Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if her family will get Jodi a t-shirt from the Grand Canyon.

Send her a post card...
Greetings from the grand canyon! Thanks Jodi! Taking your advice to see see 1000 places before YOU die! ;)

Love,
Mom & Dad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
P.S.
Keep tracing we need more dollahs
Luv
Mummy and Daddy

Why would the Judge get so emotional unless she wants Justice for Travis?

Possibly she was reacting to the obvious pain of Travis' family. I'm sure she wants justice for Travis, but we don't know what she personally would consider justice.

Obviously those who were for Death were NOT settling for Life. Interesting don't you think?

This leads me to believe the majority was for DP.

I am so thankful they didn't fold for Life sentence.

You know what, I think this is okay--certainly not for the Alexanders, who will contribute and I will continue to donate and I hope they can seek guidance if they decide (although it sounded to me by Judge's statement that it has been) to continue on this journey.

Please bear with me...there were so many things that happened and was said in those interviews of Convicted Murderer Inmate Arias that is damning to her.

She did not win today, she only received a postponement of the inevitable.

And FWIW I do believe there was an anti-death penalty person that somehow got on the jury as evidenced by the now clear and true fact that this jury probably did say they were deadlocked after 2.5 hours of deliberation

I'm in awe - they will need 100,000's of thousaands...

I hope Arias has to stay in the No contact, no privilege, private cell she is in now until she is sentenced.

Did the attorneys or Arias KNOW the verdict before it was read?? Sort of seems like it from their reactions.

What are you talking about? The GUILTY of Murder 1 still stands! The aggravating factor still stands! Jodi isn't going anywhere.

Disagree. not getting the death penalty is a win for Jodi areas and her team

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Jennifer sure was happy. And JA is too.

This will not happen in July either.

I'm disappointed, and so sad for the Alexanders. But really---there will be no closure for them, even with a verdict. They will be struggling with this for years to come and, while I so hoped that THIS aspect would be completed today (and supported them in their wish for the DP), this may well simply represent a speed bump.

I think it's grossly unfair to blame the jury, or to name-call (they are NOT "horrendous"), or compare them to the Pinellas 12. They convicted Jodi Arias of first degree murder. They determined there was sufficient aggravation to warrant consideration of the DP.

They did a good---and tremendously difficult job. They FINISHED their job the best they could. I believe most are leaving with heavy hearts---hearts that will become heavier as they learn the things we know that they do not yet know. (And my heart hurts for them, knowing they will see the murderess's immediate post-verdict interview, as well as the others---and experience a certain sense of betrayal.)

Another jury will be impaneled. The murderess smugly stated that finding an unpoisoned jury would be impossible. I believe she worked HARD to ensure that (and that is was a terrible error to permit media interviews before the penalty phase was complete)---but that there WILL be another jury. And I believe that a jury that has not had the burden of determining guilt will have more energy to focus on the task now at hand: penalty.

The jurors who've completed their job are weary. They worked long and hard. Perhaps viewed through different eyes, the appropriate sentence will be more easily seen.

I cannot imagine ANY scenario in which Jodi Arias will ever be free again. I do not see her being the belle of the ball in prison, where she will be the newcomer among many seasoned and similarly evil and personality-disordered inmates. If she ends up with LWOP, she will not have the resources to appeal. She will vanish. Very likely, she will be a disciplinary case severe enough to wind up in isolation---and for a woman with her constellation of personality disorder, that may be a fate worse than death. (She's not going to be running Oprah's book club and overseeing recycling. She's likely going to be on her own. Forever. Remember what she is capable of; with nothing left to lose, she will quickly become a disciplinary problem.)

Don't give up hope. This is not a loss; it's a postponement that may be far less unfortunate than many are assuming. Clearer eyes may lead to clearer decisions.

I am grateful for the jury's had work. It must have been grueling for them. My prayers are with them, just as they are with the Alexanders and Travis's wide circle of loved ones.

