Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stunned, absolutely stunned! This can't be real. It's a bad nightmare.

Wow people. I'm disappointed too but give the jury a break. They have had their lives disrupted for this horrible trial. And now posters are disgusted, calling them cowards, spewing hate at them? They found her guilty AND eligible for the DP. This final phase will have a re-do. JA is not going anywhere.

I hope the holdouts are sick to their stomachs when they know what we all know and they see all the interviews, learn about the smuggled magazine code, and the WEALTH of evidence that couldn't be brought in.
And the snarky interviews. Pre and post trial.

Watch Arias beat the rap.

I'm so sorry the Alexander family has to continue to go through this.

However, we all need to take solace in the fact that she WAS FOUND GUILTY. This is not like when Casey got off scott free. The worst case scenario here is that Jodi will get LWOP. What wouldn't we give to see Casey Anthony spending the rest of her life in jail? Let's all take a breath, remember she WAS convicted and if you're hoping for the DP, she may still get it yet.

If they couldn't decide on death, I wish they would have just went with LWOP so that this didn't have to drag out for months more and Travis's family could go home (and those of us watching the trial could move on as well).

Is it wrong that I would have rather had life with no parole just so it would be over for Travis's family? At least it will happen soon.

Those jurors are going to be very embarrassed when they see how they were played by this chick.

Just so disappointed that they couldn't reach a unanimous verdict.

Did it sound like the judge was emotional, or was it just the sound on my TV?

Justice may come eventually, we can only hope! :(

I just can't believe after all that, they hung. How can they say they would be able to vote for death and then can't go through with it. I'm just so sad for this family. Their pain continues. I hope the jury gets to see what she did while they were deliberating, and I hope they regret this.

you can't blame an entire jury; my guess is that there were a couple of people that dug in and would not change their minds. how is that the entire jury's fault. this jury worked hard for almost 5 months. they found her guilty of first degree, they found that extreme cruelty was present; they didn't fail. I don't understand people who say that when it is apparent that some jurors would not budge.

As long as they do NOT drop the death penalty I'm okay....I can deal. It's devastating but I can deal..

Y'all, I'm reading all these posts criticizing the jury. What if you were set on a decision - say DP - would you cave in? I don't think I would. I would HATE to hang a jury - don't get me wrong, but if I felt strongly about something I'd hang it.

I think that I am most shocked by the comments about the jurors.

They have been there for 5 months, And worked hard, It is hard to get 2 people to agree let alone 12..

I hope that people will respect the jury and the process and know that we already won. SHE IS GUILTY. And there is the aggravator of CRUELTY stands.

She will never be out again. EVER. So just hang in there.

i dont normally swear but my reaction was a big eff word!! I am angry and frustrated, my stomach is flipping and thats just me how the heck are the Alexander family feeling!? JM was so disappointed you could see it in his face. AGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well dammit AZ, drop the death penalty and go with LWOP.

Just get this threat out of society, please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82