Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just sucks for the family. Truely heartbreaking for them.

Guess I'm done because I can't say anything remotely nice right now. Later all.

I'm starting to think she wanted the DP so she wouldn't be in general population with the women who'll create mayhem for her.

She figured she'd be away from the crazy people until her appeals which she's convinced she will win.

Well it turns out that my speculation about it being a true deadlock with the fact that at least one juror was having issues with giving DP was correct after all.

She may really be sorry that she did all those interviews now, because Juan can bring them into the next round.

I'm sure he's practically salivating over the thought. :floorlaugh:

I cannot imagine going through this whole process, giving up my life for it, taking an oath to do it...and walk away with it unfinished.

This must be destroying them!!!

I don't like the process though. It should be simple. If you can't decide on death, then LWOP it is. Period.

Why can't it be that simple?

Obviously those who were for Death were NOT settling for Life. Interesting don't you think?

I just got in. I can't believe this. I feel so bad for the Alexander family. Poor them. I am very disappointed in this jury ...or I should say in the ones that couldn't keep their word. Imho Mr. Martinez more than proved this case. Based on the proof - the member of the jury that saw those photos and couldn't give justice to this family should not have said they could impose the DP. Terrible, just so terrible.

I'm sorry, but I don't think for one second that JSS would give JA LWP. She watched as Jodi lied in her allocution about the lack of witnesses which was a total lie as JSS well knows. JSS also knows so much more about this case than anyone else involved with it. There is no way she wouldn't give LWOP.

I am also getting frustrated with the "Wheels of Justice Move Slowly", but as so many have mentioned. This was a M1 conviction with a finding of aggravating factors. The next jury will have a much easier time convicting than this jury.

Does it suck for the Alexander family? Absolutely. It's heartwrenching. That is really the only people that need worry about this "delay". Sure, the people of the state of AZ have a huge tab to pay now, but I think this is a blessing in disguise. I think that Einstein and her penchant for media blitzing will ensure that although these new jurors state that they have seen nothing about Ms. Evilness...I'm not at all sure that would be the case.

Is it just me that has deja vu? After the circus that was Casey Anthony, the NG verdict sent the bailiff who announced it into stutters. After the jury was allowed to see EVERYTHING, some of them stated they were "sick to their stomachs". I have a feeling this will all happen again. This poor family. This. Poor. Family. I can't say I'd be this strong. I can't say that if I was taken and dragged through the mud at my trial I would want my family to hear the disgusting lies this family has heard. If it were me looking down at my family, I wouldn't want them giving Jodi the satisfaction of even hearing the verdict. Let her rot. She's guilty. Whether she falls asleep to death or dies alone in her cell. She's still guilty. Nothing changes that.

F#%%## Cowards!!!!! if they couldn't uphold the Law as was CLEARLY laid out, then don't swear that you can All the way!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That's not fair. I'm angry too but unless you've been there, that's really harsh. They have put so much time and emotion into this. Obviously they didn't just say, "Oh eff it, I'm done." If they truly couldn't decide, at least they were honest.

Hypothetical:

Change of venue? Would we get a new judge? As much as I had issues with Judge Stephens, I also worry that if the new jury came back deadlocked and we have a different crazy judge like a Larry Seidlin, JA could possibly get LWP.

Someone make me feel better please.

I'm starting to think she wanted the DP so she wouldn't be in general population with the women who'll create mayhem for her.

She figured she'd be away from the crazy people until her appeals which she's convinced she will win.

Which she will be either way.

Guys..in a way having to pick new jurors to try the penalty phase takes away the power that the DT thought they had from having JA on the stand for so long...

The new jury won't feel any connection to this murderer, I think the chances of her getting the DP are very good!!

And think about how JA thought that she had gotten all the pro prosecution jurors throw off the jury... Getting a whole new group of jurors will be very intimidating to JA...

Ok friends. I'm going to watch baseball, read a good book, hug my kids and wife, and re-enter my life. Take a deep breath. Remember what TA said about obstacles. Switch off HLN. Honor TA by living life to the fullest--just like he did. The monster will be dealt with by the fiercest SOB in the West.

You know who I am proud of?
The ones who refused to lower their decision from Death to Life to get it over with. Those are the ones who will be in my heart as well as the family becuase I can NOT imagine how frustrating and upsetting it must be that they wanted to finish this job for the family with the right verdict and were unable to do so.

I agree, there should be counseling for all Jurors who are involved in any case like this.

I do hope anyone who takes a call for Jury duty takes it serious x100. When asked the question can you put someone on Death Row, when you say yes, please be absolutely sure becuase honestly I have never seen a case more clear for the DP since OJ and punishment for CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member