Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
]I wonder how JSS gets away with all of this secrecy?[/B] TH on HLN says she is just protecting Jodi. Well, of course, by all means let's protect Jodi!! Beth says it's highly unusual the way JSS is handling this.

Did the sheriff really say no more media moments for his star guest?

I believe I heard this is JSS' first death penalty case... However, if I were a taxpayer in AZ I would be pizzed beyond belief over the COST of this trial. $2 Million plus, for what? They need to get rid of the death penalty or have Judges that DO NOT cave to the Defense time after time in the hopes the verdict won't be overturned. Good Lord!

And yes, the Sheriff said NO MORE interviews....okie dokie.

The safest thing right now is just assume she will get LWOP. She won't get less than that IMO. I do not think the judge would ever give her a chance at parole. Andddd....if the jury manages to come back with a unanimous vote for the DP, consider that "icing on the cake."

I wanna know what's up with the ponytail now that court isn't technically in session anymore.

I noticed that too HO. I'm wondering if it's a ploy to make her appear younger.

Each time the jury has come back with their decision, the court individually polls each of the jurors....maybe they're hoping that one of them will 'see' her differently (as in younger) and tug on their heart string to change their vote.

MOO

Question? Does this jury realize that if they hang a second jury can be seated to decide the penalty? If they know this I say that they will be determined to reach a decision. I just don't think with what they have invested in this trial in terms of time and emotional toll that they will turn this over to 12 new jurors. I just don't think they will. Too much invested.

@WildAboutTrial
Out front far away from JVM yet her voice is heard in the air like its piped through 1000 gigawatt loud speakers. #JodiArias

Funny.

Can anyone get a working HLN stream today? TIA

Hi everyone, hoping that the jury will come to their decision quickly today and afford some peace to the Alexander family.

I've just got in from work so struggling to catch up. I had the court stream from azfamily and WAT opened. I could only see the seal. Am I watching the correct stream?

I'd really like to know what the significance of the colour salmon has been over the last couple of days.

Would be so grateful if anyone has the time to answer!

TIA!

"Breaking news! I'm gonna have to cut you off, we have breaking news! Let's go live outside the courthouse where our very own JVM is standing with some breaking news. Jane, I hear we have some breaking news from the courtroom. Jane?"

"YES!!! Its me JVM with breaking news! Right now we don't have any news but there is SOMETHING going on. Hold on... I'm getting something in my ear. We don't have any details but something is happening. I'm JVM, I'm outside the courthouse and SOMETHING is happening! JVM LIVE! HLN! LIVE! BREAKING NEWS"

:scared:

LOL!!! Thanks, I need that! :floorlaugh:

WAT: out front far away from JVM yet her voice is heard in the air like its piped thru 1000 gigawatt loud speakers.

:giggle:

Finally got on site and it took forever.

Can anyone tell me if the jury was dressed up this morning or the usual attire (flip flops?)

OT Broke my knee cap this morning....so I am sentenced to 4-6 weeks of no activity. :stormingmad: :stormingmad:

If they included the question they had from the guilt phase, and the one yesterday, this would indeed be the third question, right? I don't think Juan looked stressed at all...

Maybe they just asked if they could go to lunch

Chris Hughes ‏@cshughes 1m

I don't know the jury question (nor does the family), but I feel everything is just fine. #TeamTravis #Jodiarias

From WAT :

2m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Out front far away from JVM yet her voice is heard in the air like its piped through 1000 gigawatt loud speakers. #JodiArias

:scared::scared::scared: Runnnnnnnnnnnnn .....

i'm encouraged. they're obviously working and still talking. she did NOT re-dynamite them so they didn't say they can't reach a decision. she would have called them in for that, pretty sure. don't you think so?

Did Charles Manson actually go along on the killing spree or did he just manipulate his followers to do his bidding? He's a sociopath and that's what they do, course some do kill like Arias but what would she do in a prison setting? Manipulate her followers or prison mates? She needs to be on death row. Jodi has already shown what she is capable of, shows zero remorse...anxious to torment the family forever.

There was talk about Charlie going to the Tate house sometime after murders. Charlie also went along Sunday night, went in and tied up the LaBianca's and left after giving instructions in what to do.

I don't think Juan looked any different than he has throughout the trial. He smiled at Flores and had a cheerful-looking very short convo with him.

On the other hand, I don't think CMJA liked the judge's response to the question. She was schooling JW....yackety yackety yak (gack)

probably some jury consultant somewhere did a study, and found it reminds the jury deliberating your fate of funerals and 'DEATH'----specifically YOUR death---and will make them too uncomfortable to give it to you.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

unfortunately, you are probably right :floorlaugh:

someone posted a tweet that The Alexander's and attorney's left the 5th floor. Was this true and if so do we know why? This has me terribly worried.

They are prolly going to lunch.....they were just there for the jury question.
moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member