Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If the jury opts for a life sentence, the judge will set a sentencing date within 30 to 60 days and, at that time, will sentence Arias to natural life or life with eligibility for parole after 25 years."
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/02/13/arias-sentencing

I have complete faith that any judge would sentence her to natural life. No way would this judge or any judge, IMO, sentence her to the possibility of parole after 25 years simply because of the public backlash, let alone because it's the right thing to do.

Jurors per FOX: every juror is declining to speak at this time. Statement from PIO of court

How I wish they could have reached a verdict. It's almost unbearable to see the pain on all Travis's Family and Friends faces. Heartbreaking. :grouphug:

A decision would've been the right way to end this. The Jury came through with the most important verdict, at least. I thank them for putting their own lives on hold for so long.

Wonder what the one or two hold out jurors will think after seeing a few of CMja's smirky, taunting, remorseless interviews.

I'm listening on Wild and catching this conversation:

Bill Montgomery should try to get Natural Life Sentence if CMja is willing to waive her rights of future appeals.

It's also a liklihood that the Judge might let her attorneys finally get out of defending her.

The amount of additional financial burden will have to be a consideration.

Me - I'm sad.

I'm sad, I'm really sad but hey maybe we need to just let it be. She will have one H--- of a life no matter what, Right. It aint the Ritz Hotel.

That was a cute little effing grin there too, JW. Have a heart, fgs.

I think Dr. DeMarte and her BPD+ diagnosis was the mitigating witness that turned the tide in at least one juror's mind.

Same, I think they looked deeper into mitigation options too. Looks like negotiation will be what happens. It will depend on the split.

If the jury didn't give her death it's going to be hard to get another jury to sentence her to the death penalty. She freaking LIED to them.

Via CBS: Jury will not comment on verdict. Alexander family will not comment on verdict.

I see it differently. It may be the final nail in her coffin.

Gonna go hop on my bike and pedal off anxiety around the neighborhood.
See ya'll later. Thanks for being here.

I strongly dislike the smug look on CMja's face.
I hope the Alexanders get to go out the back door, away from the media.

Why would the Judge get so emotional unless she wants Justice for Travis?

people are mostly upset because the alexanders are going to continue to suffer....financially, emotionally and mentally. this is not over for THEM. they have to continue to have disruption in their lives and know that she is not getting the sentence they believe she deserves.

its a sad day for them......

So sad, indeed, for the family. We will just have to wrap them in love and support, and those of us who are able might offer more financial support. We will see this through to justice for Travis and his family.

Correction (darned HLN): Jurors will NOT be speaking!

I'm very frustrated by all this, but I'm going to cut the jury some slack. They have NOT seen all the things the public at large has seen. Once/if the holdouts find out/see some of these things, they probably are going to feel VERY badly -- much more so than they feel already.

That said, it is almost incomprehensible to me that they could not agree on the DP. They were supposed to be death-qualified. What else have the holdouts seen in their lives that they would think was WORSE and more deserving of a DP than what she did and what an overall despicable person she is?

I hope the holdouts see JA making the throat-slitting gesture, presumably toward Samantha Alexander after Samantha's VIS. The jury door had not even SHUT yet when JA did that! It was quick, but very DEFINITELY deliberate. I was already for the DP by that point, but seeing her do that just sealed the deal for me. She continues to TRY to hurt the Alexander family whenever possible. She is an alien entity that attempts to suck the life force out of everyone and everything in her orbit and beyond. She has NO redeeming value WHATSOEVER.

So glad she gets more opportunities for jail cell media interviews...what a crock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member