SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...I have a lot more respect for her now. I had never seen that before. I always think, though, when I'm watching her show that she must have been a great prosecutor b/c she has that commanding personality...it's like you just believe everything that comes out of her mouth. I think she would have done a GREAT job on CMJA case if she was on it, just like our Juan did.

I love Nancy too, but she is right where she belongs on HLN. Her record as a prosecutor was not exactly pristine, but I don't want to get into that in case she or her people read here. I do love her because she's a wonderful advocate for crime victims, and I know her heart is in the right place.

And I still like her hair too, I think it suits her. But maybe she could mix it up a bit and vary her hair styles from down dos to up dos. She seems to get stuck on one thing.

Love ya Nancy :seeya:.

I'm on windows 8 and keep getting java errors for WS chat..help anyone?
I could bypass the warning when I was on my old computer. On my windows 8, it simply tells me I can't go there - that the site is not safe. It may be my safety detection software (I can't think of the word - blond moment), but the site itself won't even show - just the message.
If you get it figured out, let me know. It's a blast down there.

Snipped from : http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/2359903

Zervakos wouldn't say which way he voted, but an alternate juror told The Arizona Republic that she would have gone with the majority on the death penalty. Carol Gosselink of Scottsdale said Arias showed a lack of remorse. Arias' claims about being emotionally abused also didn't ring true.

Gosselink said jurors and the three alternates agreed not to disclose which of the four were against sentencing Arias to death. She said the gender of the jurors "didn't make a difference" in how they voted. But she was disappointed that they couldn't come to an agreement.

RBBM: Of course, the foreman is NOT going to say which way he voted :

He does not have to because his outrageous statements speak for themselves ...

And how dare he insult Mr. Juan Martinez !

BBM: WHOA ... hold on ... the 3 alternates were NOT included in deliberations -- but yet the jurors told the alternates which 4 voted for "life" ...

Sounds like they made a PACT ... I understand completely that jurors do NOT have to speak but they did NOT fishish their duty, which makes no sense at all considering all 12 voted for Pre-Med Murder 1 and Extreme Cruelty ...

I will be real surprised IF any of the other jurors speak out ...

I think a "gag order" for the jurors was self-imposed by the foreman ... MOO !

And where there's stink, there's HINK !

MOO MOO and MOO !

Would someone please explain to me how to access the chat room?

Thank you!

There are links in previous posts, it is java, so depending on your browser it may not work IMO, I tried I couldn't make a go of it.

BBM

Not necessarily...May simply have been expecting the judge to order them to continue deliberating the following day...and judge made the decision, called it>mistrial.

Could JSS have ordered them back yesterday? I thought when that earlier question came out they were already deadlocked, not "clarifying."
IF they were only deliberating, they wouldn't have bothered with that question. That said to me there was no real deliberating. This guy and maybe three others had made up their minds before the penalty phase.

When my jury summons arrives in the mail, I literally freak out...perhaps, some can understand why.

Some may want to serve in the current climate...not me anymore, though.

When Jared Loughner (Gabby Gifford's shot & 6 died, a beautiful child, Christina-Taylor Green 9 years old also), & he was due for trial I had already rec'd a jury notice for a federal case due the same time his trial would be. Then something happened to close all courts (homeland security) the day before when I checked the trial status online. I was just on jury pick and worried what I'd tell them. I knew all about what happened, talked about it, knew facts I shouldn't have. Glad court was closed, not for whatever reason it was but to sit for any length in a trial on the inside and not as an observer but a vote, I want to hide anymore when I get these notices. I'll go but I will fess up if I know anything.

The Foreman in his interviews says expected that by coming back with being dead locked the last time that Jodi would get a life sentence by the judge. He is claiming he had no idea it would be a mistrial.

I haven't seen that specific interview. If you don't mind, can u link that particular interview?

I am only aware that he believes that it is unfair that jurors who are not attorneys are asked to make such a crucial decision in our system, not that he/they did not understand the instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenaciousdae
WTH happened I take a Claritin, sleuth is lil buddy now, nobody is talking, there's a secret magic room with no rules or guilt... Nurmi has disappeared... Is this the apocalypse.

Come see us...it's a good time :)

What is? I need more than a Claritin.

BBM.

He said that this wasn't the case:

BUT if he isn't telling the truth I hope the other jurors speak out. Let's face it, his perception of things isn't quite in line with the majority so there's a chance that his view of the deliberations aren't the same as everyone else's.

Link to the quote:
http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/2359903

I'm sorry, but I don't believe a word he is saying -- he obviously felt that JA was "verbally abused" by Travis and that is an outright LIE by JA and her DT -- so IMHO, if you believe Jodi, then you are NOT worth believing either ...

Obviously, the foreman was not watching the same trial I was -- there was not one shred of evidence to prove any form of "abuse" ...

Travis was a wonderful man who was dearly loved ... it's quite obvious that the jury foreman paid absolutely NO attention to Travis' devastated siblings when the spoke !

Makes me furious that this foreman fell for JA and her serial lies ... absolutely sickening !

MOO !

GMA...I believe may have been online in 2 videos. Unsure.

Below is another from 12 News:

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2407451853001

And here from Inside Edition:

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/05/jodi-arias-jury-foreman-interview-video/

Ok, the Inside Edition one is the worst. He sounds like DB! he sounds like one of Jodi's supporters like DB who is being interviewed to vouch for CMJA!! Omigosh, Nurmi must be jumping up and down listening to this guy. JW is probably shrieking with delight.

In all of the MANY interviews I've seen of him (even though he states it's FEW), he seems to go out of his way to cast CMJA in a good light. Instead of focusing on her crime, he focuses on her character (at least in the interviews).

This one particularly got me where he said "The reason I'm doing a few of these shows"...is because when they got out they realized how angry everyone is with CMJA, and he wants people to realize she's a human being. So did he not just state that he's going on these shows for CMJA's benefit?????? I am soooooooooooooooo sad and at a loss for words. What about poor Travis??? What about his family?????

This guy is just repeating the "it's ALL ABOUT JODI" which we have been bombarded with in the last couple of weeks with her press tour. It seems like an extension to those, it really does.

I just can't even imagine what the family is feeling listening to this guy. He rarely mentions any negative thing about CMJA, such as her stalking, her obsessive-ness, her manipulation. He even excuses her lies! It's like a run-on CJMA interview. WHEN IS THE MADNESS GOING TO STOP???!!! He says a few times the "horrific crime" but I never heard him say anything SPECIFICALLY ABOUT THE VICTIM TRAVIS and what she did to him. He talks about Travis' family and their pain, but NEVER TRAVIS and what happened to him. It's like the exact same as CMJA. I am not getting this at all.

I feel like I am in some alternate universe where Nurmi and CMJA are controlling everyone's minds.....

Has anyone had success skyping themselves with their iPhone to their iPad??

I'm tired and getting wacky:) I think I have a spider bite right at the base of my noggin it's in my hair and I can't see it. It's pretty swollen and hurts!! It really is quarter size. What should you take for a spider bite? When should I panic and go to the er? Sorry for o/t ;)

I'm tired and getting wacky:) I think I have a spider bite right at the base of my noggin it's in my hair and I can't see it. It's pretty swollen and hurts!! It really is quarter size. What should you take for a spider bite? When should I panic and go to the er? Sorry for o/t ;)

try using your phone to take a pic of it - then you can email or compare to other spider bites

Hmmm...I don't know what to do for that. But if it spreads, then definately go the ER.

IMO you need to go to the ER right now. Why put yourself through the fear and pain (if any). Please go and let us know when you come back home.

Snipped from : http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/2359903

Zervakos wouldn't say which way he voted, but an alternate juror told The Arizona Republic that she would have gone with the majority on the death penalty. Carol Gosselink of Scottsdale said Arias showed a lack of remorse. Arias' claims about being emotionally abused also didn't ring true.

Gosselink said jurors and the three alternates agreed not to disclose which of the four were against sentencing Arias to death. She said the gender of the jurors "didn't make a difference" in how they voted. But she was disappointed that they couldn't come to an agreement.

RBBM: Of course, the foreman is NOT going to say which way he voted :

He does not have to because his outrageous statements speak for themselves ...

And how dare he insult Mr. Juan Martinez !

BBM: WHOA ... hold on ... the 3 alternates were NOT included in deliberations -- but yet the jurors told the alternates which 4 voted for "life" ...

Sounds like they made a PACT ... I understand completely that jurors do NOT have to speak but they did NOT fishish their duty, which makes no sense at all considering all 12 voted for Pre-Med Murder 1 and Extreme Cruelty ...

I will be real surprised IF any of the other jurors speak out ...

I think a "gag order" for the jurors was self-imposed by the foreman ... MOO !

And where there's stink, there's HINK !

MOO MOO and MOO !

I agree. But that guy can't be speaking for the eight. He has no special say, but his short 15 minutes. I hope he shuts up. I have had my fill of blowhards. :moo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenaciousdae
WTH happened I take a Claritin, sleuth is lil buddy now, nobody is talking, there's a secret magic room with no rules or guilt... Nurmi has disappeared... Is this the apocalypse.

What is? I need more than a Claritin.

... another one of the professor's riddles. Spring has finally sprung and I'm having major hay fever, and now a giant bump on my head. No time for his haikus...

Respectfully BBM

Juries I have served on, the forepersons usually have leadership qualities, or prior to deliberation, are perceived as being fair and open-minded, or independent thinkers by their juror peers. This has been my experience only.

IMO, unlikely that he was able to "manipulate" anyone given the 8/4 split.

I've viewed 3 of the foreperson's interviews. Personally, I don't detect any signs of "affection" for convicted murderer Jodi Arias.

Members may be media/trial junkies, but jurors may not be.

I understand what you are saying ... but I'm just not buying anything foreman is saying ...

With respect to a jury foreman, there is NO written "rule" or "instruction" as to HOW that jury foreman should conduct the job OF jury foreman ... that is entirely left up to the jury and the foreman how they handle their own deliberations ...

It is written in the instructions to choose a foreman ... and yes, the foreman is usually a person with leadership qualities, etc ... but no telling what really goes in the deliberation room -- every jury is different ...

I do believe that a foreman can have influence ...

I've listened to this foreman's interviews and I'm not buying his b . . . s . . .

MOO ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member