Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saddened for Travis' loved ones because now this nightmare continues on even longer. It must must seem unending and horrific for them.

But I do not see this as a huge win for jodi! I'm surprised that so many do. It's no win. I;m not tearful or upset about it all, except for what it does to Travis' family. A huge win would have been if they couldn't find jodi guilty of Murder 1 or could not find aggravators.

We are good guys. We are in a good position. And now Juan Martinez has a second chance at a new jury. Since all the facts and the law are on his side and none on jodi's, that's not a horrible thing.

Have we heard from any jurors yet? Do we know if the gag against them has been lifted?

She's going to die in prison either way.

There's no way this really starts in July, right?

I'm saddened for Travis' loved ones because now this nightmare continues on even longer. It must must seem unending and horrific for them.

But I do not see this as a huge win for jodi! I'm surprised that so many do. It's no win. I;m not tearful or upset about it all, except for what it does to Travis' family. A huge win would have been if they couldn't find jodi guilty of Murder 1 or could not find aggravators.

We are good guys. We are in a good position. And now Juan Martinez has a second chance at a new jury. Since all the facts and the law are on his side and none on jodi's, that's not a horrible thing.

Have we heard from any jurors yet? Do we know if the gag against them has been lifted?

I agree with you. I'm not upset with the jurors. I do feel bad to his family.

But if you're a defense attorney. Defending this steaming pile of poop case and the hot mess Jodi and managed to convinced even ONE juror her life was worth saving... That's HUGE in that context. Willmont I'm sure is feeling like a great lawyer tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Introducing evidence of a gun and two knives in her possession after the murder would have helped.

I know, why couldn't that be introduced in the trial. Imagine if she were found not guilty, and this evidence was disallowed. What a twist of justice! I believe Nancy Grace said that. moo

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 22m

#jodiarias mom Sandy was here PHX. Says she got bad info from court. Says she wasn't told about jury decision. Why she wasn't there. #fox10
Expand
Troy Hayden Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 24m

Just got off the phone with #jodiarias mom Sandy. Says she was in town the whole time. Disappointed another jury has to be sat. #fox10

Those who are not familiar with Arizona Law:
This is NOT a win for the DEFENSE. This is a delay in sentencing.

CMja is a convicted Murderer of the First degree. That can NOT be changed.
CMja is a convicted Felony Murderer of the 1st degree. That can NOT be changed.

CMja only has "Death" and "Life" (with or without parole) to look forward to, both, which I would bet the farm on, are DEATH SENTENCES for her.

CMja said no jury would convict her, well they've done it twice so far.

So, as the trial goes:
The State of Arizona-2
CMja- 0

She is already toast, no matter what happens in the next few months.

I agree with that one. Mostly because I've read it on here and twitter who believe that even though JA is without a doubt a lying evil murderer, her crime wasn't "death penalty" worthy.

Plus she's 32.
And a woman.
I bet being female had a lot to do with it.
And JW's "CAN YOU, YES YOU, actually live with KILLING this woman?" ********.

I feel like that statement shouldn't have been allowed. The JURORS wouldn't have been killing JA. She killed herself when she did what she did to Travis. Saying that to the jurors goes along the lines of "two wrongs don't make a right" and puts the legal execution of CMJA and the slaughter of an innocent man on the same level morally, and that just isn't fair or just. Our society allows for a jury of our peers to determine guilt and the punishment... and allows for the execution of a murderer in some cases, but that doesn't mean the jurors murdered or killed JA. JW should not be allowed to guilt the jurors like that.

I did not see Nurmi....anybody else see him??

Someone suggested a postcard campaign....to jodi just reminders of all she needs reminders on

Places she cannot travel to
lovers she will never have
Children (thank God for this) she won't have
Parties & foods she will never experience

Then catalogs from

Baby stores
Maternity wear
cruise lines

But she would have things to trace.... I just would love to monkey with this master manipulator for all of her years and that is so not my style.

I have to have faith this happened for a reason.....one we might not ever understand.

Kathy

Nooooo! It's just more crap for her to trace and sell!

Soak a blank postcard in Cinnabon scent and write something mean:) in plain font.

When JSS released the jurors she told them the admonition was lifted and they were free to speak or not to speak to anyone about the facts of the case. :seeya:

I'm proud of the jury for not caving to whoever wanted life.

Because they didn't cave, she may still get Death.

On June 20th there will be a Status Conference. The County Attorney, after talking to the jury, will decide whether to retry or let her give a plea - according to a discussion on the news on Azcentral: http://www.azcentral.com/live/?event=052313-jodi-arias
They said that if the jury was split 11-1, they would most likely retry, if it was more evenly split, they may decide to cut their losses and not retry and offer her a plea deal.

No it isn't a win for the defense. Their client was not only found guilty, she was found to have met aggravating factors. They lost.

I highly respect this jury. They did their duty and determined guilt. They did declare it to be an aggravated crime. I said last night, I believe in the Death Penalty. But even believing in the DP, I don't know if I could vote for it if I was a juror. It is one thing to believe in the DP. It is another thing to be the one to make that decision about someone else.

Just like I believe that JA's crime was deserving of the DP. But I won't be totally heartbroken if she gets at least LWOP. For JA I think it will be an eye opening experience. Her statement to the jury showed how unrealistic her expectations of prison are. (She sounded like she planned to run the prison)
Instead she will get up when told, activities as told, meals as decided by someone else. It won't be long before any looks she has will be lost. She will be facing guards used to manipulative behavior. Bars on the windows and doors. And saving the best for last, she will be "fresh meat" in a prison where her colleague's have suffered abuse and know how to dish it out. She will get a new "girlfriend" but she won't get to choose who that girlfriend is, that decision will be made for her.

Somehow I don't think JA will not be able to cope with life behind bars.

I have a prediction: It's going to be death. It will be a new jury. One who hasn't spent months "getting to know" jodi arias.

Hey, Dr. Drew...ask "your Samantha" why they don't want to take DP off the table and call it quits

Just curious, could JM use her lies during her plea for life against her? The T shirt proceeds wasn't true along with several other lies.

Jodi kicked Martinez in the balls and they shot out his mouth. Did you all see them rolling around on his prosecution table? :floorlaugh:

Find a nearby rock and do what comes naturally to you.

Just think .. tonight the jurors will be able to catch up on all the media in this case and find out all the crazy stuff they were shielded from .. I think they will be amazed at the things Jodi has done during this trial .. in particular the interviews!

I would rather report stupid comments guys. Quoting them just means they'll keep appearing on more pages. 2cents.

I agree with you. I'm not upset with the jurors. I do feel bad to his family.

But if you're a defense attorney. Defending this steaming pile of poop case and the hot mess Jodi and managed to convinced even ONE juror her life was worth saving... That's HUGE in that context. Willmont in sure is feeling like a great lawyer tonight.

After CMja spends a few months in Perryville, I think she'll believe "saving her life" was a bad choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592