Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
AGGHHH!!!! Yes, agree with others on here about the forman's abuse comments, and he didn't just kinda say it, he said he was ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT SHE WAS MENTALLY AND EMOTIONALLY ABUSED BY TRAVIS. Couldn't it just be that she was obsessed with him? We did not see ANY of her provoking for those texts, b/c she was doing manipulating stuff on him in the background but in front of him, she would put on her innocent act. So that explains no reaction from her in the text messages, and just sweet-talking him to calm him down BECAUSE SHE HAD ALREADY DONE HER PART IN IT. UGh, I just wanna scream!!!!

And the sex part....hello...she was trying to do that to win him over and to prevent him from getting rid of her. OMIGOSH. I cannot believe this.

Let's all be really really thankful that they didn't believe her physical abuse stories.

The only good thing I think she did was tell the jury they would be killing her. It may have been difficult for jurors to think that they would be killing her.

Agreed. Wilmott was also punching the jury right in the emotions, which I feel was really uncool. CMJA made that decision when she chose to commit captial murder in a DP state. They would not have been responsible for her death, they would be determining whether the aggravators outweighed the mitigators according to the law of the state of Arizona. Uncool, but effective, I guess.

I really wish Wilmott had had her hands around CMJA's throat while she was saying, "...kill her..."

I think it's like this...imagine if someone came to you and said the young daughter of your neighbor commited a horrific, horrific crime where she stabbed her boyfriend to death. You would understanably be shocked, and WANT TO FIND A REASON AS TO WHY. What happened, did she snap? Did she have a mental breakdown? And keep in mind you had never heard anything bad about this girl, and she seemed really sweet and innocent. SO SOMETHING MUST HAVE GONE WRONG.

And in this case, the snap must have been caused some what by the victim. Because who does that. Right? This is where I burn.

The DA never introduced the tire slashing because there wasnt a police report, correct?

Sort of reminds me of the OJ jury not hearing Nicole's 911 call when he was bashing in the windshield of her car. IIRC.

I think it is a reasonable assumption. I agree that we dont know for sure.

I think from his words it's clear he was one of the jurors who held out for life. He stated that he felt that Travis was abusive to Jodi but that didn't excuse her crime but that fact had to be brought in to consider the sentence. That sounds like he thought the "abuse" she suffered was a mitigating factor. At the very least he thought it was an acceptable mitigating factor to consider even if he wasn't one of the hold out jurors. In the end his vote doesn't matter to me. What matters the most to me is that he actually believed Jodi was abused at all and he believed that Travis to some degree had it coming even if it didn't excuse his murder.

That thought to me is unacceptable.

I agree, but I saw some name calling last night I don't think that's right or even within the TOS. Being angry is one thing, calling those who don't agree with you cowards or dumb, not so much. Today has been a whole lot more civil as people have calmed down.

I missed the name calling bit. But I do still see the telling others how to post bit...imvho.

Did I just hear beth again on HLN. said it wrong . she said one more shot and she will get the life without parole. that is incorrect the judge can do life or 20 years with parole.

did I catch that correctly as I came in on the end of it.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

The more I think about Jodi being mentally and verbally abused, the more annoyed I am?

How exactly was she mentally abused?
How was she verbally abused? If the answer is the March 26 texts, I will flip! Were there any other texts, emails, or IMs with insults from Travis with the exception of March 26?

I don't know why this juror was chosen as the foreperson -- it would be nice to know more about the process of choosing one. Does one volunteer? Do they take a vote?

Wow. After watching that, I think it's a great accomplishment that this jury was able to reach a verdict of Murder 1, then Cruelty.

I agree.

We are lucky that they even voted for Murder 1. Now we know it was probably a fight to get that conviction. I'm just glad they at least convicted her. I am however heartbroken for the family that this jury thought Travis was a abuser instead of Jodi being the abuser.

This Arizona #2 retrial thing makes no sense to me.
What group of people will know more and hear more then Jury #1?
How they expect to get an unbiased jury together and up to speed with all the evidence is beyond me.
Why not make the best out of 7?

I think from his words it's clear he was one of the jurors who held out for life. He stated that he felt that Travis was abusive to Jodi but that didn't excuse her crime but that fact had to be brought in to consider the sentence. That sounds like he thought the "abuse" she suffered was a mitigating factor. At the very least he thought it was an acceptable mitigating factor to consider even if he wasn't one of the hold out jurors. In the end his vote doesn't matter to me. What matters the most to me is that he actually believed Jodi was abused at all and he believed that Travis to some degree had it coming even if it didn't excuse his murder.

That thought to me is unacceptable.

Thank you JSR-you put this much better than I have.

Did I just hear beth again on HLN. said it wrong . she said one more shot and she will get the life without parole. that is incorrect the judge can do life or 20 years with parole.

did I catch that correctly as I came in on the end of it.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

You are correct one more shot and then it goes to Judge Stephens to decide LWOP or LWP after 25 years.

OMG ... listening to the foreman's interview on GMA :

"I'm very sure in my own mind that she was mentally and verbally abused."

And then he tries to "justify" his statement :banghead:

Really ? Seriously ...

OMG ... JMO, but I bet he voted for "life" ... would NOT surprise me !

MOO MOO and MOO !

I'm wondering how he was chosen as foreman, was it due to his age? Do we know if most of the other jurors were younger?

IMO, ALV was not believed, the texts and voicemails were believed but they were out of context

Yes, but ALV is the one who, as a hired gun, provided the false context.

I really wonder if juror 8 could have brought them all home.

One good thing is now JuanM knows exactly what evidence to push for and how to decimate the defense. AND I hope the judge does not treat the defense with kit gloves.

And why aren't JA's lawyers bailing on her now that they have a chance? Because they never intended to bail and it was only a ploy?

A prosecutor's demeanor while in the court room should be seen as an "on stage" persona. I have been married to a man who did that same job at one time and believe it or not, I was his rehearsal audience in our home!

Absolutely. I do the same thing in the lecture hall -- not at all the same person in real life.

i'm not going to get into the age debate again, although it still rubs me the wrong way since i'm 64.

AZ is FULL of older people. when my friend moved there at 55, all the women in the neighborhood thought she was a threat to their marriages because she was so young! LOL. they would barely speak to her for a long time.

but i STILL maintain that us antiques have lived life and have learned things those in their 40's have yet to learn. we've seen the world change in miraculous ways----i remember getting our FIRST tv!! we're not stupid and we're not out of touch with what's going on in the world.

i know you didn't mean that as an insult---i get it. but i felt i had to respond to it.

FYI, my father is in his late 60's, he's no Pollyanna. :blushing: My Gran passed away, I found letters my Granpa wrote to her from Korea, no puritans there either... Even more shocking :blushing: a letter my great grandfather wrote to my great grandmother. We all got here somehow...nobody should be naive to think we only just invented sex...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare