit-salad-for-dinner.png
    76.8 KB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors