SIDEBAR #5- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish somebody would ask her why she killed him.

Just know this....even if she DID state a reason for killing him, you would still be shaking your head, as her answer would not be logical, would be full of empty phrases, and make no sense at all.

Nothing that comes out of her mouth makes sense because she does not think like we do.....

Last night on HLN even though I was not watching but listening I think they said on the Scott Peterson trial the jurors came back twice before a verdict was reached and they were also talking about other cases, same thing and how long they took.
It made me feel better that this jury seems to be within the limits of a correct decision.

There's a horrifying video on the news of a guy who stabbed a British soldier to death in broad daylight. His hands are covered in blood..Made me thing of you-know-who.

Did they ever luminol her rental car? If her story was true, there would be blood on the steering wheel and probably elsewhere...if not it would show she cleaned up and did not leave in a panic.

I think the outweigh is throwing us off. Outweigh is not mentioned in the material I read.
Again DS rests on two findings
proof of one aggravating cir
no mitigating cir

I agree, this is difficult to understand. I thought I had read the substantial and trying to interrupt JM's comments about in relation to the crime as meaning the mitigating factors need to somehow overcome (outweigh?) the aggravating.

I understood the fact that there is a mitigatory is not enough. Do you have a link to the jury instructions?

I can't believe this mistake with the jury instructions, they were already deliberating without this crucial information. And, if true, the mistake about the question they had, good god!
I don't know why the so called mitigating factors were written into the instructions, almost as if they were facts. Is this customary?
Or that JSS could allude to what Patti would have testified to? Are you kidding me?
So many screw ups (IMO) and all in favor of the defendant.
I do not trust this judge to give LWOP. I think she would give LWP.

Why not tell the jury they can give life and she could walk in 25 years = 5 years severd
and she would then sever 20 years...Are life with know chance of getting out...Are death

TO ease your mind, we DO know a lot about the jurors! They have meticulously deliberated and come back unanimous on Murder One and Extreme Cruelty.

During one of their deliberation processes, we learned from BK that reading and discussing the jury instructions is first, and takes at MINIMUM one hour. Even when they came back with a "quick" verdict, it took about 4 hours, right?

We still have this jury. It is obvious that during the first two hours of deliberating sentencing, they were reading and discussing Jury Instructions.

It is obvious that when they hit the instruction concerning the situation of a possible NON unanimous vote, the instructions were NOT clear on how they would document this on forms (IF it happens)....so they opted to send question to judge and get it answered before they moved on!!

Wonder what they are thinking now since judge did NOT answer their question...hopefully it is written somewhere in that "helpful hints" she gave them because she did NOT address to them how to reflect (IF IT HAPPENED) on the forms.

This jury came yesterday to deliberate ALL day...very casually dressed, one juror (money conscious one..LOL) toting his "working lunch" from home....

If I had to guess, I would say of the 7 hours they have deliberated, only an hour or two at most has been about sentencing. The rest of the time was delegated to meticulous understanding of instructions and forms.

I am hoping we will being deliberation again this morning for perhaps an hour or two...quick smoke break....and then Verdict Reached notification and eventually read somewhere around lunch or after.

This is the same jury we have been impressed by for their seriousness and dedication. It is just the createdramasowecanhavecraptotalkabout by HLN that is causing us to second guess them!

Hold the faith! The UNTHINKABLE CRIME against TRAVIS is foremost in this jury's mind!

Oh, thank you so much for this brilliant and optimistic post!

How can JW argue that there is no structure to get parole if you get LWP? Parole Board, right? WTH?

I'm guessing it was Juan who discovered the "omission" in the jury instructions? How could something that sloppy happen in a capital case?

:seeya:

GM, everyone!

TODAY is verdict day..................I just feel it. DP verdict is what I predict.

=================================================

CMJA may try to pull her diva act in prison but it will not work. The prison officials work with some 'Big, Bad, Mama's' in prison. They already have Jodi's number, IMO. The old, "Do you know who I am?" routine simply will not work in prison as it did in County Jail. CMJA will be indoctrinated PDQ. Those C/O's will not put up with her games and manipulative behavior.

From the moment CMJA enters the state prison system, her life will be much, much worse than she ever imagined. I take consolation in that. If I sound like a big meanie, so be it, LOL.

I've said the most sincere, heartfelt prayers for Travis' family and those friends who love him. A very peaceful calm came over me afterwards. I feel all will be well and the desired verdict will come back today for the brothers and sisters.

GB the Jury as well.

I'm always too busy catching up to post, but I just had to post my thoughts this morning!

About tracing - I am a graphic designer by trade and my understanding is that tracing is illegal if the item is copyrighted. It's illegal whether you make money off of it or not. The amount of money you take from the original copyright holder affects what damages you pay if you are sued but not whether it's illegal or not. I'm not an attorney and could be wrong but that's my understanding.

I hope its on their mind that if she ever gets out they might be at the top of her hit list. She can never be trusted, never.

:seeya:

GM, everyone!

TODAY is verdict day..................I just feel it. DP verdict is what I predict.

=================================================

CMJA may try to pull her diva act in prison but it will not work. The prison officials work with some 'Big, Bad, Mama's' in prison. They already have Jodi's number, IMO. The old, "Do you know who I am?" routine simply will not work in prison as it did in County Jail. CMJA will be indoctrinated PDQ. Those C/O's will not put up with her games and manipulative behavior.

From the moment CMJA enters the state prison system, her life will be much, much worse than she ever imagined. I take consolation in that. If I sound like a big meanie, so be it, LOL.

I've said the most sincere, heartfelt prayers for Travis' family and those friends who love him. A very peaceful calm came over me afterwards. I feel all will be well and the desired verdict will come back today for the brothers and sisters.

GB the Jury as well.

I'm always too busy catching up to post, but I just had to post my thoughts this morning!

Good Morning LaLaw! :seeya:

Thanks for your post! I hope we do get our verdict (no hung jury!) today!

I say it again. This judge has been around a long time. I refuse to believe that she would say in open court that she believed the jury could not come to a decision if that indeed wasn't the case or wasn't inferred to her in some way. Remember that she also spoke to the attorneys before talking to the jury yesterday, about this very thing.

Didn't the judge go over what would happen if they couldn't come to a unanimous verdict when she was reading the laundry list of instructions to them the other day?

Here's my theory. They got in the room, started talking and became immediately clear there would 1 (probably more) that are firm in what they believe should be the penalty and that is against what the majority wants. That could go either way.

I hope its on their mind that if she ever gets out they might be at the top of her hit list. She can never be trusted, never.

I know that is what I would be thinking!!! Especially the way she looks at them sometime. And we can put Juan on that list too.
She all of a sudden will get that look, it is not always there but I have seen it and more than once towards Juan.

I agree, this is difficult to understand. I thought I had read the substantial and trying to interrupt JM's comments about in relation to the crime as meaning the mitigating factors need to somehow overcome (outweigh?) the aggravating.

I understood the fact that there is a mitigatory is not enough. Do you have a link to the jury instructions?

you can google mit cir arizona law and you should get it.
JM's comments were a bit loose.

I think the last week has taken a toll on JSS, and her brain is scrambled.

Good Morning All,

I caught some of GMA. I do not know if this part was in her interview with Ryan Owens the other night but on GMA a segment was on where he asks CM if society would be safe if she was let out on parole. She was snarky and answered as long as I was not being abused by someone. Of course this is paraphrased from what I can remember as it is early morning and I just woke up. All I can say is Wow. I think she would kill again and it wouldn't take much of a reason for her to kill again. Waiting for the clip to become available on the net.

The worst part of all this for me is if a verdict is reached today I am going to miss it most likely. I have the farm up for sale and someone is coming at 5pm eastern time so I have to be out of here with the dogs by 4:30. Most likely another tire kicker but you never know.
I have a feeling it will be today so get your cigarettes ready as once that smoke break comes the time might be here. I will be smoking along with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member