Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lying torture murderess may be smug in her tainted victory, but the hangman looms.

PHOENIX, AZ (May 23, 2013) – Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery released the following statement in response to the lack of a unanimous decision in the penalty phase of State v. Jodi Ann Arias:

“We appreciate the jury’s work in the guilt and aggravation phases of the trial and now we will assess, based upon available information, what the next steps will be. As of this point in time, the Court has set a Status Conference for June 20 and we will proceed with the intent to retry the penalty phase. Because, for purposes of a jury determination on punishment, this is still a pending matter, there will be no further comment.”

While I certainly don't agree with it, I understand that it's her job to do terrible things like this. For one, if he would have turned around and started talking we would ALL be glued to the television. It's kind of like all these reporters glorifying Jodi and sitting for in for interviews. I know lots of us didn't agree, but we tuned right in to listen. It's a double edged sword. I feel badly for this guy, but it's what she is paid to do. JMO. If reporters sat back and waited for people to walk up to them it would most likely not happen. I see what your saying, but I see the other side too. It's not just HLN, it's all media.

I disagree. It's HLN. My first cause is finding Audrey May Herron. My secondary cause is removing this channel from television.

OK
Just think.........

There are 12 people out there tonight who have no clue
that they will be on the next Jodi Arias Jury......

kpm - It's truly incomprehensible. When they came back @ end of aggravation phase I really thought it was a slam/dunk. The good news is that no matter what, she's been convicted of premeditated 1st degree murder & she'll spend many, MANY years in a horrible place.

Their vote during the aggravation phase compared with the final tally during the penalty phase is what surprises me also. It appeared at least more would be inclined to vote "death".

However, you are so right. There is great consolation knowing she is now a convicted murderer and no matter what her ultimate punishment, she will be in a most horrible place without any of the simple pleasures or freedoms we enjoy each day.

:)

The TH's are saying that the supreme court would throw it out if the prosecution retries the guilt phase. Is this true? If so, why have that be a law in the first place?

No, the TH's saying this are spewing bull$hit..AZLawyer posted this info earlier of 5 other cases JUST IN MARICOPA CO. DISTRICT that were opted to retry the PENALTY PHASE and 3 of those 5 were sentenced to DEATH by the reseated second jury for the PENALTY PHASE!

There have been five cases in Maricopa County AZ
where the original jury in a DP case came back hung in
the penalty phase. In one of those cases, the State
decided not to ask for a new jury. In 3 of 4 the
remaining cases, the new jury came back with a Death
verdict and the other was Life.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/arizon...alty-prog.html

Juror #1 sounded so sad while she was being polled. Yes, I'm a loser and I'm trying to figure out by their Yes' who are the hold outs.

That was awful...i see. JVM in that mix...OMG!

So he's getting his car or buying a train ticket or something? Jeez and Jane had the nerve to say he must want attention because he walked out into the street .. unbelievable.

I don't like Jane.

He should be able to go wherever. If he wanted attn..ala Jodi, he would've spoke. He didn't utter a word. HLN disgusts me.

A whole lot of the time HLN disgusts me also and I mentioned in my post that JVM's behaviour was disgusting...but til things cool down a bit I think if a juror doesn't want to be asked about the case they should lie low for a bit...it's just human nature to be asked about it. Not that it should be done in any way shape of form like JVM did.

I disagree. It's HLN. My first cause is finding Audrey May Herron. My secondary cause is removing this channel from television.

They have a right to be on tv....it's their right. All you have to do is change the channel if you don't like it.

8-4? Wow, I thought maybe there would only be one holdout. What's the problem? She's guilty of first degree premeditated murder - she meets the aggravating circumstance - they weight of the mitigating factors is zilch - apply the LAW and giver her the DP. You are not killing her - you are applying the law to a set of facts. The state does the rest. If you don't like it, take it up with your state legislature but don't muck up the judicial process.

I think the jurors who were holding out will be shocked to see what we've all been privy to.

it took two trials to get justice for Michelle Young. If it takes two trials to get justice for Travis Alexander then so be it. It will be worth the wait. Yes it is sad about the impasse (I personally side with the 8 for death) but JA will not have this as a "victory" for long. I truly believe the second time around there will be some sense of justice finally.

Trying to post this again........

Is there anyone that can match the descriptions we were given of the jurors to the actual jurors as they boarded the bus? I"m dying to know which one is juror number 1. I think she was a hold out, and I also think 2 men on the back row were hold outs. It wouldn't surprise me if Ponytail wasn't one of them. He just looked too liberal to me, meaning that he thinks, (just live and let live) in a hippie kinda way. And the youngish female, very tall with long brown hair, appeared to be down right giddy with laughter. Could be she was just glad it was over. I just want to put faces with numbers.

I also wanted to point out that 7 jurors voted for Premeditated murder and felony murder. It's a pretty sure bet those 7 were for the death penalty. Wonder who the 8th one was that joined them in the vote for the DP?

Their vote during the aggravation phase compared with the final tally during the penalty phase is what surprises me also. It appeared at least more would be inclined to vote "death".

However, you are so right. There is great consolation knowing she is now a convicted murderer and no matter what her ultimate punishment, she will be in a most horrible place without any of the simple pleasures or freedoms we enjoy each day.

:)

IMO, she will be miserable with life...I don't feel JSS will give her parole....I just wish she was in solitary if she doesn't get death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RickyRaw