It's just so sad.

Obviously those who were for Death were NOT settling for Life. Interesting don't you think?

Yes, I agree. It seems they want to give the state another go at it with new jury. The worst outcome of that is that she will get life. They may have indeed been thinking, give JM another jury without this one person on it who is stealth /against the dp, and then the Alexanders will have the justice they seek, it may be a month or two later, but better later than never.

I could never have caved to vote for life considering how brutally she slaughtered him. Never. I'd rather give the state another shot.

Here's Troy Hayden's tweet about family at Grand Canyon today :

@mollymydear1111: @troyhaydenfox10
The Arias Family is visiting the Grand Canyon pic.twitter.com/bw1ZdCNT53” intetesting

Totally BIZZARO that they went to the Grand Canyon while their daughter/sibling was awaiting a sentencing verdict - possibly a DP verdict. Maybe that's harsh of me and I shouldn't criticize. I've never walked in their shoes (thankfully), but I can't imagine going off and enjoying a mini vacation while awaiting such a serious sentence. The more I read about this family, the more dysfunctional it sounds.

JEAN C WAS RIGHT I THINK!!! OMIGOSH FOR ONCE. I just re-heard polling of the jury on HLN...did you guys notice Juror 16 you could barely hear her. She said yes, so quietly. I do think like Jean C that this was the holdout.

I like to put pain in a little box and shove it aside. I am smiling right now. If anyone on their side has any sense of satisfaction they are fooling themselves, WHO is convicted of 1st Degree Murder with Premeditation bringing with that a Life or Death sentence? THEIR CLIENT the Recycler.

One deep breath and everyone will feel invigorated! The new Jury will be ready to do the job they won't be exhausted by 6 months of trial they just got done watching on TV. This will be a difficult Jury to seat as this made International News.

But they will seat a Jury. This is a lose lose for Recycler Jodi, at the very least, she has a Life Sentence. Truly, she is not getting out, there will be a march on Maricopa County to protest any Parole hearing if that ever happened. They won't let her out. She will say "thank you Parole board, let me tell you about how I was abused by Travis..." They will see her to the door, yet again, go back to your cell and separate plastic from paper from foam....

We are all allowed to have ice cream and comfort food until July 18th. Anyone that can still fit in their chairs will gather back in our cozy part of the world....

I love you Stephanie Hart :blowkiss:. I feel better already. :seeya:

Guys..in a way having to pick new jurors to try the penalty phase takes away the power that the DT thought they had from having JA on the stand for so long...

The new jury won't feel any connection to this murderer, I think the chances of her getting the DP are very good!!

And think about how JA thought that she had gotten all the pro prosecution jurors throw off the jury... Getting a whole new group of jurors will be very intimidating to JA...

I so appreciate you being positive. But, I can't help but worry about all the wildcards coming up... Will it be the same judge, same DT, what will this penalty "trial" look like, how will it be structured???? Will Jody testify (lie) again? Will she drop the t-shirt from her allocution, etc. etc., etc.,

Most importantly, how will the Alexander family handle this stress, financial hardship, employers, children, etc.?

Lastly, I can't believe there won't be delays come July. Think about it...

I am happy I will never, ever, sit on a DP case. The voir dire would discard me immediately.

I'd like to know how many voted each way. I wonder if the fact that it could be life without parole for 25 yrs, then possible parole. I wish that had never come up. That could have been hard for some to understand. I wonder if we will see it televised in July. Someone said HLN will not broadcast "love trials"
anymore. Their future plans for broadcasting trials seems sort of up in the air.I am thankful her guilt still holds! :banghead: :seeya:

Can we all just be tolerant today? If we don't like what we read then just ignore/scroll down. We're all emotional whether we believe these jurors have been brave or not..Let's all be able to express ourselves today even if we disagree.

I'm very very upset but I'm anxious to know what the State will do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes